Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

this is v surprising for me if its truely in tis order.. cos 27B completed way before 27A.. my fren got his unit on 27B got their letter regarding the loan in July.. while i just received a letter regarding returning my mum's CPF to her acct.. in last week (btw, i'll b in 27A).. hvn't even talk abt anything on the loan matter leh.. my progress still way behind my fren.. doesn't seems right in any way leh.. :P

this is what the security guy told me. don't hang me if not true. :P

the dates have taken HDB inspection into consideration. the guy told me that the HDB has finished inspection of 27A. all doors are locked and keys already handed over to HDB. anyway just take his word with a pinch of salt and take the dates as just a guideline lor. :P

Wow, thanks for your information!:wub:!:wub:!!

Too bad, mine is at 25B!:D!!

oops... realised a typo...

25B - Jan 08

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
this is ridiculous!:P the ID suggesting to hack the wall to change the concealed pipes!:P he doesn't even know that for new flats, there is a 3-yr restriction period during which hacking of toilet wall and floor tiles is prohibited!:P:wub::wub::D

he is just pulling a fast one for sure... dishonest ID/contractor :fire::fire::fire:

***Quote from HDB RenoGuide****

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...Menu=Guidebooks

Removal of toilet wall tiles is not

allowed during first three years upon

completion of block.

Removal of toilet floor tiles is not

completion of block.

Hi Redbottles,

Thanks for this information! There are really many dishonest ID & contractors around. It's really great that we have this forum.

this is what the security guy told me. don't hang me if not true. :D

the dates have taken HDB inspection into consideration. the guy told me that the HDB has finished inspection of 27A. all doors are locked and keys already handed over to HDB. anyway just take his word with a pinch of salt and take the dates as just a guideline lor. :wub:

oops... realised a typo...

25B - Jan 08

hahahaa.. no worries crazycar.. won't :P u... jus tat i tink even the contractor might mix up 27 A & B.. bcos' yest nite i jus passed by 27A n inspections still going on.. i saw lights on in the unit 05-140 n there were 3 men inside working.. 2 at the windows "brushing" (dunno brushing wat la.. looks like dusting off like tat).. 1 flashing torch light every corners.. and there were 2 other units (which i can't count.. green light on n need to drive off liao) lights on too.. :wub:

this is ridiculous!!! the ID suggesting to hack the wall to change the concealed pipes!!! he doesn't even know that for new flats, there is a 3-yr restriction period during which hacking of toilet wall and floor tiles is prohibited!!! :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

he is just pulling a fast one for sure... dishonest ID/contractor :fire::fire::fire:

***Quote from HDB RenoGuide****

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...Menu=Guidebooks

Removal of toilet wall tiles is not

completion of block.

Removal of toilet floor tiles is not

completion of block.

Hi RED, plse tell pm me who is the contractor so that I will take note of it.

Thanks

HAPPY

hahahaa.. no worries crazycar.. won't :bangwall: u... jus tat i tink even the contractor might mix up 27 A & B.. bcos' yest nite i jus passed by 27A n inspections still going on.. i saw lights on in the unit 05-140 n there were 3 men inside working.. 2 at the windows "brushing" (dunno brushing wat la.. looks like dusting off like tat).. 1 flashing torch light every corners.. and there were 2 other units (which i can't count.. green light on n need to drive off liao) lights on too.. :bangwall:

yah i tink the security meant 27B will hand over first cos 27B windows are all shut already.. tink that means they have locked up all the units in that block le..

whereas 27A windows are still open and you still can see workers working inside.. so most prob 27A will get keys in Oct ba.. :bangwall:

Hi Redbottles,

Thanks for this information! There are really many dishonest ID & contractors around. It's really great that we have this forum.

Yes I am everybody would like to know who are they so that we wont gana con by them.

Actually I also thought of changing into copper pipes...now dont need liao.

Save money!:bangwall:!

Hi All,

3. 20 ft kitchen cabinet. Actually if you are going to do a L shaped kitchen, it does not need 20FT in all.

I drew up the 3D plan and show a contractor and he mentioned that I need only 17ft in all.

Level 6 SP, mentioned that I must add another $350 if I wanna to have a L-shaped kitchen.

Additonal point - Dun do cabinet on top of your refrigerator - Y ? you can't change into a bigger refrigerator in the future.

Cheers,

Cindy-Moneybone

btw we went to take a look at the kitchen cabinetts on level 6... the interior of the cabinets are HORRIBLE!!From teh outside it look as if the storage is big and sufficient... but when u oprn the cabinet door to take a look... omg.. the top part of the cabinets are the pillar that HDB use to concel the pipes and that make the storage space very very little... very very bad design.. the one on teh 15th floor makes more sense..

Tink your can understand wat i am tryign to say if your have the time to go down and take a look.. so i will not consider the 6th floor contractor at all.. not pratical at all.. :bangwall:

btw we went to take a look at the kitchen cabinetts on level 6... the interior of the cabinets are HORRIBLE!!From teh outside it look as if the storage is big and sufficient... but when u oprn the cabinet door to take a look... omg.. the top part of the cabinets are the pillar that HDB use to concel the pipes and that make the storage space very very little... very very bad design.. the one on teh 15th floor makes more sense..

Tink your can understand wat i am tryign to say if your have the time to go down and take a look.. so i will not consider the 6th floor contractor at all.. not pratical at all.. !!

Thanks, I already stirke them off my list a few weeks back.

Oh really that bad for the top cabinet???

I heard that 4th floor also have show flat.

Anyidea belong to which contractors?

hopefully not Tong Hong and Homemakers!:bangwall:!:bangwall:!:bangwall:!!

waaa u gals very power leh , know which have "showflat" is it you all go all level to check how having reno ?

One question actually the washing machine and frig base for wat purpose har :bangwall:

Can I go in 25B to take a look har as the unit 108 window still not yet install , since like is true my blk will be the last as I everyday drive pass also not much improve in the block sad

Edited by msbean

Hi neighbours,

sorry to side-track, may i know what is the standard payment terms for ID/Contractors, or rather payment terms that ID/Contractors will accept but is also safeguarding our interest? Any advise? Thanks...

Thanks, I already stirke them off my list a few weeks back.

Oh really that bad for the top cabinet???

I heard that 4th floor also have show flat.

Anyidea belong to which contractors?

hopefully not Tong Hong and Homemakers!:P!:notti:!:lol:!!

4th floor is not the showflat, the showflat is on the 24th storey

because 24th storey can't see the banner so made use of 4th storey to display the banner

same ID Desmond Tan under Weiken.com

very responsible person, also can neg

waaa u gals very power leh , know which have "showflat" is it you all go all level to check how having reno ?

One question actually the washing machine and frig base for wat purpose har :P

Can I go in 25B to take a look har as the unit 108 window still not yet install , since like is true my blk will be the last as I everyday drive pass also not much improve in the block sad

Hi MS BEAN

You live in blk 25b unit 108 (5 room)??

Oh, then have to wait until jan 08......

:notti:

4th floor is not the showflat, the showflat is on the 24th storey

because 24th storey can't see the banner so made use of 4th storey to display the banner

same ID Desmond Tan under Weiken.com

very responsible person, also can neg

Oh, so it is WeiKen showflat!

His shop is at blk 29.

Hmm...my friend also want to let him do.

Nice guy and look serious in doing business.

For Wekin, I have no comment.

You know lah, I kpo kpo talk talk to the uncle and auntie and heard that the worksmanship is rough.

I have yet see their 'near completion' showflat.

So no comment really!

Hi RED, plse tell pm me who is the contractor so that I will take note of it.

Thanks

HAPPY

hi h4happy,

"crazycar" is the person who met this ID... i merely commented on crazycar's post... :P

One question actually the washing machine and frig base for wat purpose har :dunno:

the base is to raise up to a certain level (correct me if wrong) so that when u wash your kitchen area, your fridge & washing machine will not get wet. In short, is to protect your machine from getting wet if washing your kitchen area.

btw we went to take a look at the kitchen cabinetts on level 6... the interior of the cabinets are HORRIBLE!! :bleah:

:unsure: i guess, better not to voice much of the design ... what if the owner see our views.. :unsure: still no so good right....

Edited by nemofc