Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zirhk3355

All Tanglin Halt Road Neighbours! Report In Here!

Thought renotalk and facebook is good enough for sharing and discussion. Even with Renotalk, participation in the Tanglin Halt thread is also not as active as before, not sure what will be the response for our own website. But then again, if really going ahead to create one, I will support it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sometimes, i really wonder if town council can do something to educate our fellow residents about cleaniness...

Our blocks void deck are always dirty with litter, food leftovers, styrofoam boxes, etc etc... and most recently, at blk 89, a used sanitary napkin...!!!! yes... no kidding.... Floor file are never clean, dog urine are found at every corner...

Well, the millipedes problem was never sloved, now i notice Centipedes... Cockroaches are always here... rats are applying for baby bonus, more small rats are seen... Do we need to wait for the rats to invade Kofu and Long John Silvers and then another Geylang Serai Case happens?

When MP Baey visits, there's always a clean up... sometimes re-paint walls also... he will never see the real state of our 2 year old blocks...

thats why many post back i criticised (i know this will not go down well with the Pro supporters) that when we have such visits, its all about putting up a show.... so superficial and fake.

funds are used to spruce up the surroundings, potted plants are rented, multiple red carpark lots are specially reserved for a good 24hour with a guard in place....is there a need to resort to this level of "ball carrying" - i think not

as for the current filth in the estate, it is to be expected because cleaners only clean the place once a day and typically in the morning, and i dare stick my neck out to say the cleaners at our block and mscp are pretty diligent and detailed in their works compared to others in other estates.

the problem with rats and other pests is beyond the jurisdiction of our cleaners but by the Town Council....the problem is these people prefer to rest on their laurels and put on filtered eyewear where not necessary

all said and done - its just a HDB estate only, just accept it as it is and you will feel better ;)

yeah, used sanitary napkin found on the floor... n one of the intelligent lift is down again @ blk 89... n i wonder hw on earth is the common area floor cleaned...

I have seen how the cleaners do their jobs and i do not envy them. They are a pretty diligent bunch, especially this old uncle who I always see at the MSCP. The cleaners have done their part, we as residents should do ours.

Hello Neighbours!

I wanna install a rain shower in my MBR. I'm using Citygas heater. Can advise any problems with water pressure so far?

Heard waste water ah haha :P

Please give comments and share ur experience with me. Thanks. :)

I have seen how the cleaners do their jobs and i do not envy them. They are a pretty diligent bunch, especially this old uncle who I always see at the MSCP. The cleaners have done their part, we as residents should do ours.

unfortunately for me, i haven't seen any cleaners in action... perhaps its always wrong timing? of coz i've done my part of not littering (or do u mean scrubing myself? if so, whats the SC&CC we've paid for besides clearing the rubbish chutes?), but i juz wonder (based on my 'sightings' @ my mum's place when the cleaners were cleaning common corridor) hw do they clean? if its strong water jet spray, shouldn't the marks be gone? i've moved in for more than 6mths, the marks are still there...

still wondering... :dunno:

unfortunately for me, i haven't seen any cleaners in action... perhaps its always wrong timing? of coz i've done my part of not littering (or do u mean scrubing myself? if so, whats the SC&CC we've paid for besides clearing the rubbish chutes?), but i juz wonder (based on my 'sightings' @ my mum's place when the cleaners were cleaning common corridor) hw do they clean? if its strong water jet spray, shouldn't the marks be gone? i've moved in for more than 6mths, the marks are still there...

the water jet would clear the dust and light marks, but not those extreme cases. There are some footprints at my floor which been there since 2008. As one of the forumers said, take it easy and our days will be better .... today our corridors just jet sprayed ... floors look sparker but not sure for how long .... the letterbox areas are worse ....

well if these marks are around e radius of your home entrance and it bothers you, just take some detergent and get to work to rid it, i am sure after so doing you will feel better :)

you also done your part to help keep the area looking good....i do that to my corridor area, at least when i walk by each time i feel good looking at something nice and clean.

cleanliness is not only the part of the cleaner, they are afterall only cleaners and will never be as diligent as the owners so if everyone does their part, the world will be a better place..... unfortunately most singaporeans dont think this way :(

the selection of the tile is wrong... beige color, yet with uneven surface... dirt will be stained on the surface... need to use machines to scrub, then will be clean. Kofu has a blue machine that cleans the floor... think that will work...

BTW, a four room unit at blk 89 just sold for $555k!!! how come less than 5 years can sell?

Flat Type : 4 Room

Street Name : Tanglin Halt Rd

Block No. : 89 to 91

Resale Approval Date : Jan 2009 to Apr 2009

Click on the to sort the records according to the categories shown.

HDB Town Block Storey Floor - Queenstown 89, 21 to 25

Area (sqm) - 90.00

Lease Commence Date - 2008

Resale Price - $555,000.00

Resale Approval Date - Mar 2009

it is possible for certain causes:

1. Unit owned by last remaining parent (one deceased) and now the last parent deceased and children do not want the flat so got to sell off....

2. Unit owned by an Individual and this Individual also completed his last breadth so whoever is listed in will or etc will have to force sell the unit if they are not eligible to the unit.....

Many other such reasons..... but it was a good price

ya i tot so too... the floor outside my parents' place is cement flooring... ours too 'fanciful'... so everything becomes obvious...

wow, so fast got ppl sell liao... haiz, i won't get this kind of 'profit' if i sell...

A friend of mine also sold off his flat in Punggol within 3 years, fully paid-off.

Fully paid-off? Means? His house already paid up fully?

then sold to earn profit back to his cpf ac? :unsure:

Hi guys

Sorry disappeared for so long; was outstationed for awhile, with backlog of work to handle last few weeks...

Shall we have a meetup soon?? Haha seemed like I always advocating such things but never work out...haiz...someone support support lehh... ;P

Hello Neighbours!

I wanna install a rain shower in my MBR. I'm using Citygas heater. Can advise any problems with water pressure so far?

Heard waste water ah haha :P

Please give comments and share ur experience with me. Thanks. :)

Hmmz think everyone is missing your question.

I am using citygas heater and I have a rain shower in my room; no problem at all! Its more like a 'heavy drizzle', but definitely acceptable to most people. But if you got one of those power massaging rain showers, I am not sure if its gona work.