Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hi guys, surf & happy to found this thread. got a unit at 25B, still doin reno! no space for dinning table, any suggestion? initally i wanted a pull out table but it cost 400-500. told my contractor honestly might as well get a dinning table ! :bangwall: ours is a 4-room. goin ikea later - shoppin !

WELCOME!

Actually HDB already help us design where the dining will be liao, Just depend on if you wanna use it.

Just to the extreme right of the living room

My neighbour actually shifted the dining area to right next to the living room window.

I guess these are the 2 areas you can put.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i did a quick peep. the wooden door was scrapped like they were tryin to get in. according to the uncle, unsuccessful robbery...but who knows if it's true. ya ya! i heard tat one guy did his but also kena broke in. nothin is safe unless u hire a security guard sit outside 24 hrs liao.....

which paper was in in? zaobao or wanbao?

wah! u can do the weldin etc happy? :good:

tat uncle quo me $90 for 6 bolts. he say is more than enough unless i super kiasee wan to change all the bolts.

I was one of the first batch to do the bolt there I think... got charged $150 for 6 bolts..

So to me even $90 is so much less liao :P

hi guys, surf & happy to found this thread. got a unit at 25B, still doin reno! no space for dinning table, any suggestion? initally i wanted a pull out table but it cost 400-500. told my contractor honestly might as well get a dinning table ! :bangwall: ours is a 4-room. goin ikea later - shoppin !

welcome!

hahaha...same prob as me when i 1st move in. had to spend a bit of time to hunt for a smaller table. but no matter wat, can still squeeze in a 4 seater so no worries....

WELCOME!

Actually HDB already help us design where the dining will be liao, Just depend on if you wanna use it.

My neighbour actually shifted the dining area to right next to the living room window.

interestin! can admire the view while eatin...ideal location to eat steamboat also. does it look weird though?

I was one of the first batch to do the bolt there I think... got charged $150 for 6 bolts..

So to me even $90 is so much less liao :P

dah-standard xia....but he really quo u high! tot the more ppl he do at 1 go, the cheaper it shld b...

I change bolt only $120 . AT last my leakage issue hv be resolve , instead of dismantle my kitchen , HDB will do it outside the corrider door so easy for them and us . They change the whole pipe inside the internal piping . Hope everything will be fine

Think almost all unit have finish reno as weekend nvr heard much reno noise . At night all light up is so nice seeing outside

Edited by msbean

WELCOME!

agree. HDB have decided for us but my dear bf wanna use that area for his display cabinet. (doin a L-cabinet) either he shift the cabinet to the study room or we will juz eat using a small side table. went ikea yest, saw a small 2-seater might consider.

sidetrack - qn : does your ID/ contractor show u revise/final drawin of cabinet etc before proceeding?

Hi Ms Bean...I have called (1800-275 5555) a few times (I think more than 10 times) about the access area light. Sometimes, they on half of the lights!!!!

I change bolt only $120 . AT last my leakage issue hv be resolve , instead of dismantle my kitchen , HDB will do it outside the corrider door so easy for them and us . They change the whole pipe inside the internal piping . Hope everything will be fine

Think almost all unit have finish reno as weekend nvr heard much reno noise . At night all light up is so nice seeing outside

wah this thread is moving so fast. v rare..hehe.

i was quoted 9 bolts at $150 (hexagon shape) and $200 (round shape). I am the 2nd batch who did the bolts. think got abit chop carrot also :(

i did the $200 some more..was thinking that if do, just do the best.

now think of it, actually do the hexagon type also can

Hi APA...I think is wanbao lah.

No not me doing the weilding, same uncle, charge $50 for 6 bolt.

He charge you $90??? You should sms me lah.

eh so fast got pple commit suicide liao, usually sensational news mostly in wanbao, surprised my mom has yet to tell me haha

interestin! can admire the view while eatin...ideal location to eat steamboat also. does it look weird though?

ok lah, still looks fine, just that the whole TV console need to be shifted to the left lor, off center

but after effect not too bad

wah kaoz! the bolts so **** ex sia!

wah this thread is moving so fast. v rare..hehe.

i was quoted 9 bolts at $150 (hexagon shape) and $200 (round shape). I am the 2nd batch who did the bolts. think got abit chop carrot also :(

i did the $200 some more..was thinking that if do, just do the best.

now think of it, actually do the hexagon type also can

wah....more reports of over-charging 8| .....n i tot mine was exp.

he didn't even ask me wat shape i wan lor. mine was hexagon. my neighbour did round ones which looks gd cos is same as the original ones.

wah kao! jia lat sia!

Still thinking if there is a need t change. hmmm.......

Every sat those uncle without fail will come and bother me. **** sianz.

Until last sat i buay tahan tell the uncle i will hire sercurity outside my place.

So hoping to get some advice here.

asylum_ship, i also didn't do the bolts and from end jan, after i moved in, without fail, every sat and sometimes sun, the uncle will come and knock the door, so i ignored it for 6 months till last sun we doing house cleaning and opened the door and saw the uncle. He even got print out an article from the news paper and say that must change bolts to the gates so that can deter burglary. Then i said, "no need, i dun want, thank you".

The uncle very persistent, somemore say "All your other neighbours in this floor had done already, and do u know that so many break-ins had been occuring in this estate?", i replied by saying "Yes, but i know, but i still dun want to do", the uncle then say, "You know got break-in, still dun want to do, then your house may be the next target." Then i very angry liao, i told him, "I don't want to do and my house got nothing, so if the burglar want to visit, then good luck to him." Then i close the door...

Sorry for the long long story, just want to blast it out, cos wanting to do welding of the gates or not is our own choice mah.. If i dun want to do, just let it be right, why must curse that my house will be the next target.. So angry with that uncle, if my house really kena break-in then must be the uncle is in cahoots with the burglar..

I guess many neighbours here will want to ask why i don't want to weld the bolts, cos i did check with a few people, first, my ID told me to save the money, then my insurance agent say better don't modify the gates, cos i had bought home protection and if i had did any modification to the gates, then it may have some issues when claiming since the welding uncle is operating by himself and there is no concrete proof or letters issued by HDB that welding the gate is indeed more secure and by modifying the gates, you can't sue HDB or the gates manufacturer when there is a need to, since the original gate had been modified...

***Really no offences to those who had did it already, its up to individuals whether to do it or not.

asylum_ship, i also didn't do the bolts and from end jan, after i moved in, without fail, every sat and sometimes sun, the uncle will come and knock the door, so i ignored it for 6 months till last sun we doing house cleaning and opened the door and saw the uncle. He even got print out an article from the news paper and say that must change bolts to the gates so that can deter burglary. Then i said, "no need, i dun want, thank you".

The uncle very persistent, somemore say "All your other neighbours in this floor had done already, and do u know that so many break-ins had been occuring in this estate?", i replied by saying "Yes, but i know, but i still dun want to do", the uncle then say, "You know got break-in, still dun want to do, then your house may be the next target." Then i very angry liao, i told him, "I don't want to do and my house got nothing, so if the burglar want to visit, then good luck to him." Then i close the door...

Sorry for the long long story, just want to blast it out, cos wanting to do welding of the gates or not is our own choice mah.. If i dun want to do, just let it be right, why must curse that my house will be the next target.. So angry with that uncle, if my house really kena break-in then must be the uncle is in cahoots with the burglar..

I guess many neighbours here will want to ask why i don't want to weld the bolts, cos i did check with a few people, first, my ID told me to save the money, then my insurance agent say better don't modify the gates, cos i had bought home protection and if i had did any modification to the gates, then it may have some issues when claiming since the welding uncle is operating by himself and there is no concrete proof or letters issued by HDB that welding the gate is indeed more secure and by modifying the gates, you can't sue HDB or the gates manufacturer when there is a need to, since the original gate had been modified...

***Really no offences to those who had did it already, its up to individuals whether to do it or not.

YEAH!

That's the attitude, heck him. If anything wrong, suspect the uncle 1st. (hahaha)

I also dun wanna change, recently just did a check with my insurance guy, (as i bought additional insurance to cover everything in the flat, on top of the compulsory one from HDB), he say if i change and kena break into, there may be many complications while claiming (TOUCH WOOD!). Best is to leave it as it is now.

Thank you!

YEAH!

That's the attitude, heck him. If anything wrong, suspect the uncle 1st. (hahaha)

I also dun wanna change, recently just did a check with my insurance guy, (as i bought additional insurance to cover everything in the flat, on top of the compulsory one from HDB), he say if i change and kena break into, there may be many complications while claiming (TOUCH WOOD!). Best is to leave it as it is now.

Thank you!

true....it's personal choice. dun have to hackle ppl to death over it.

oh no :jawdrop: .... i didn't know will have complication! :bangwall:

true....it's personal choice. dun have to hackle ppl to death over it.

oh no :jawdrop: .... i didn't know will have complication! :bangwall:

No lah, i think asylum_ship means hack care the uncle, not hack (kill) the uncle lah... :P

Hey binzz,

- u r beli e rite.

- no nid 2 change e bolt 1.

- i dun see wats better in changing it.

- if e new bolts r so e gd, then y dun they sell it 2 hdb directly?

- las time wen i was at JM, my frnd's unit.

- dis uncle olso came selling his bolts door 2 door.

- my frnd's mum find its cheap, so wana do.

- but my frnd dun wan do. i olso told my frnd no nid do 1.

- so she told e uncle no nid.

- but dis uncle dun wan go away, keep sayin 'Ur neighbours many got do blah blah blah...'

- my frnd beli e 'hot' liao, wana scold him.

- i nearly wana 'F' him.

- think he tot many ppl r laymen, ez $$$.

:fire: