Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hi h4happy,

what's sink n stove support? can explain thanks.

hi onepostwonder

they also have package? do you know their homo tiles is from where? can share yr quote, thanks.

how much is their quote? but i heard good comment for uHome.

Oh sink n stove support is actually the concrete support on both side. (the so call 'leg').

To make it stronger while chopping meat or fish.

Rather than only cabinet support.

You get what I mean?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh sink n stove support is actually the concrete support on both side. (the so call 'leg').

To make it stronger while chopping meat or fish.

Rather than only cabinet support.

You get what I mean?

o yes, i got it.. :dancingqueen:

hi all

any comment on "A & D Interior Decoration"?

Hi Onepostwonder

thanks. could i know the "free" system air-con is which brand? there's 1 ID also package in air-con & water heater, granite tiles package = $18xxx.

could let me know your range?

I'm not sure of the brand of the air-con...

The homo + parquet package & "free" air-con is about $14000, this seems more worth it than your $18k package...

this $14k package excludes electrical works, gotta set about $2000 for it?

$14k is the most expensive package, followed by whole house homo and cheapest package being the homo + laminate package... all packages above $13000 though...

Baroque said that for us to use parquet in the 3 bedrooms, it would only cost us $750 ($250/room)... so I guess UHome package is quite reasonable

Edited by OnePostWonder

xlan, i'm also considering HomeGuide for reno, care to share the quotation?

congrats ahko! u getting keys liao.. so envy.. my quote is attentively 23k+.. not final yet.. thou paid 10% liao.. but cos will b changing some of the tings.. so we are still in the midst of reviewing with my designer.. in my t-blog has a rough list of wat was signed on the dotted line..

FYI - request for cement screeding from HDB

"Request for cement screeding can only be done when you take possession of the flat. Pls let my staff know of your request when you take possession of the flat , so that they can give you the necessary form."

Ok there's a few tips which I have learnt during my reno:

1. Cheap reno package doesnt mean is good deal. This is because the contractor may be using subpar materials which you cannot tell until too late.

2. Have thorough understanding of the entire reno process, ie changing the lock 1st or paint the door 1st, etc etc

3. When you plan to have anything hanging from the ceiling or wall, do consider if you house is very windy or you might end up with unwanted wind chimes

4. Ask your contractors for plenty of spare tiles and paint

5. When your designs involve more then 1 materials, you should consider the workmanship (esp at the joints) when they combine those materials together, ie when you mount a panel of glass onto your feature wall.

6. The paint colour on the wall is always darker then when you are selecting from the sample books

To be continued.....when I think of more ^^

hi kriegs,

thanks for the info.. will check n confirm with my ID if i need HDB's service or he'd do it for me.. mean i gotta decide b4 getting keys.. okok..

hi nic,

thanks, pls keep ur tips coming! hehehe.. thanks thanks!

8|

The homo + parquet package & "free" air-con is about $14000, this seems more worth it than your $18k package...

$14k is the most expensive package, followed by whole house homo and cheapest package being the homo + laminate package... all packages above $13000 though...

Baroque said that for us to use parquet in the 3 bedrooms, it would only cost us $750 ($250/room)... so I guess UHome package is quite reasonable

Hi,

my ex-colleague recommend Johnny. who's yours?

Hi All,

This is information I got after calling HDB and A.R. town council and after talking to a contractor.

1. Cement screeding can only be apply via a form and you need to hand to your town council.

2. You are only allowed to apply for it after you get the keys.

3. They will take 3 weeks to process your application so mostly the HDB contractor will arrive on the 3rd/ 4th week after your application.

4. Cement screeding will take about 3 days to be done and dry.

5. The workmanship is not good so it will be better that someone<Prefer to be a guy> oversee their work.

6. Make sure that the floor is done evenly so that you will not get an uneven floor for your laminated floor.

Uneven floor will create sound for your laminated flooring and may even cause it to crack if the 'lobang' is big.

Best Regards,

Monkeybone

quote from BCA - Pointers For Homeowners - Floors

Checks For Material Quality

- The floor screed material should be produced by mixing water with one part of cement and three to four parts of sand of volume.

- The sand should be clean and of diameter not more than 5mm. This can be achieved with the use of a sieve on site.

- The sand should not have a high content of clayey material.

- The correct amount of water should be used to give a consistent and workable mix.

Checks For Quality Work

- The floor base must be free from foreign matter before applying the screed mortar.

- If the floor base is of smooth finish, hacking of closely spaced holes may be necessary. This is to ensure proper and adequate bonding between the screed and the floor base.

- Upon mixing, the mortar is poured onto the floors spread out, levelled and screeded using steel trowels.

- For smooth floor finish, an additional coat of cement slurry is used on the dried screed. The slurry is made by mixing cement with water. The coating should not be more than 1mm thick.

- The screeded floor should be level and should not result in ponding of water anywhere. A spirit level should be used to check on levelness during screeding.

- There should be no hollowness or poor bond of screed surface with the floor base. This is checked by tapping over it with a light wooden or pvc object.

- Excessive crazing or hairline cracks should not appear on the screeded floor surface.

Hi OnePostWonder,

You sure it's only $750 for parquet for your 3 bedrooms??? I got to pay $1800 for laminated flooring under dynamic range (Kronotex Brand). Can you check what brand and range of your parquet that they quoted you?

Btw, any one familiar with laminated flooring? There are so many range. My ID said it won't last for those lower range. I am quite headache about this. If go for higher range, I may hv to top up another $1000 for it. Sigh...