Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I did all homogenous for our house, have to top up around $1600, but from the forum, like most pple do laminates instead of homogenous for bedrooms..

wa.. top up 1.6k.. :P is it common? :~

still hv to consider the sand price is expensive... so doing laminates def much cheaper.. n moreover.. laminates not as "cold" as tiles ma.. so some ppl dun like the cold cold feeling in the morning when u get down frm bed.. to me.. tis can b easily solve by a $2 slippers frm Daiso.. tiles r def more practical n maintenance free in the long run.. but now me too budget.. if gotta top up so much for tiles.. really a bit tough on me.. hv to really press my calculator hard... but i'm still considering to change to tiles too.. see how.. :unsure:

Hi BINZZ

So you top up $1600 means $40k???

No, we reviewed the quotation, yesterday finally settled with $33k quotation and we signed to secure the current expo package without having to pay for the 7% GST also, saved around $2k, plus the last expo package we secured when we paid for the drawings, total we saved about $4k..

Our package includes :

Standard package for HDB new flats (those standard items, painting etc.)

The additionals are here..

- TV feature wall with laminates

- Mirror with backing at dining

- Built in bench c/w drawers at dining area

- Shoe rack with settee and glass display

- Household shelter feature wall

- Suspended study table and top hung wall unit bookshelf

- Bay bed c\w drawer

- Shelving at bay bed

- Glass sliding door at kitchen

- Low height cabinet

- Glass shower screen at MBR bathroom

- Wall paper for MBR

Not the cheapest quote though, but like xlan mentioned, its the communication and trust with my ID that made us signed up.. And we really like get quite a good deal..

wa.. top up 1.6k.. :notti: is it common? :(

still hv to consider the sand price is expensive... so doing laminates def much cheaper.. n moreover.. laminates not as "cold" as tiles ma.. so some ppl dun like the cold cold feeling in the morning when u get down frm bed.. to me.. tis can b easily solve by a $2 slippers frm Daiso.. tiles r def more practical n maintenance free in the long run.. but now me too budget.. if gotta top up so much for tiles.. really a bit tough on me.. hv to really press my calculator hard... but i'm still considering to change to tiles too.. see how.. :lol:

I like cold tiles, i prefer cold to hot.. :) Then maybe also because abit scared off by those termites stories, so right from the beginning I already fixed on getting homogenous tiles instead of laminates (me lah!), though my hubby prefer laminates.. hehehe.. But after some negotiation and threatening :bangwall: , my hubby agree to go homogenous.. :lol:

I like cold tiles, i prefer cold to hot.. :D Then maybe also because abit scared off by those termites stories, so right from the beginning I already fixed on getting homogenous tiles instead of laminates (me lah!), though my hubby prefer laminates.. hehehe.. But after some negotiation and threatening :bleah: , my hubby agree to go homogenous.. :P

:wub: alot lei, i mean your quote.

I might choose homogenous tiles too cos' granite tiles are very limited cos' all dark tone colours.

:D alot lei, i mean your quote.

I might choose homogenous tiles too cos' granite tiles are very limited cos' all dark tone colours.

Yah, exceed our initial budget, we are still considering whether to do the study table, hanging cabinet and the bench with storage and dining feature.. If take away, probably less another $4k..

i prefer cold to hot, too... $ is the concern for me loh.. n also hor.. hard n slippery floor like tiles r bad for doggie's paw.. mm.. am actually looking at matt grey tiles.. dunno nice or not.. still thinking..

i prefer cold to hot, too... $ is the concern for me loh.. n also hor.. hard n slippery floor like tiles r bad for doggie's paw.. mm.. am actually looking at matt grey tiles.. dunno nice or not.. still thinking..

Hmm xlan u got doggy at home too huh ? Me too leh.. :sport-smiley-004:

But also cos of our little doggy we are tinking of doing homo tiles for rm instaed of laminated cos we are afraid that the doggy sometimes might pee in the room and spoilt the laminate flooring leh..

Any advicefor dog owners? :curse:

Hmm xlan u got doggy at home too huh ? Me too leh.. :(

But also cos of our little doggy we are tinking of doing homo tiles for rm instaed of laminated cos we are afraid that the doggy sometimes might pee in the room and spoilt the laminate flooring leh..

Any advicefor dog owners? :dunno:

Hi jasch & xlan,

I have a dog <It belongs to my FIL> and 2 big fish tanks now but I will not be bringing to the new home because I am doing laminated for the whole flat.

Dog - > Leave it in the kitchen as what my frd is doing.

:( My hubby said that I can only buy a dog after 5 years as he does not want to spolit the laminated flooring.

Can I come over to see the doggies when I move to JM. I want a doggie and I am going to miss my fish.

:(:(

Hi jasch & xlan,

I have a dog <It belongs to my FIL> and 2 big fish tanks now but I will not be bringing to the new home because I am doing laminated for the whole flat.

Dog - > Leave it in the kitchen as what my frd is doing.

:( My hubby said that I can only buy a dog after 5 years as he does not want to spolit the laminated flooring.

Can I come over to see the doggies when I move to JM. I want a doggie and I am going to miss my fish.

:(:(

No prob! you are welcome to come over to visit us anytime.. :(

we are also thinking of leaving our dog in the kitchen when we are not in so he will not ahve the cahnce to jump up to the sofa and pee there.. keke

Now hoping my direct neighbour are also dog lovers.. if not might be a bit not convenient for both of us.. :dunno:

No prob! you are welcome to come over to visit us anytime.. :dunno:

we are also thinking of leaving our dog in the kitchen when we are not in so he will not ahve the cahnce to jump up to the sofa and pee there.. keke

Now hoping my direct neighbour are also dog lovers.. if not might be a bit not convenient for both of us.. :(

i got a mini schnauzer but may leave him at my parents' place :P coz he may get lonely when we're out to work during the day. moreover, he's been living in my parents' flat for 5.5 years. :( will not have problems when he pee or poo though, as he's toilet trained. :(

don't restrict your doggie in the kitchen...he/she will not like it... :(

Hmm xlan u got doggy at home too huh ? Me too leh.. :bangwall:

Any advicefor dog owners? :yamseng:

i also have a dog at home.. :bangwall: next time can go dog run together....

but i heard homo tiles absorb vy fast if coffee or others drip into it. u get what i mean?

maybe stick to granite or ceremic tiles... faint

i got a mini schnauzer but may leave him at my parents' place :( coz he may get lonely when we're out to work during the day. moreover, he's been living in my parents' flat for 5.5 years. :dunno: will not have problems when he pee or poo though, as he's toilet trained. :good:

don't restrict your doggie in the kitchen...he/she will not like it... :jawdrop:

o yes, don't restrict your doggie. my dog vy freedom, walk all over the place. pee at newspaper.

maybe suggest to closed the door before leave to work.

i also have a dog at home.. :bangwall: next time can go dog run together....

but i heard homo tiles absorb vy fast if coffee or others drip into it. u get what i mean?

maybe stick to granite or ceremic tiles... faint

o yes, don't restrict your doggie. my dog vy freedom, walk all over the place. pee at newspaper.

maybe suggest to closed the door before leave to work.

Yox. Mine is a MS too and not toilet trained. Poops Poops & Pee Pee everywhere !

Got new renovated at level 8. That's great. I should drop by on Saturday and thereafter starts my contractor hunting.