Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

i've attended weddings at intercon and GCW. can i give my views? :rofl:

comparing both as a guest, i would tink that intercon is nicer. the ballroom is grand, decor is nice.

as for GCW, many ppl like the garden stage but i tink otherwise

coz my couple frens stood on the stage with the garden at the background and i cant really see them!! they seemed to minimize in front of the garden... the focus is not really on them anymore... as a bride, i would like all attention to be on me. otherwise i wont bother to doll up rite? :)

food wise, both are quite ok. not much to comment :)

if pricing is not a prob, why dun u go fullerton and take a look? ;)

heard that there's stairs for the couple to march down... certainly very grand! but the food portion is pathetic i heard...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Phantom there is still a lot of time...i dun think u r kancheong.

mine is only less den 5 mths away..but everytime i asked hb when to sit down to discuss the tasks to be done.

his answer always the same from last year until last week:

1. me too kancheong

2. tired

3. busy with work/studies (plus other more fun stuffs to do like watch movies, tv, gaming etc)

4. STILL too early

5. will ask his mother what r the stuffs to do (reminded him for almost half year liao..today he still haven't asked) B4 we start.

me pek chek n so sianz. even thou i told him i have other stuffs to do that is why i cannot afford to be so last min like him. somemore he admit that he will be very busy for the last few months to the wedding so he cannot help out much. but now when i asked him can we do the neccessary stuff early since he already say he will be busy he still procastinate n procastinate. n this wedding is supposed to be for his relatives since my guest took up less then 5% of the entire ballroom. :(

at least u took the initative lar..

diva, your AD will be end of this year lor? :notti: wow... :D

most men are lazy bum, manz! :good:

ya lor..korean u r a xin fu ni ren..your hb bascially takes care of everything.

mine har..must remind n remind in the end i ended up do everything myself lor. :(

huh? :o who say my hb takes care of everything? :notti: all the appt regarding about our AD i must record them down on my calendar then when the appt comes and i must remind him 1 day in advance. then he'll drive me to the appt. :D

recently, we just met up with the florist to discuss about the theme for our AD. :good: we went to the BS to try the first and second fittings liao. :D

korea what will be the theme for your AD? N how many mths to your AD? me kan choeng liao now ..*hahah* :(

erm, the theme is something grand and elegant. with lots of crystals! :D my AD is still not so soon. slightly later a bit than yours. :notti:

what's your theme or what theme you've in mind? which hotel? basically, my hb wants me to decide everything b'cos he doesn't know how to choose and decorate. :good:

oh..ours will be at the novotel. we will be using crystals theme. btw is the florist from the hotel or u have engaged an additional florist for the hotel deco?

oh, you'll be using crystals too! haha! great minds think alike! :good:

oh, the florist is provided by swissotel the stamford. the florist is included in the wedding package. we've 2 florists to choose from! :notti: what about yours? :D

you've to engage an additional florist for the hotel deco? :(

i've attended weddings at intercon and GCW. can i give my views? :P

comparing both as a guest, i would tink that intercon is nicer. the ballroom is grand, decor is nice.

as for GCW, many ppl like the garden stage but i tink otherwise

coz my couple frens stood on the stage with the garden at the background and i cant really see them!! they seemed to minimize in front of the garden... the focus is not really on them anymore... as a bride, i would like all attention to be on me. otherwise i wont bother to doll up rite? :P

food wise, both are quite ok. not much to comment :P

if pricing is not a prob, why dun u go fullerton and take a look? :P

heard that there's stairs for the couple to march down... certainly very grand! but the food portion is pathetic i heard...

hi fifi, please give your views lol.. don't worry.. its all abt sharing..

I also think that the intercon is nicer.. but the auspicous pricing could even price it more than shang ri la..

fullerton i've been there.. the food is served single person and we don't like that.. esp my grandmother in law..

furthermore.. i don't think that the stairs to march down are anything to shout abt lor...

Phantom there is still a lot of time...i dun think u r kancheong.

mine is only less den 5 mths away..but everytime i asked hb when to sit down to discuss the tasks to be done.

his answer always the same from last year until last week:

1. me too kancheong

2. tired

3. busy with work/studies (plus other more fun stuffs to do like watch movies, tv, gaming etc)

4. STILL too early

5. will ask his mother what r the stuffs to do (reminded him for almost half year liao..today he still haven't asked) B4 we start.

me pek chek n so sianz. even thou i told him i have other stuffs to do that is why i cannot afford to be so last min like him. somemore he admit that he will be very busy for the last few months to the wedding so he cannot help out much. but now when i asked him can we do the neccessary stuff early since he already say he will be busy he still procastinate n procastinate. n this wedding is supposed to be for his relatives since my guest took up less then 5% of the entire ballroom. !!

at least u took the initative lar..

Mrs Phantom's grandmother quite old liao.. so think think.. if scrimp and save also must put the wedding through... lol.. Mr Phantom just have to clock more OT and work harder at work.. no choice..

don't pekcek lah.. maybe... don't do the wedding lor? ha ha.. this wouldn't work if he is nonchalent abt it.. but if he wanna hold wedding one or his side of the family want.. then u got upper hand..

you guys since on this topic..

wedding pictures how ah?

bridal gown leh? heh heh...

should i look for a BS to handle everything?

or just MTM the gowns and find a studio independent to do the pictures???

Intercontinental

INCREASE PRICE from 868 to 888 +++ ...

wah lao eh..

Hey ya lah..my per table pricing on sunday is also 888+ leh....you looking at weekday har??

hi fifi, please give your views lol.. don't worry.. its all abt sharing..

I also think that the intercon is nicer.. but the auspicous pricing could even price it more than shang ri la..

fullerton i've been there.. the food is served single person and we don't like that.. esp my grandmother in law..

furthermore.. i don't think that the stairs to march down are anything to shout abt lor...

Mrs Phantom's grandmother quite old liao.. so think think.. if scrimp and save also must put the wedding through... lol.. Mr Phantom just have to clock more OT and work harder at work.. no choice..

don't pekcek lah.. maybe... don't do the wedding lor? ha ha.. this wouldn't work if he is nonchalent abt it.. but if he wanna hold wedding one or his side of the family want.. then u got upper hand..

you guys since on this topic..

wedding pictures how ah?

bridal gown leh? heh heh...

should i look for a BS to handle everything?

or just MTM the gowns and find a studio independent to do the pictures???

stairs to march down is quite dangerous esp when the wedding and evening gowns are so long, may easily fall down. moreover, on that evening is so nervous so may be careless too! :notti:

our PS and gowns are together from the BS in a package. !! we went to the fittings liao. :P

i am not sure about the florist portion..need to check with the hotel..

swissotel hotel is nice! :notti:

if you unsure about the florist then how you know what are the themes the hotel have??? you mentioned yours is crystal theme? :P novotel didn't let you all know everything clearly meh? the contract will state everything mah. :P

ya, swissotel the stamford is nice! :P

Hey ya lah..my per table pricing on sunday is also 888+ leh....you looking at weekday har??

no lah.. i got the previous quote.

i looking at friday.

now jialat already.. dun think i might do intercon.. got other concerns..

coz.. mrs phantom family side wants 8 tables..

so i already negative $8k ++

if they have say extra 10 tables.. and even if they pay for it.. but the ang paos.. the relatives give to Mrs Phantom side.. i also die...

i looking at friday.

if they have say extra 10 tables.. and even if they pay for it.. but the ang paos.. the relatives give to Mrs Phantom side.. i also die...

what did you mean by they pay for it? you mean your wife's side pay for the tables if they want extra? :P

for our case, my family side doesn't need to pay anything for the wedding. my hb will pay for everything, from BS to banquet. !!

what did you mean by they pay for it? you mean your wife's side pay for the tables if they want extra? :P

for our case, my family side doesn't need to pay anything for the wedding. my hb will pay for everything, from BS to banquet. !!

your husband rich mah.. lol..

so all ang paos go back to the both of you?

i thought the practice is

1) if husband and wife pay for everything.. ang pao go back to them.. then.. also must give a token dowry to the bride's family?

2) if not the bride's family ask for tables and the groom side will give.. this will be as good as dowry.

your husband rich mah.. lol..

so all ang paos go back to the both of you?

i thought the practice is

1) if husband and wife pay for everything.. ang pao go back to them.. then.. also must give a token dowry to the bride's family?

2) if not the bride's family ask for tables and the groom side will give.. this will be as good as dowry.

Hey what if bridegroom's family pay for part of the banquet then how??

The normal practice is say, bride's side request 10 tables. Then at the end of the dinner, the ang baos from the 10 tables go back to bride's family...means both of you will lugi 10 tables' money...but now modern days, it all depends on whether the bride's side demands to have the 10 tables ang baos given back to them or you both can take them all cos after all, both of you need the money more than they do...giving the money back to them is just a custom....must depends on how open bride's side parents are on this lor.....

i looking at friday.

Ya then limit the number of friends you invite lor....invite only close friends...we also like that...if not, invite those tom dick or harry, in the end they might not turn up also....then u stress yourself by having to re-arrange the seatings again....i prefer to be surrounded by close friends and family on my big day...and not some ah cat ah dog that i haven't seen in years..i duno want to go..."ehh who are you" on my big day leh.. !!

Hey what if bridegroom's family pay for part of the banquet then how??

The normal practice is say, bride's side request 10 tables. Then at the end of the dinner, the ang baos from the 10 tables go back to bride's family...means both of you will lugi 10 tables' money...but now modern days, it all depends on whether the bride's side demands to have the 10 tables ang baos given back to them or you both can take them all cos after all, both of you need the money more than they do...giving the money back to them is just a custom....must depends on how open bride's side parents are on this lor.....

Ya then limit the number of friends you invite lor....invite only close friends...we also like that...if not, invite those tom dick or harry, in the end they might not turn up also....then u stress yourself by having to re-arrange the seatings again....i prefer to be surrounded by close friends and family on my big day...and not some ah cat ah dog that i haven't seen in years..i duno want to go..."ehh who are you" on my big day leh.. !!

i dunno leh.. they very very traditional one leh.. then all the aunties all advise this advise that.. i think think.. also scare to talk to them sometimes.. like want an arm or leg from me...

i already very limit..

limit until the min tables to invite.. lol..

i dunno leh.. they very very traditional one leh.. then all the aunties all advise this advise that.. i think think.. also scare to talk to them sometimes.. like want an arm or leg from me...

i already very limit..

limit until the min tables to invite.. lol..

oh then good luck to you...heh heh !!

then you might want to consider other hotels lor...frankly speaking, novotel quite good..i went there to view the ballroom before and was quite impressed...the ballroom is pillarless and high ceiling, the entire floor is yours too so the exclusivity factor is there, dun have to worry about confusion..the package isn't that ex too and if I rem correctly, their prices are nett prices, which means no GST..and you have 4 kinds of menu to chose from..prices vary from 600+ to 800+....quite reasonable..food is prepared by dragon phoenix restaurant...i think they can hold up to 40 tables....fits your requirements no?? But I'm talking abt 2007 pricing.....they might have revised the pricing for 2008 but still, worth considering...