Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nestlee

Clean Scandinavian Design 4-room

Recommended Posts

RENOVATION WORK- Part 8 Lighting 
Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 10.31.31 PM.png
This the lighting plan. We will be using track lights for living room and kitchen without the need for false ceiling. Most are the standard lighting points provided by HDB with minimum modification. 
IMG_8830.JPG
Black Fans and long track lights **** room and a shorter track lights for the featured brick wall. Personally, I preferred white track lights than black track lights but my partner said there is no contrast. Btw, any suggestion for placing the angle of track lights?  
IMG_8520.JPG

Track lights for kitchen and LED lights installed under the kitchen cabinets. 
IMG_8531.JPG
IMG_8835.JPGIMG_8837.JPG

Pendant lights to pair with our marble dining table and corridor along the bedrooms. 
IMG_8567.JPG
Lights at service yard.
IMG_8566.JPG
IMG_8560.JPG
Lights at toilet.

IMG_8560.JPG
Fan with LED lights at master bedroom. 
IMG_8842.JPG
Fan with LED lights at bedroom 3. 

IMG_8542.JPG
Revised Lighting 
My aunt visited our new flat last week. She shared that we had too much lights in the living room. It is not good for fengshui as it is too hot and fierce for the house. She also commented the color we chose is too cold. :~Will blog in a separate post on fengshui for our house. After hearing their comments, we reduce the number of track lights. 
IMG_9034.JPG

Now the track lights is reduced from 6 to 4 for living room. 
IMG_9036.JPG
The track lights is reduce from 5 to 3 for living room. I think we bought too much extra track lights and we still have about 8 track lights. We are considering to sell the extra track lights. :jammin:

OH NO!! :bow:
We installed the Elmark fan with the lights at the bedroom 3 and master bedroom on different days. We didn't realized the lights for the bedroom 3 and master bedroom are of different colours! :jail:

It is very obvious and ugly and totally not acceptable. 

The one in the bedroom 3 is of warm lights but it is very bright. However, the one in the master bedroom is white light but it is very dim! We tried to see if we can adjust the colour of the lights but it didn't work! :( Maybe we should contact the salesperson at Tampoi to see if he can help or exchange the lights. 

IMG_9031.JPG

IMG_9032.JPG

Edited by nestlee
add picture
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

PURCHASES

Fridge

Shortlisted the list of fridge. Every one introduced us different brand for different shop we went. We are really noob and know nothing about the electrical applicances. It is really a headache to choose the electrical appliances. 

1. Hitachi R-V480P3MS
The sales person said Hitachi is a good Japanese brand. The tempered glass is better than stainless steel as it will not turn rusty and easier to clean and maintain compared to stainless stain. We really like the clean look. It comes in white, grey and black for thee Tempered Glass. We were deciding between the white and grey.
Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.32.06 PM.png

 

2. Mitsubishi 3-Door Fridge MRV50E2G
Before we confirm our purchase of the Hitachi fridge, we went to another shop and another salesperson introduced us this Mitsubishi model. He said that Mitsubishi is well known for its air conditioner system and therefore the same system is used for the fridge. It is a 3-door fridge and the height of 180cm is a good fit to our kitchen cabinet height of 187cm, leaving reasonable space for ventilation. He also shared that the fridge can be placed near the kitchen wall as there are not protruding parts behind the fridge. 

The original retail price is about $1,300 ++ and now is selling at $1,100 ++. The price seems to be a good deal since it strongly recommended by the salesperson. I very excited to show the fridge to my mum. However, it seems like old folks don't like dark colour. She asked me if there is stainless stain colour or grey colour. 
 

  • Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.38.16 PM.png
    I managed to find the stainless stain version! Which one is better? Any opinion? 
    Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.40.04 PM.png
     
  • TV
    Any one has any recommendation for TV? We are looking at Sony, Samsung and LG. 
Edited by nestlee
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pipsqueak said:

I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!! :wub: looks like a dream!

where is your marble dining table from? i can't see clearly if the legs are wooden or steel? :)

couldnt agree more! love your kitchen super! is the cabinet color, dark blue or black???? it looks really nice! the color combination is spot on!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nestlee said:

PURCHASES

Fridge

Shortlisted the list of fridge. Every one introduced us different brand for different shop we went. We are really noob and know nothing about the electrical applicances. It is really a headache to choose the electrical appliances. 

1. Hitachi R-V480P3MS
The sales person said Hitachi is a good Japanese brand. The tempered glass is better than stainless steel as it will not turn rusty and easier to clean and maintain compared to stainless stain. We really like the clean look. It comes in white, grey and black for thee Tempered Glass. We were deciding between the white and grey.
Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.32.06 PM.png

 

2. Mitsubishi 3-Door Fridge MRV50E2G
Before we confirm our purchase of the Hitachi fridge, we went to another shop and another salesperson introduced us this Mitsubishi model. He said that Mitsubishi is well known for its air conditioner system and therefore the same system is used for the fridge. It is a 3-door fridge and the height of 180cm is a good fit to our kitchen cabinet height of 187cm, leaving reasonable space for ventilation. He also shared that the fridge can be placed near the kitchen wall as there are not protruding parts behind the fridge. 

The original retail price is about $1,300 ++ and now is selling at $1,100 ++. The price seems to be a good deal since it strongly recommended by the salesperson. I very excited to show the fridge to my mum. However, it seems like old folks don't like dark colour. She asked me if there is stainless stain colour or grey colour. 
 

  • Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.38.16 PM.png
    I managed to find the stainless stain version! Which one is better? Any opinion? 
    Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.40.04 PM.png
     
  • TV
    Any one has any recommendation for TV? We are looking at Sony, Samsung and LG. 

I like the black color, its just me , kinda unique to me

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your home is looking super gorgeous and I really love your kitchen and toilets! The knight grey wall @ your dining area matches the kitchen cabinets well. :wub:

If you decide to go for the hitachi fridge, I'd vote for white! It'll match nicely with your marble backsplash and countertop. But if you're going for the mitsubishi then maybe black seems more sleek. Try and see if you can find the colours for these models in person cause grey/stainless steel for certain models may either turn out shiny or matte and the look can be quite different from photos! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi pipsqueak! 

Thank you so much for your compliment! ::lol: The legs are made of steel/metal while the surface is made of "fake" marble. It's a steal as I bought it at half price from Lifestorey. I had headache finding the dining table.

The size is 140 x 90 and it is rather heavy and bulky! My mum keeps complaining to me that it is too big for my dining area. 

 I like your marble dining table very much! I saw it at Crate & Barrel right after I bought my dining table. :( I preferred your legs as is slimmer and the marble is more chio but the cost is also quite expensive! 

On 11/23/2016 at 9:01 AM, pipsqueak said:

I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!! :wub: looks like a dream!

where is your marble dining table from? i can't see clearly if the legs are wooden or steel? :)

Hi Edger03

It's homogenous tiles! Real marble is more difficult to maintain as it will get stained easily. 

On 11/23/2016 at 10:34 AM, Edger03 said:

Nice kitchen back splash you got there. Is that marble or homogenous tiles ? Thanks

Hi Pes

Thank you very much :D

The kitchen laminate is called Oceanic. Looks like bluish grey to me. My contractor used black laminate for the edge of the cabinet. This is a photo with closer look.
IMG_9168.JPG

On 11/23/2016 at 2:13 PM, Pes said:

couldnt agree more! love your kitchen super! is the cabinet color, dark blue or black???? it looks really nice! the color combination is spot on!

Edited by nestlee
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 81chimphua, 

Yes. The surface of the black fridge is something like shiny black diamond which make it looks more atas! That's why I also love it! 

On 11/23/2016 at 2:23 PM, 81chimphua said:

I like the black color, its just me , kinda unique to me

Hi Ventot! Thanks for sharing with me your opinion! ;)

On 11/23/2016 at 3:43 PM, ventot said:

i vote for black mitsubishi too :)

Hi Kingandbin! 
Thank you very much for your kind compliment! I was so stressful when I need to choose the colour for the wall and the laminates, the type of tiles for toilet.  I'm glad they turn out well.

You really know me well!! I can't agree with you more on the choice of the fridge. I think we will decide between black and white rather than stainless steel as our ultimate choice. I love the hitachi fridge in white tempered glass and it really blend well with the marble backsplash and countertop! We were ready to make the purchase. When the salesperson said the plastic area will turn yellow over time,  we were completely taken back. :unsure: 

The black one is really more stylish and sleek. This is how it looks like in reality. My only concern is that I afraid it may make the kitchen too dark! 
We will go down to check out other shops before making the final decision. The more choices we see the more confused we are! :rolleyes:

IMG_9040.JPG
 

On 11/23/2016 at 2:47 PM, kingandbin said:

Your home is looking super gorgeous and I really love your kitchen and toilets! The knight grey wall @ your dining area matches the kitchen cabinets well. :wub:

If you decide to go for the hitachi fridge, I'd vote for white! It'll match nicely with your marble backsplash and countertop. But if you're going for the mitsubishi then maybe black seems more sleek. Try and see if you can find the colours for these models in person cause grey/stainless steel for certain models may either turn out shiny or matte and the look can be quite different from photos! :)

hi cancan83! Yes. My uncle's current fridge is stainless steel. Some of the parts are scratched due to daily usage and it turns rusty. I think I will go for either white, black or grey fridge to keep the colour consistent! :D 

On 11/23/2016 at 4:42 PM, cancan83 said:

I like the stainless fridge but over time there's a tendency of color fading..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2016 at 0:24 AM, nestlee said:

Hi Kingandbin! 

Thank you very much for your kind compliment! I was so stressful when I need to choose the colour for the wall and the laminates, the type of tiles for toilet.  I'm glad they turn out well.

You really know me well!! I can't agree with you more on the choice of the fridge. I think we will decide between black and white rather than stainless steel as our ultimate choice. I love the hitachi fridge in white tempered glass and it really blend well with the marble backsplash and countertop! We were ready to make the purchase. When the salesperson said the plastic area will turn yellow over time,  we were completely taken back. :unsure: 

The black one is really more stylish and sleek. This is how it looks like in reality. My only concern is that I afraid it may make the kitchen too dark! 

We will go down to check out other shops before making the final decision. The more choices we see the more confused we are! :rolleyes:

Actually since the Hitachi and Mitsubishi are different in terms of the number of doors/drawers you can decide based on the functionality of the fridges! Haha yes, I was also thinking that if you got the black fridge your kitchen might be a wee bit darker. 

Nowadays alot of our appliances probably won't last us more than 7-10 years. Our needs will change and for fridges, we may outgrow their size by then. Within these number of years even if they do yellow I'm sure it'll be slightly only. That's why I picked a white fridge (Hitachi tempered glass!) too - for aesthetics purposes and maybe also delusional that it hopefully won't yellow much in its lifespan of usage hahaha. :sport-smiley-018:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2016 at 0:05 PM, kingandbin said:

Actually since the Hitachi and Mitsubishi are different in terms of the number of doors/drawers you can decide based on the functionality of the fridges! Haha yes, I was also thinking that if you got the black fridge your kitchen might be a wee bit darker. 

Nowadays alot of our appliances probably won't last us more than 7-10 years. Our needs will change and for fridges, we may outgrow their size by then. Within these number of years even if they do yellow I'm sure it'll be slightly only. That's why I picked a white fridge (Hitachi tempered glass!) too - for aesthetics purposes and maybe also delusional that it hopefully won't yellow much in its lifespan of usage hahaha. :sport-smiley-018:

so true, but my sony bravia tv, is almost 10 yrs old! my friends tell me i lucky :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Aura Sink download renotalk renovation guide


×