Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lifestyle

Lifestyle Blessed House

Our top mount sink (FRANKE) done undermounted. To achieved this the sink edge thickness must not be too thick and that the carpenters have the expertise in assembling & workmanship.

226978242-L.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I like your sink, lifestyle. This is a very well assembled sink alright! The thing I like about Franke sinks is that the silicon is hidden. When the silicon is under, it reduces the wear on the silicon, and water won't seep into the cabinet under it. Good stuff!

I so wanted a Franke sink too but there isn't one that is big enough for me. So I had mine custom made by Blanco and it was made in Germany for me. Took them 2+ months to make it and ship it to me.

Thanks CM. Yes you are right about the silicon.

We got the Franke products during their promotion. We choose cos heard that Franke makes good sinks which are very solid.

Your Blanco sure even nicer (and more expensive i guess). It's yours the Zeroline undermount sink? Large sinks are a joy in a large kitchen.

Yes, Franke is renowned for their sinks. That was their bread and butter before they ventured into cooker hobs and hoods and what have you.

Actually, mine's the Blancoprecision. A line only available in the US and Europe. It's not the same as the Zeroline available at Hoe Kee. Hoe Kee ordered my sink in for me.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Our top mount sink (FRANKE) done undermounted. To achieved this the sink edge thickness must not be too thick and that the carpenters have the expertise in assembling & workmanship.

Hi, i also bought a franke sink, but didn't manage to get the tap cos they say the promo end liao.. May I check with u when and where did u order your sink and tap? Thanks.

Our Ariston's Delizia hob.

Not recommended if you are a moderate to heavy cooker. Cos after a long continous usage the glass top & the surrounding tends to get quite warm :help: So was told not to clean immediately after heavy cooking unlike the stainless steel hobs.

But it sure looks nice and easy to use & clean :help:

226978296-L.jpg

Edited by lifestyle

226978242-L.jpg

Hi Lifestyle,

thanks for the picture of your sink and sharing it with us!. It looks like there is no silicon or 'something' to cover the gap between granite support and your sink. do u think if there is any water could spill through this gap (between granite top and sink/cement support)?

I've never experienced this (as my current house is using top mount).

If so, then the bottom of the granite and cement support has the chance to always get wet.

*sigh.. to do or not to do really bothers me a lot, and not sure whether the current workmanship/method is full proof or not. anyone has done undermount for over 5 years now?. or this is the latest trend and guaranteed to be good and practical? (not only looks good, as I am a person towards practicality rather than good)

anyone?

Hi Lifestyle,

thanks for the picture of your sink and sharing it with us!. It looks like there is no silicon or 'something' to cover the gap between granite support and your sink. do u think if there is any water could spill through this gap (between granite top and sink/cement support)?

I've never experienced this (as my current house is using top mount).

If so, then the bottom of the granite and cement support has the chance to always get wet.

*sigh.. to do or not to do really bothers me a lot, and not sure whether the current workmanship/method is full proof or not. anyone has done undermount for over 5 years now?. or this is the latest trend and guaranteed to be good and practical? (not only looks good, as I am a person towards practicality rather than good)

anyone?

Hi gadgetgal,

hmm...there is silicon. just that its well hidden hehe

and the silicon cant see so clearly when everything is new..as times goes by, silicon will sure turn green cos of algae

i was told by my carpenter that top mount or undermount, they must put silicon to avoid water spill through the gap

Hi binzz, we ordered ours quite long time ago around June-July promotional time. We also wanted the 3 piece accessories for the sink but was out of stock at the time and still no words as of to-date. Did you got any of those accessories?

Hi, i also bought a franke sink, but didn't manage to get the tap cos they say the promo end liao.. May I check with u when and where did u order your sink and tap? Thanks.

Thanks Yang Guo.

Yes you are correct, the silicon is well hidden inside. Was told that because water usually will just run down the silicon (in the undermount) and less likely to be trap water (unlike the top mount) and hence minimal algae or dirty. Off course maintenance is important as well.

Yup, must put silicon in both undermount & top mount. I have seen the expensive & nice undermount sinks which can have very minimal silicon cos the gap is so small... and looks very nice but price is almost double the top mount sinks.

nice top mount sink mounted under :drunk::drunk:

Here you go bro... Thanks for your advice on the other models.

Got some restrictions on the speaker heights so this is the best that meets my requirements & budget. The sound is very nice also :drunk:

226978372-L.jpg

More Pics pls.
Edited by lifestyle

Here you go bro... Thanks for your advice on the other models.

Got some restrictions on the speaker heights so this is the best that meets my requirements & budget. The sound is very nice also :)

226978372-L.jpg

Cool man :) iszit Dennon D-M35DAB?

It's the D-M33 model cos the DAB model (which i wanted) could not fit in the niche hole.

Here are more pics on curtains/roman blinds installation just recently completed. Installations by staffs was very professional, neat & clean :)

Daughter room...nice pink roman blind

232257726-M.jpg

Living room Balcony

232381291-M.jpg

steaming to iron out the creases...

232257797-M.jpg

Master bedroom...actual color of the organza is a lot nicer & richer...ceiling lights created different mood&color on the curtain. Backing is 100% black out curtains which is very effective and most time i cannot tell if morning or night time :)

232257841-M.jpg

Track & pulley system from Japan. Very solid & convenient :jawdrop:

232257665-M.jpg

Edited by lifestyle