Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

On 29/11/2016 at 10:04 PM, fifteenmay said:

Hi Everyone, this would be my second time posting  my house renovation on renotalk.

my last reno was a 4 room bto in fernvale 6 years ago.. and middle of this year, my hubby convinced me to sell the house to move nearer to my parents' and my daughters' future school.it was a dilemma as we were staying right opposite seletar mall and i love the convenience. but hubby had valid points on why we should sell and so i agreed to put our first hse on the mkt.We sold our house within 3 months but took longer to find a hse that we both like and so had to move into my parents' hse to stay for the meantime.

House hunting

We were looking at serangoon central 5 room flats initially, but the prices of the 30 year old flats were way above valuation and we learnt it the hard way as we had placed the $1000 deposit on a flat before valuation came out to be 55k less than the offered price!!! :wacko:omg.. had to forgo the $1000 deposit as we did not exercise the option in the end.

Le Sigh,gave up the dream of staying at serangoon central area and started looking at amk ave 10 ( prices were similar to serangoon central!) and even hougang but we couldn't find a flat we both like. moved on to serangoon north eventually and found a new listing for a 5 room flat on property guru and we made an appt immediately with the agent. hubby liked the hse after viewing as it was bit like "condo layout" i.e. rooms along a corridor.As for me,it was more of a "lets see if i can turn it into me dream house". We made an offer and seller wanted 90 days extension before putting in option and 3 months extension after sale is completed! :o can't believe we agreed and here we are, waiting for the day we can start renovation.

here is our floor plan of our second home!

floor plan.jpg

oh your scenario and mine is the same, sold bto and shift near parents but mine is shifted near mil house as she's the caretaker for the kids.

your layout is almost similar as mine also...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
8 minutes ago, hwaa said:

oh your scenario and mine is the same, sold bto and shift near parents but mine is shifted near mil house as she's the caretaker for the kids.

your layout is almost similar as mine also...

:Phi! your house much bigger! mine only 120Sqm...

2 minutes ago, fifteenmay said:

:Phi! your house much bigger! mine only 120Sqm...

just 6sqm only. :D

Edited by hwaa
heh

3 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

thanks! i cant wait for it to be done.. my track lights are the small small type like @kingandbin one,but more expensive..lol.. i din want those big ones that can see wire type. 

i mean your kitchen big, not tracklights big lol

Just now, matchalatte said:

i mean your kitchen big, not tracklights big lol

oh..hahaha.. my last bto s kitchen was teeny weeny.. as in really tiny.. only one person stand in the kitchen type :~ so when buy resale, my condition is that kitchen needs to be bigger..ahhaha

your ID is abit ridiculous leh, silicon to make good of the gaps also need money?

thats what he should do.. its part of his job scope.

23 hours ago, fifteenmay said:

i asked my id already. he say that those 45 or 90 degree casings that has holes tt can be seen, its foc filled up with silicon. Kitchen carpentry also is SOP to fill up with silicone but applying silicon to seal up gaps due to uneven ceiling and wall for electrical casing is not SOP,tt s why must top up. he say he will apply silicon top,bottom,left and right everywhere that carpentry doesnt cover. ;) i think silicon not expensive but labour is :wacko:

siao, its his job to make good. 

dont be soft hearted.

3 hours ago, hwaa said:

siao, its his job to make good. 

dont be soft hearted.

3 hours ago, hwaa said:

your ID is abit ridiculous leh, silicon to make good of the gaps also need money?

thats what he should do.. its part of his job scope.

ID explained to us quite clearly what is FOC and what is chargeable liao.. so we would just leave it as that.. with the hooha here, i think he also dun dare to anyhow charge extra.;) An hor?

Carpentry progress part 3

Just went up and saw alot of progress!

Kitchen cupboard doors are up!

IMG20170325214139.jpg

Oven is in

IMG20170325214039.jpg

Hood is in too

IMG20170325214043.jpg

Waiting for kompacplus and glass backsplashIMG20170325214624.jpg

Only managed to fit one cuoboard with trays

IMG20170325214720.jpg

Kids cupboard doors up @poliwhack These r the laminatss u chose too!

IMG20170325214246.jpg

Masterbedroom cupboard

IMG20170325214314.jpg

Inner carpentry

IMG20170325214436.jpg

IMG20170325214448.jpg

Masterbedroom toilet-waiting for solid surface and installation of sink/tap.surprised to see mirror is installed too!

IMG20170325214258.jpg

Cupboard between dining and living room

IMG20170325214531.jpg

All in all,really relieved and pleased with our choice of laminates. All those looking at laminates paid off..lol 

On 3/25/2017 at 11:16 PM, fifteenmay said:

Kids cupboard doors up @poliwhack These r the laminatss u chose too!

IMG20170325214246.jpg 

Hehehe! Oh my! i cant see the design clearly. LOL. Can help to take picture with the design next time? LOL Thank u!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5 hours ago, poliwhack said:

Hehehe! Oh my! i cant see the design clearly. LOL. Can help to take picture with the design next time? LOL Thank u!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

@poliwhack, i will try! the design is very faint.. not those embossed kind.. at night, it just looks like a greyish white cabinet..

• Like 1

Aluminium door to kitchen is installed.no more open concept kitchen liao :unsure: fun fact:chose the design of the door cos it reflects our letters of our names.k for the front and d from the back.. Haha

IMG20170327210739.jpg

Air cons' blowers are installed. 

IMG20170327210648.jpg

IMG20170327210659.jpg

IMG20170327210711.jpg

Nearing d day already. Tomorrow tv being delivered,thur fri for electrical and kompacplus/solid surface. Next monday chemical wash and wed move stuff fr storhub into new hse! Phew! 

wow i love everything im seeing lately, dark bathroom, wardrobe, kitchen door bearing your initials! btw how long did your reno take? have you started since dec? now its nearing apr liao, almost 4 mths??

6 hours ago, matchalatte said:

wow i love everything im seeing lately, dark bathroom, wardrobe, kitchen door bearing your initials! btw how long did your reno take? have you started since dec? now its nearing apr liao, almost 4 mths??

@matchalatte thanks! its coming to fruition soon! we took quite a while for reno. started a few days before CNY then stop 2 weeks for CNY til now. we knew that it would take about 10 weeks before reno started.. but think we can finish in 9 weeks..