Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hi happy,

DIY L Joint can be done..i saw my neighbour's flat done up by Tong Hong, DIY L joint done nicely but i am not sure how it is done. have you found any good idea already?

i did my non L-shape rack (whole stretch across the HSS) for $200 also. $200 is their market rate i guess..

Hi, long time never log in, I did my non-L shape, across the shorter side of the HHS for $140.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

binzz,

how r you? how's the stay in JM so far?

i havn't got chance to stay there yet... haha.

moving in items slowly now..

Hi BIZZ....eer....HHS?? I mean window curtain rod.

Hi, long time never log in, I did my non-L shape, across the shorter side of the HHS for $140.

binzz,

how r you? how's the stay in JM so far?

i havn't got chance to stay there yet... haha.

moving in items slowly now..

So far so good.. Its great staying in JM... hahaha.. Ever since we moved in, we hardly had chance to meet-up with other forummers.. Cos most of the time we stayed out quite late.. hehehe..

Hi BIZZ....eer....HHS?? I mean window curtain rod.

Happy, u still the same, u never read carefully.. 8|

I am talking about the HouseHold Shelter (HHS) and i am replying to OnePostWonder post..

For window curtain rods, i am not so sure... Cos i just paid the super expensive and lousy workmanship curtain maker to do for me.. :furious:

just to check if anyone installed solar film on your window?

I will be doing up mine this week, as my unit got afternoon sun shinning in. When I got home, feels warm inside. Laminate floor also feel hot :o

just to check if anyone installed solar film on your window?

I will be doing up mine this week, as my unit got afternoon sun shinning in. When I got home, feels warm inside. Laminate floor also feel hot :o

:dunno: want to do or not. you got the flyers from our block too? i got 1 flyer on the solar film.

how much?

I am also not sure whether we want to do... :dunno:

my unit is super super hot in the afternoon! with the full length mirrors, can get direct full force sunlight somemore! :bangwall:

kriegs- do let us know once u have done on how it is!

:yamseng: Angel

:dunno: want to do or not. you got the flyers from our block too? i got 1 flyer on the solar film.

how much?

mm.. abt the solar film.. experience frm the car.. our old corolla din install any solar film was used to be so much hotter n unbearable during the day.. like lunch we went for lunch.. we used to pour few bottles of water over the car roof to cool down a little then can hop inside the car.. yet we still sweating for the 1st 10mins.. till we reached the destination still no feels of aircon cos it was really too hot..

but ever since we got our new ride.. with vkool as free gift when we purchase.. heard is over 1k+ for the installation normally.. but the effect is amazingly good.. as compared without the solar film.. don't expect it to be 100% blocking off the heat.. it only block off abt 98% of it.. n seems like the effect not as superb as it was new..

so i supposed for home use ones should b the same bah.. it still helps to a certain extend.. better than nothing.. but cos the wall is also heated up frm the outside.. no matter wat brand for how much the solar film costs u.. still u'd feel a little warm in the room when it is facing the afternoon sun..

I really would love the sun to shine into my unit, so that my clothes will be sun dried!

Its so difficult to dry my washed clothes as the sun barely shine to the kitchen window. I had to rely on the afternoon sun tat shines on my living room windows. My washed clothes are my temp "solar film".

Anyway just curious, any of you guys believe in sun shining into ur unit to be good luck? As in feng shui? I am not chinese btw. :)

heh my mom was jus complaining, at 6pm, the sun shine all the way thru to my main door while my kitchen get no light at all.

she was like you can hang all your clothes in your living room, easier to dry than hanging out of the kitchen window...

i guess it depend the how much of sunlight we are talking about? not when the whole unit feel like an oven at night after absorbing the whole day of sun :)

Anyway just curious, any of you guys believe in sun shining into ur unit to be good luck? As in feng shui? I am not chinese btw. :)

mm.. me.. to a certain extend.. in the sense.. i dun tink it is bringing good luck.. but when there is totally no sun shining in.. i'd feel uneasy.. i'm using black curtains thou.. i'd tie them up during the day when we are at home.. to let the natural lights to shine in.. direct sun light only shine into our rooms for only less than a feet.. most sun receiving in the morning at the kitchen windows.. so not much of a heat prob for us..

solar film - i heard that when we switch on our lights at night, ppl can see our shadows from outside... so i'm actually gonna buy those frosted window films instead

Edited by OnePostWonder

solar film - i heard that when we switch on our lights at night, ppl can see our shadows from outside... so i'm actually gonna buy those frosted window films instead

I did the frost window film for my kitchen window last wkend...not too easy to be bubble-proof, but it does the trick of not able to see thru my kitchen window.

or else anybody can see my living room all the way thru the kitchen window

I did the frost window film for my kitchen window last wkend...not too easy to be bubble-proof, but it does the trick of not able to see thru my kitchen window.

or else anybody can see my living room all the way thru the kitchen window

i'll be engaging my curtain guy to do my windows... afraid of creating bubbles if i do them on my own

i'll be engaging my curtain guy to do my windows... afraid of creating bubbles if i do them on my own

Yah, not tat easy, but i think its still acceptable...have alrdy bought extra frost film.

will re-do when more free bah...