Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

think you should get your ID to buy the sofa from you at the full price

why sell it at a discount when it's your ID's fault

why IDs charge so much more than contractors is also as a form of insurance

if anything goes wrong, they will take care of it

and i'm sure he can find someone else whose home will suit the sofa to a T :)

he did offered to buy over.. but i think that would be the worst case scenario solution.. i told him to focus on getting my flat completed by this week first.. then after that we open up the sofa (coz its still in the box).. and we see how we can rectify it.. if cannot then we see how lor..

i feel bad if he has to buy over from us.. worry what if he can't sell it he gets stuck with it..

then that day the sales girl know we going to use it separately, she also never say anything.. somemore me and dar also never thot about it coz my parent's place L-shap sofa can be separated lor.. so we really never think of that..

very sad.. moody over it.. coz i feel sofa is one of the most impt piece of furniture in the house lor..

OMG, really nitemare leh...

i agree with applefreak dat u should ask ur ID to buy over the sofa at full price and not sell it at a discount.

sighs, then the oven he should also buy over lor!! haha.. coz the oven he went with us to order too and he says its stainless steel border.. but i did not want to bring it up yesterday coz the biggest headache was the sofa.. at least the oven still can use and ok-nice.. just not not very-nice only.. :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My hubby likes your black black ceiling. hehe... Then i told him.. in order to have black ceiling, he have to give up the ceiling fan. :)

keke.. black ceiling cannot install ceiling fan meh?? i like ceiling fans but hubby don't like.. coz its more space saving than standing fan.. and i'm more of a fan person than air con person, find that the air is more fresh lor.. but hubby is the opposite of me.. :notti:

On a more positive note, things are moving along. Vincent had rejected the black glass for my cabinet doors, wardrobe doors and tv console frames last week and I hope the next batch they are sending this Friday is good to go. Hate delays. But of course, choosing between delays and worksmanship, I rather the latter la.

The wood coloured laminates delivered were ok so the drawers and cabinet doors are fitted already for the kitchen.

27052007009.jpg

27052007004.jpg

As usual, was paraoid again after deciding on the laminate colours that time but guess Vincent is pretty good at colours coordination so his recommendations did not go wrong. Bedroom wardrobe doors were fitted last Friday and the centre portion which uses colourful streaks looks nice against the green walls. *phew*

27052007005.jpg

27052007006.jpg

Cushion headboard still not up but the bedframe and side tables were delivered. Wanted to do suspended side tables but Vincent saw some nice designs in a magazine and did those. I like that the side tables are customised but not suspended lor. At least I can carry them and re-use if I ever decide to move. :deal:

27052007007.jpg

Schedule for this week is packed:

- Monday ~ Sanitary

- Tuesday ~ Air con

- Wednesday ~ Carpeting and wallpaper

- Thursday ~ Cleaning

- Friday ~ Carpentry for black glass, delivery of mattresses and various appliances

- Saturday ~ Delivery of more appliances

Keeping my fingers very crossed. Must find time go pai-pai at Bugis for things to go smoothly...

Edited by LinDa

keke.. black ceiling cannot install ceiling fan meh?? i like ceiling fans but hubby don't like.. coz its more space saving than standing fan.. and i'm more of a fan person than air con person, find that the air is more fresh lor.. but hubby is the opposite of me.. :deal:

meaning must spend more money on removing it and do a L-Box mah.. haha..

Anyway, the way i placed my furnitures not really suitable for L-box. hehe.. :)

Me and my hubby are fan person also. Aircon makes my skin dry.

On a more positive note, things are moving along. Vincent had rejected the black glass for my cabinet doors, wardrobe doors and tv console frames last week and I hope the next batch they are sending this Friday is good to go. Hate delays. But of course, choosing between delays and worksmanship, I rather the latter la.

The wood coloured laminates delivered were ok so the drawers and cabinet doors are fitted already for the kitchen.

27052007009.jpg

27052007004.jpg

As usual, was paraoid again after deciding on the laminate colours that time but guess Vincent is pretty good at colours coordination so his recommendations did not go wrong. Bedroom wardrobe doors were fitted last Friday and the centre portion which uses colourful streaks looks nice against the green walls. *phew*

27052007005.jpg

27052007006.jpg

Cushion headboard still not up but the bedframe and side tables were delivered. Wanted to do suspended side tables but Vincent saw some nice designs in a magazine and did those. I like that the side tables are customised but not suspended lor. At least I can carry them and re-use if I ever decide to move. :P

27052007007.jpg

Schedule for this week is packed:

- Monday ~ Sanitary

- Tuesday ~ Air con

- Wednesday ~ Carpeting and wallpaper

- Thursday ~ Cleaning

- Friday ~ Carpentry for black glass, delivery of mattresses and various appliances

- Saturday ~ Delivery of more appliances

Keeping my fingers very crossed. Must find time go pai-pai at Bugis for things to go smoothly...

ur wardrobe center portion so nice! so are the bedframe n side tables!! SWEE!:bleah:

ur wardrobe center portion so nice! so are the bedframe n side tables!! SWEE!:P

hey girl, om is having gss sale. my colleague got the same coffee table at $600 (less 15% off $650 + $50 delivery then round down):P so sad lor, i only got it like couple of days earlier, super lugi.. $50 can buy me a set of bowls and plates i'm eyeing at ikea lor.. :bleah:

thank you thank you.. but its all really vincent's design and ideas.. met him just now at my new place, think he's super stressed out with my place.. a lot of last minute stuffs that went kinda hay wire.. :) like the sanitary people burst a water pipe.. that is like the second time, coz the air con people oso burst one couple of weeks back..

meaning must spend more money on removing it and do a L-Box mah.. haha..

Anyway, the way i placed my furnitures not really suitable for L-box. hehe.. :)

Me and my hubby are fan person also. Aircon makes my skin dry.

haha.. can consider the idea for your future more extensive renovations!! our living actually i find a bit hard to place sofa correctly lor.. initially, i was having a hard time deciding on my sofa position on my own oso.. like neither here nor there lor.. there was so many drawings i drew to see which is the best positon lor.. keke..

for me is, if i sleep air con, i will get sore throat next day.. problematic.. but i'm those type on fan or air con also cover my blanket until nexk one lar.. haha.. :P

Edited by LinDa

My renovations is having a BAD WORSE NIGHTMARE DAY today.

Problem 1

Oven not what I expected.

26052007001.jpg

I thot it would be stainless steel for the borders when I saw it on the picture (did not see actual thing) that's why I bought it as it would match my fridge. But its actually like frosted glass material. Sighs, I'm so disappointed. Should have gone for the Teka one which I saw, touch, feel.

Anyone willing to buy it at a discount?

Hi Linda,

How much did you pay for the oven?

hi hi ... sorrie to read abt the nitemares... but am sure things will go smoothly soon... after the rain comes the rainbow right? !!

really lurve the coffee table and the light u have for the breakfast area... looks really chio! the wardrobe doors also are niceee~

btw where's lush ?

hi Linda.. good to see that eveyrthing is gg along nicely for u so far. hope to see more completed pics !

Hi Linda,

How much did you pay for the oven?

Hi! I got this Rinnai oven for $690, they having a promotion for this model at the moment I think.

Erm, in case you are enquiring coz you are thinking of buying mine, I'm sorry coz I managed to talk to Lookz again (bought thru them) and Catherine (the girl whom attended to me) finally finally finally managed to convince the Rinnai agent to take back the oven.

Topped up another $390 ($1350 less 20% = $1080) to buy the Teka one. Finally solve this problem. *phew*

PR-0001016.jpg

hi hi ... sorrie to read abt the nitemares... but am sure things will go smoothly soon... after the rain comes the rainbow right? :D

really lurve the coffee table and the light u have for the breakfast area... looks really chio! the wardrobe doors also are niceee~

btw where's lush ?

Lush is located at Centro Bianco building located along 73 Upper Paya Lebar Road #02-01 (Tel: 6858 5882). But you can never find this building along the road coz it never say on the building itself lor! Haha.. You try looking out for U-Home signboard as they are occupying the first floor and has prominent signages. :)

Hihi... love ur light at dining area.. how much is that?

Its really cheap! I find its the best buy! :P

The light comes in 3 sizes - very big (forget what dimension), my size which is medium (60cm) and small (40cm). For the respective sizes, its about $800+, $300+ and did not ask for the smallest size coz I was looking for medium size one. I can't recall the exact amount but its around there.

Lightcraft shop front displays the biggest one that's why we asked how much is it. Worried too expensive mah then no point asking if it comes in other sizes. When they say the biggest one is only $800+ then we enquired further and heng they have the size we want. Close up of the light flowery pattern (sorry ya, still in wrapper).

26052007002.jpg

Can go Lightcraft look see as I find they have a lot of choices compares to all those I went to see at Balestier and at really good prices. My bedside table hanging lights just delivered, not installed yet, also very cheap and I think quite nice. Show you the pic after its up on Friday!

hi Linda.. good to see that eveyrthing is gg along nicely for u so far. hope to see more completed pics !

A lot of activities going on for the place this week. Today the carpet is up and some of the wallpapers done. Carpet looks good but some boo-boos on wallpaper, very tired, sighs. Will try to post more pics! :P Work was crazy today being eve of public holiday, if only don't need to work but I need to service my renovation loan. :)

Edited by LinDa

Vincent gave me a surprise by doing this in the mbr toilet for me. I told him I want to box everything up (pipes, trunking, wires) and I expected all the stuffs to be boxed up by plasterboard/chipson board/fibre board or whatever. But he did this storage cabinet for me! There originally was an aircon water outlet pipe running down against the wall.

28052007006.jpg

28052007005.jpg

28052007004.jpg

Now I can put my beauty items, accessories, toiletries in there instead of my wardrobe. :sport-smiley-004:

This is the wallpaper he has chosen for the living area.

29052007.jpg

Rolls of wallpaper. Honestly, I originally thought that wallpaper comes in very BIG rolls lor. Din expect it to be so small or short. Starting work!

30052007.jpg

Called Vincent quite late at night yesterday coz I went up to the new place and saw that the wallpaper that have been done for the study area looks awful. :sport-smiley-004: There was an short electrical trunking along that wall and after it was wallpapered, it become very prominent. When it was in the wall colour, it was less obvious. Guess the dark colour amplified it. But feeling very bad about it coz Vincent had offered to wallpaper FOC for us for that area and my other bedroom and now I got to ask him to take the study room one down. Waste his $$. But it really looks terrible. He mentions that the glue will make the wall uneven after he removes it then must sandpaper before painting. I guess he did sound a little upset coz he wanted to do more for us but now it kinda backfired and meant more work for his workers and it might delay his expected handover this coming saturday. The other bedroom wallpaper looks fabulous though. They still have yet to complete my mbr and living wallpaper, continuing on Friday, more pics then!

I'm really really really sorry, Vincent..

Edited by LinDa

It's the second time someone has burst my water pipe in my mbr toilet. The first was the aircon people when they were doing the trunking 5 Fridays ago. Then last Friday, the plumbers also did it. They were trying to mount my rainshower when it happened.

28052007007.jpg

The culprit.

28052007012.jpg

My hubby (1.9m) can't use the rainshower coz its too low for him (will hit the head). Oops! :P So only I can enjoy. Haha~ But we didn't expect it la. Coz at the showroom display, they did it quite high and we did not anticipate this problem. So to everybody whom is tall, please take note! Unles you want to move your tap higher. For mine, as its concealed water pipe so it's fixed and its too late to relocate (tiles are up) plus all the hassle + cost involved.

My concealed water storage heater. Vincent managed to hide it in my MBR vanity cabinet. But he miscalculaed the knob and he did the cabinets till very fitting so most probably we have to take out the knob in order to close the door properly. He's still trying to think if there's anything he can do with the doors.

28052007011.jpg

Only 15L water stored so forsee might have to wait awhile between each other baths lor. :bleah: Ma fan but bo bian coz though the 30L is only $20 or so more expensive but due to the size. I hate the ugliness!

My carpet was done yesterday. WIP when hubby took this photo!!

30052007001.jpg

I was lying on the carpet yesterday night looking out of my full length living windows, so comfy. Can't wait to move in. !!

Sighs, this is my disappointing OM Andrew sofa still in the box. Still don't know what to do about it. :dunno:I'm serious, anyone willing to buy? I can sell at a discount.

28052007017.jpg

Edited by LinDa

28052007007.jpg

The culprit.

28052007012.jpg

My hubby (1.9m) can't use the rainshower coz its too low for him (will hit the head). Oops! !! So only I can enjoy. Haha~ But we didn't expect it la. Coz at the showroom display, they did it quite high and we did not anticipate this problem. So to everybody whom is tall, please take note! Unles you want to move your tap higher. For mine, as its concealed water pipe so it's fixed and its too late to relocate (tiles are up) plus all the hassle + cost involved.

hihi linda,

think we got similar rainshower but mine is 3-way one...:bleah:

Lucky I din hit the same problem...i'm about 1.87m...:dunno:

Anyway, your house looking good so far ! :P

Just came back from the new place. Wanted to go Ikea but kinda lazy coz raining and such weather makes me sluggish. :dunno:

Hubby spent a couple of hours trying to smoothen (using sandpaper) the walls edges near to the timber skirtings in our MBR coz after the ceramic skirtings was hacked, they did not make good properly. But progress was so slow that he gave up. Must ask Vincent to check them and do something about it. Hopefully he will. !!

Took some pics of the carpeted living platform.

31052007009.jpg

31052007010.jpg

31052007011.jpg

31052007012.jpg

31052007013.jpg

Edited by LinDa