Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyfatcat007

3 Room Resale For The Witch And Her Cat

just wanted to butt in and thank you, Lazyfatcat007, for your Wasser bath recommendation. we went there yesterday and bought the $220 WC as well, plus a few other things! thank uuu!! :):sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Walau what's the network point at the service yard for? and **** room?

I only have one network point behind the TV. It works for me as I don't have TV and desktop computers in the bedrooms and the wifi signal coverage is good enough

too many thick wall, just to give my guest a better experience, worry they

Nextstep wants to *wash eyes* while surfing the net at service yard...

hahaha wash eye???

go toilet can't go online :P

That wall art lamp is cool ! And 1 thing similar ... bed for our pets ! I couldn't resist when I saw the funky one although it is not cheaper than to meet a basic model from Singapore. Have you plumber started work ?

I dunno how the wall lamp will look.. a bit plasticky now. Plumber installed new water pipes today. Will go down tmr to see how it goes. City gas coming too!

Edited by Lazyfatcat007

Walau what's the network point at the service yard for? and **** room?

I only have one network point behind the TV. It works for me as I don't have TV and desktop computers in the bedrooms and the wifi signal coverage is good enough

Actually, I also have a network point at my yard (and in all parts of my house). There are many possible uses, some known some yet to be discovered.

Possible uses:

Extend coverage: It is not the distance or size of your house. Sometimes, the signal drops the moment you turn a corner. Maybe because your wall is very thick or you have some glass barrier. maybe your yard faces the carpark or the playground or your favourite kopi shop. Telco data being so expensive these days, being able to extend your WiFi network is great.

Devices: In my case, I use it for my yard webcam. But it is not inconceivable that in the near future, your "smart" washing machine or dryer will have a network connection which allows you to remotely operate it. Many AV devices like TV already have them.

Haha my guess is its for IP camera and signal extension as well. Single-storey Hdb and condo units have less issues with wifi performance in general I think. Usually a better router or a wifi signal extender will provide sufficient coverage for the entire unit. Houses are a little more tricky.

Me and a techie staff at my sister's shops spent some weeks to troubleshoot the poor wifi signal issues with the singtel fiber broadband installed at the second floor of the shop house, after long ding-dong with singtel technical support over the phone and onsite troubleshooting (which is quite a joke coz all he did was do a speed test via wired connection using his laptop to the server situated in USA and I read that the server is paid by Singtel, and he cant advise me how to address the weak wifi issue when I asked him how to lay the fiber cables for another network pt). In the end I signed up another fiber broadband plan with Viewquest with the intention of terminating Singtel's broadband once the contract ends. With the information I gathered and the recommendation by Viewquest technical staff, I replaced the free singtel router with a highend asus router that worked for the two storey shophouse with many walls , and used my old airport express as an wifi extender at one corner.

D+22: Plastering is done and uncle is doing the sealant today! Some pictures to show the house's condition

2myc5s9.jpg

Living area

xapifq.jpg

My new water pipes!

2lkzm1t.jpg

Bathroom with my petite toilet bowl and shower!

243nwyc.png

Paint choosing time. I chose only two.. boring me!

Lights!!

My ID had actually gone through first round of lighting plan with me but I was still in pending mode, so I asked him to let me have the sketch to digest. A few days ago, I reminded him and he told me we can discuss today so that he can make the amendments. Today he brought the electrician and started briefing him the layout... I mean aren't we suppose to discuss first before we confirm?! I try not to shoot him down in front of the electrician but I can feel my face turning darker and darker... Angry! 😡

Another issue: I wanted to do conduit pipes initially but due to extra costs, I was hesitant. My ID just assume I'm going ahead as he briefed the electrician, and I had to put my foot down and said NO! Then he sprang another surprise and tell me he can do concealed wiring. I was like... wth is that? I asked him to explain but he just say he can do it. How do I make decisions if I don't even know what is it?? To cut the story short, I was really pissed off. I jyst told him to pass me the draft and I will amend.

Back to lightings, by rough guide I need about 12 lights for my tinny house! 😱 My current 5 room don't even have that much.. Fellow 3-roomers, can share with me your lighting plan?

Hi Kara, thanks thanks! Just need it for referencing.

P/s: after glaring at my ID, he finally said concealed wiring is to dig a hole in the wall and bury the wiring and that cost $100+ more per point!

Mine is new BTO leh, got use if I share with yours?

I have total of 10!