Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 11/21/2019 at 12:18 AM, Reno2020 said:

Saw your home pics.  Noticed you have a glass door for your kitchen and a glass corner stall in your bathroom.  May I know your supplier and the cost of these 2 items?  Interested in getting for myself too.  Btw have you moved in?  How is the corner stall working out?  Does it feel crammed?

paiseh, i used an ID, so glass door and shower cubicle was arranged by her, not sure which contractor.

price was $1,180 and $900 respectively.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
31 minutes ago, diraf said:

I like that you color matching the living room shelving with bedroom storage as well.

I like your flooring too.Is it vinyl , laminate or tiles?

yep, as i expected to rarely close the sliding door, thought it would be good to keep the laminate colours similar

flooring is vinyl, ID suggested vinflor brand. FYI, i chose another colour code intially, but had to change to another colour code, as the original colour code i chose, that particular batch had some QC issues. fingers-crossed this colour code is ok...

On 10/17/2019 at 2:22 PM, BunniBoi said:

going to hack the wall away??

yes i hacked the wall away.I didn't like the two sliding doors.i did a normal swing door instead.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, evozero said:

paiseh, i used an ID, so glass door and shower cubicle was arranged by her, not sure which contractor.

price was $1,180 and $900 respectively.

Thanks for responding.  Appreciate it.  Considering doing something similar but not sure if too squeezy but I don't like wet floors.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:50 AM, Cranberries said:

Hello to all members here! 

I have been following this forum for 2 years. This is my very first post. 

Expecting my keys this Dec/Jan. 

Type 2, 47sqm

@studioflatter: Really sorry to hear your horrifying reno experience. Hopefully, everything unpleasant will be over and done with and you can settle down nicely in your new home.

@CaseBlue: I plan to put up insect screen too. Could you share your experience in sourcing for the suitable service provider for insect screen? Thanks in advance! 

Hi neighbour, I also Eastcreek.. Just finished renov. you from which block?

@daztan89Hello, neighbour!

I think mine is the last block for building completion and key release. 

Finished reno means you can move in before LNY, Congrats!

I will only start to reno after LNY, no point rushing now. Getting my keys this month. 

Edited by Cranberries

On 11/16/2019 at 2:20 PM, Cranberries said:

Hello to all members here! 

I have been following this forum for 2 years. This is my very first post. 

Expecting my keys this Dec/Jan. 

Type 2, 47sqm

Hi! Can I check with you is Dec/Jan the "official" expected date given by HDB?  I've heard that usually the BTO will be completed about 6 months ahead of the date given by HDB, not sure if that's true?

@mytinybtoHello! My new flat did not complete ahead of time but right on the dot. From the very start hdb state my new flat will be expected to complete in Q4 2019. And indeed I was notified to collect keys in December. But I did hear of projects completing ahead. And I was initially hopeful that I can collect keys in June/July but that never happened😅

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 12:00 PM, diraf said:

I made the kitchen door less wider to a normal door width by installing a false wall.original dimension is very wide entrance.

i put solid pine barn door as the kitchen door. **** heavy by itself but the rolling track helps using it with ease.

2 Reasons y i cover the kitchen is because my neighbor opp can see when i open my main door.I can see theirs too.We are the two only units on the level have such unique '' corner " layout.The rest of the units are facing the corridor.Other reason is i have A/C in the living room.

Flooring is a mix of ceramic tiles for door & kitchen entrance leading to the entrance of bathroom while the rest of the entire unit is vinyl flooring.

Vinyl doesn't sound as hollow and lightly textured according to the wood grain design.

I encountered several issues/problems during renovation like others in this forum.Its really can be a exciting & the same time frustrating experience esp for first timer like myself.

Will post more in future.

reno.jpg

The flooring is looking really nice here! Can't wait to get my flat! 

Hello to all! 

I'll like to ask about SP utilities. 

I read that nowadays new bto has their utilities pre-turned on so turn-on appointment with SP technician not needed. 

But also read from another article that even though new bto has utilities pre-turned on, you still need an appointment with SP technician to check something else. 

A bit blur here, so need appointment with SP technician or no need at all 

On 12/11/2019 at 12:11 PM, Cranberries said:

Hello to all! 

I'll like to ask about SP utilities. 

I read that nowadays new bto has their utilities pre-turned on so turn-on appointment with SP technician not needed. 

But also read from another article that even though new bto has utilities pre-turned on, you still need an appointment with SP technician to check something else. 

A bit blur here, so need appointment with SP technician or no need at all 

for electricity & water, just need to register online at SP website

for water, there will be a [not sure what is the exact term] tap "handle" inside your mailbox. that can be used to turn on your water supply in the riser

for gas, register online [my ID did it on my behalf], then owner has to be present for meter installation and connection from gas supply to hob.

5 hours ago, evozero said:

for gas, register online [my ID did it on my behalf], then owner has to be present for meter installation and connection from gas supply to hob.

I'm thinking to get induction cooktop instead of gas hob, so no need to register for gas.  But not sure if it's good idea since I've never used induction before.  But the hob looks sleek and nice!   So hard to decide!

Thank you @evozero!

I tried applying online but there was some error, can't get it done online. 

just wondering what documents do you need besides IC when register SP account via online.

Can't register online then I just have to queue at SP counter on day of key collection ☺️Cross my fingers Q won't be too long. 

6 hours ago, mytinybto said:

I'm thinking to get induction cooktop instead of gas hob, so no need to register for gas.  But not sure if it's good idea since I've never used induction before.  But the hob looks sleek and nice!   So hard to decide!

Hello! 

I was deciding between induction and traditional stove as well but decided on old school stove. 

I was thinking of trying out 1 or 2 of my mum's recipes for kueh kueh (if I ever really try making😁) I was afraid induction cannot do steaming for long hours.... Also never used induction cooker no idea how it's like so I stick to old type. 

I guess depend on what and how often you cook? 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 6:10 AM, mytinybto said:

Hi, i've been using induction cooktop for cooking for close to 2 years now, and I can vouch for it being very nice for cooking.

Its safe (no open flame), and super easy to clean (just need to wipe it clean with a cloth)
Whichever induction cooktop you decide to buy, do ensure that it's made of something called "Schott Glass"

The downsides of induction cooking are:
- You need to of course buy pots and pans that are induction-capable
- You are unable to cook dishes that need open flame (eg: claypot dishes, chinese-styled wok cooking) You can still do frying tho, i've made Char Kway Teow before lol.
- Your electricity bill will be higher
- Because an induction cooktop is made of glass, do be careful when handling your pots/pans so you don't scratch the glass.

As for steaming of dishes, there are electrical standalone steamers available on the market.
Some rice cookers have steaming functions too.
Or you can use DIY method, get a deep enough induction capable wok, fill it partway with water, put a metal wire tray on top and than your dish on top of that. (Same like old school water steaming using chinese wok + water) of course you will need to top up water as it boils down.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by ryanyth

• Like 1