Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kensanctuary

Plants That Can Scare Away Mosquito Or Pest?

Thinking of getting a plant for my new flat.

Last time saw pasar-malam selling anti-mosquito-plants that can keep mosquito away, really effective?

Heard pandan leave can made pest away??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Not sure about pandan leaves - only know that it is effective for cockroaches and good for dessert.

My friend told me about the anti mosquitoes plant only recently and told me it works (good for landed properties)...I never try personally though...

y u not interest to get one if it really effective against mos?

Can help ask yo frn how many plants she had? Not sure 1 is effective or not :X

eh...Pandan is effective in anti-cockroaches or attract cockroaches?

If I am not mistaken, Citronella is actually lemon grass plant. One is not enough, and it does not keep mozzies away permanently. Mozzies will get resistant to the smell and still come into the house.

y u not interest to get one if it really effective against mos?

Can help ask yo frn how many plants she had? Not sure 1 is effective or not :X

eh...Pandan is effective in anti-cockroaches or attract cockroaches?

Hers is a landed property. She got a quite a few pots. Never go and count. So far, when her kids play outside, no mosquitoes...Anyway, I do not think it is 100% but at least it helps to reduce.

As for me, I never like plants...it's a personal preference. I prefer liquid insect repellant - the plug in type.

Pandan leave dispel cockroaches. That's why you see why some taxis have pandan leaves.

Can place a dish of water with lemon detegent to keep the mosq. away. Saw it on TV. So I guess they hate lemon smell.

Really?! Have you try it?

My kitchen cabinet is those "float" kind, then after living, realised mosquitoes like to hide under. :P

I tried spraying Bygone, only lasted for a day. After the smell disappear, they COME BACK!:lol:

Yours is suspended cabinet? Which floor is your unit? My new unit @ 21st flr, also suspended cabinet, so need to move in then see if got mosq. Now, it is crockroaches & ants.

Yours is suspended cabinet? Which floor is your unit? My new unit @ 21st flr, also suspended cabinet, so need to move in then see if got mosq. Now, it is crockroaches & ants.

that's why suspended cabinet isn't very practical b'cos underneath will collect dust and home for insects! !! luckily, i never do suspended cabinet. !!

Aiya, the full cabinet will also be home for roaches and other insects. Just because you dun see it, doesn't mean dun have.... They might be lurking around, playing hide and seek. especially ants....yucks!

At least suspended cabinet allows you to mop. Maybe frequent mopping with diluted detol will help.

I thought they conseal with sealant for the built-in cabinet?

hmm, this weekend will try getting the plants, hope Bedok central got sale (at reasonable price). Any1 know the roughly price can advise?