Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

the colour of the flowers goes with the theme.. if purposely change something different that does not much the theme, then no point.

I am talking abt hand bouquet, cosages, car deco from BS.. nothing to do with hotel..

I will be choosing Love Theme.. this is the picture of the layout.. I find it have a grand feeling..

Love03.jpg

i see. it's nice but a bit plain. simple is beautiful! haha. :D

i remember the sales manager said something about we can discuss the table flowers arrangements with the florist provided by the hotel. As for the theme, we can choose between the floral or the crystal theme.

i see. we'll have something like this theme. :D

stamfordsglitzyaffairsvgk2.jpg

STS will assign us a personal wedding concierge who'll assist us throughout our wedding. once we reach the hotel and the wedding concierge will be there waiting for us. beside having a wedding concierge and our wedding co-ordinator will also be around. the purpose of providing us a wedding concierge is b'cos in case our wedding co-ordinator is busy seeing through other areas at our wedding then the wedding concierge can assist us immediately. :~

Edited by korea

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i see. we'll have something like this theme. :)

STS will assign us a personal wedding concierge who'll assist us throughout our wedding. once we reach the hotel and the wedding concierge will be there waiting for us. beside having a wedding concierge and our wedding co-ordinator will also be around. the purpose of providing us a wedding concierge is b'cos in case our wedding co-ordinator is busy seeing through other areas at our wedding then the wedding concierge can assist us immediately. :bleah:

Sorry, but dont like your theme.. yellow lights.. my friend's one blue lights, i also don't like.. :D

hi fifi, please give your views lol.. don't worry.. its all abt sharing..

I also think that the intercon is nicer.. but the auspicous pricing could even price it more than shang ri la..

fullerton i've been there.. the food is served single person and we don't like that.. esp my grandmother in law..

furthermore.. i don't think that the stairs to march down are anything to shout abt lor...

you guys since on this topic..

wedding pictures how ah?

bridal gown leh? heh heh...

should i look for a BS to handle everything?

or just MTM the gowns and find a studio independent to do the pictures???

oh... coz a colleague of mine held his there and my colleagues were like "wah" when they saw the stairs march down... i wasnt there coz i was at another wedding :P

if u wan hassle free, then u can look for BS to handle everything. they will call u when the time comes to do certain stuff. if u wan DIY, then u might have to spend more time on it...

prob ask Mrs Phantom abt her opinions on this?

if u go to flamingo or amanda lee etc (this range of BS), normally they will tie up with another independent studio for photoshoot... other normal range BS will be inhouse photoshoot...

stairs to march down is quite dangerous esp when the wedding and evening gowns are so long, may easily fall down. moreover, on that evening is so nervous so may be careless too! :(

korea, u made me laugh on this :lol:

i din even thot of that!!!

about the ang baos and the dowry part, this is what we did...

my MIL gave my parents 10 tables and supposedly this 10 tables my PIL pay for it

both hubby and I intend to fork out the money for the entire wedding banquet

both sides parents did not keep any ang baos since we're paying it ourselves

ended up, the ang baos we collected that night is slightly more than enuff to pay off the entire banquet... FIL gave my parents another $10k supposedly for the 10 tables. but my parents dun wan it and gave to us so both hubby and I gave it back to PIL. they din wan to accept it so hubby open an account in the bank for this sum of money (his and his mum's name - i suggested one :P) so that when the bro or sis needs money next time, his parents can just get it from there :P

i see. it's nice but a bit plain. simple is beautiful! haha. :sport-smiley-004:

i see. we'll have something like this theme. !!

STS will assign us a personal wedding concierge who'll assist us throughout our wedding. once we reach the hotel and the wedding concierge will be there waiting for us. beside having a wedding concierge and our wedding co-ordinator will also be around. the purpose of providing us a wedding concierge is b'cos in case our wedding co-ordinator is busy seeing through other areas at our wedding then the wedding concierge can assist us immediately. :lol:

the photo xinyi posted looks very cosy!! the photos korea posted looks glam glam!

both are nice nice!

korea's hubby rich sia... pay for everything..

I don't have such good life.. everything got to share with my hubby.. ;)

Sometime I abit regret on signing up with oriental.. I scare lugi too much, both of us cannot tahan.. this is called 'Ai sui mai mia'. Nice things always need more money. :(

now got to save and save lor.. cut cost in other things like bridal package.. I took up OTR package (my coordinator assured me OTR is good enough :P) Save on PG and VG.. save on florist (becoz my mum is a florist, can leech on her.. hahaha.. :P)

Oriental is considered 5 stars?

i strike off 5 stars hotel from my list coz budget constraint :P

no lah.. i got the previous quote.

i looking at friday.

now jialat already.. dun think i might do intercon.. got other concerns..

coz.. mrs phantom family side wants 8 tables..

so i already negative $8k ++

if they have say extra 10 tables.. and even if they pay for it.. but the ang paos.. the relatives give to Mrs Phantom side.. i also die...

Wah, each table is $1k+? Don't take so ex one lor...what to do?

Sometimes very hard to raise such issues leh - my wifey's family ask for 10 tables because last time her sister's wedding also 10 tables. Reasoning was if eldest daughter wedding got invite these 100 guests, the youngest daughter must invite mah. But they never think their eldest son-in-law stays in landed property whereas this youngest son-in-law (me!!) here is staying in HDB flat one lor...

As for the angbaos, even harder to get back. All the 10 tables will be their relatives, so they will naturally give the angbaos to my wifey's parents, which is the relatives blessing to the parents. So how to expect my wifey's parents to give me back the angbaos?

Sometimes got to be prepared for this lor, I lost $8K+ altogether, only breakeven for my own tables. But by now the pain is gone liao and still got good memories. If we were to ask for angbaos or for the parents to pay for the tables, sure got big issues one, then wedding will not be happy liao. Most impt is to be happy lah, money is a side issue, bite your teeth and earn back next time... :sport-smiley-004:

the colour of the flowers goes with the theme.. if purposely change something different that does not much the theme, then no point.

I am talking abt hand bouquet, cosages, car deco from BS.. nothing to do with hotel..

I will be choosing Love Theme.. this is the picture of the layout.. I find it have a grand feeling..

Love03.jpg

I like your theme!! Very cozy and elegant....my theme will be something like too...had wanted a black red gold theme but decided not to in the end cos too black le and i don't want my parents and in-laws to faint when they go into the ballroom hehe....

ya hor. air, i checked the contract and really GST 7%! !! !!

But the good thing now is that there will be no more 1% cess charge, otherwise it's 18% ok... :sport-smiley-004:

I like your theme!! Very cozy and elegant....my theme will be something like too...had wanted a black red gold theme but decided not to in the end cos too black le and i don't want my parents and in-laws to faint when they go into the ballroom hehe....

But the good thing now is that there will be no more 1% cess charge, otherwise it's 18% ok... :jawdrop:

dun seem right. prev shld be 16.655% and now is 17%.

i strike off 5 stars hotel from my list coz budget constraint :good:

Oriental is more exp than Swissotel..

i strike off 5 stars hotel from my list coz budget constraint :dancingqueen:

ya.. oriental is 5-star hotel.

I also very scare that I will lose alot.. Haiz.. my hubby keep saying don't worry too much.. but the thing is.. mostly are his relatives.. :good:

Thanks.. oriental's black theme also very black... black and silver.. really feel like going for funeral.. :dancingqueen:

korea's hubby rich sia... pay for everything..

I don't have such good life.. everything got to share with my hubby.. ;)

Sometime I abit regret on signing up with oriental.. I scare lugi too much, both of us cannot tahan.. this is called 'Ai sui mai mia'. Nice things always need more money. :(

now got to save and save lor.. cut cost in other things like bridal package.. I took up OTR package (my coordinator assured me OTR is good enough :P) Save on PG and VG.. save on florist (becoz my mum is a florist, can leech on her.. hahaha.. :P)

xinyi.. florist can look for you? give good price hor?.. hee hee..

oh yah.. we also quite poor.. still paying off for so many things.. sigh....

frankly speaking, the diamond ring he bought for me can hold a wedding banquet liao. :dancingqueen:

wah kaoz.. still say not rich? 8|

Not sure.. should be white roses...

I told my coordinator that I dont want hand bouquets, car deco and cosages.. can exchange for 3 PS photos.. why not.. i doubt those flowers cost that much.. ;) Then save on PS photos, try to stop myself from topping up extra.. ;)

absolutely right.

the bs all bloodsuckers one.. actually i heard from a friend that typically the photo negatives are given to the bs by the photographer .. and they hold back from us to make more $ 8|

Love03.jpg

xinyi .. i like..

very victorian..

you should get those lace type gown.. high neck type.. look lagi more victorian.. hee hee hee :notti:

i see. it's nice but a bit plain. simple is beautiful! haha. :dancingqueen:

i see. we'll have something like this theme. :P

STS will assign us a personal wedding concierge who'll assist us throughout our wedding. once we reach the hotel and the wedding concierge will be there waiting for us. beside having a wedding concierge and our wedding co-ordinator will also be around. the purpose of providing us a wedding concierge is b'cos in case our wedding co-ordinator is busy seeing through other areas at our wedding then the wedding concierge can assist us immediately. :yamseng:

very yellow.. is it the lights? ... gives a very warm feeling.. elegant..

thats nice.. at least they really take care of you...

oh... coz a colleague of mine held his there and my colleagues were like "wah" when they saw the stairs march down... i wasnt there coz i was at another wedding :P

you ah.. anyhow "my friend say"... i still thought u went there..

i did go there for a wedding.. i dun like the food... western style of presentation and eating..

i prefer.. "everyone dig in" type...

if u wan hassle free, then u can look for BS to handle everything. they will call u when the time comes to do certain stuff. if u wan DIY, then u might have to spend more time on it...

prob ask Mrs Phantom abt her opinions on this?

if u go to flamingo or amanda lee etc (this range of BS), normally they will tie up with another independent studio for photoshoot... other normal range BS will be inhouse photoshoot...

We will settle the banquet first then decide on the Bs or what lah...

eh.. amanda lee not cheap lor..

about the ang baos and the dowry part, this is what we did...

my MIL gave my parents 10 tables and supposedly this 10 tables my PIL pay for it

both hubby and I intend to fork out the money for the entire wedding banquet

both sides parents did not keep any ang baos since we're paying it ourselves

ended up, the ang baos we collected that night is slightly more than enuff to pay off the entire banquet... FIL gave my parents another $10k supposedly for the 10 tables. but my parents dun wan it and gave to us so both hubby and I gave it back to PIL. they din wan to accept it so hubby open an account in the bank for this sum of money (his and his mum's name - i suggested one :P) so that when the bro or sis needs money next time, his parents can just get it from there :P

wah seh.. your parents in law pay ah??

for the last 7years since i start working.. never get subsidy from parents leh.. lol...

i strike off 5 stars hotel from my list coz budget constraint :P

8| Oriental ***** ... very high class leh... not cheap ...

Wah, each table is $1k+? Don't take so ex one lor...what to do?

Sometimes very hard to raise such issues leh - my wifey's family ask for 10 tables because last time her sister's wedding also 10 tables. Reasoning was if eldest daughter wedding got invite these 100 guests, the youngest daughter must invite mah. But they never think their eldest son-in-law stays in landed property whereas this youngest son-in-law (me!!) here is staying in HDB flat one lor...

As for the angbaos, even harder to get back. All the 10 tables will be their relatives, so they will naturally give the angbaos to my wifey's parents, which is the relatives blessing to the parents. So how to expect my wifey's parents to give me back the angbaos?

Sometimes got to be prepared for this lor, I lost $8K+ altogether, only breakeven for my own tables. But by now the pain is gone liao and still got good memories. If we were to ask for angbaos or for the parents to pay for the tables, sure got big issues one, then wedding will not be happy liao. Most impt is to be happy lah, money is a side issue, bite your teeth and earn back next time... :yamseng:

lol... yeah.. brother.. u understand my pain.. lol.. i mean if i'm raking in 100k per annum pay package then no problem lah.. but.. no leh.. haven't hit that target yet.. hopefully next 1year i can do that..

work harder.. more sales.. ha ha ha...

mrs phantom is 1st grandchild who is daughter of my grandmother in law's only son (pass away liao) to get married.. so i naturally understand old ppl wanna hold nice and big affair..

bite bullet and go..

dun seem right. prev shld be 16.655% and now is 17%.

its 10% (service or goverment tax?) + 1% cess + 5% GST mah

then now its 10% + 7% GST..

cess is removed..

that wass announced in the budget mah.

ya.. oriental is 5-star hotel.

I also very scare that I will lose alot.. Haiz.. my hubby keep saying don't worry too much.. but the thing is.. mostly are his relatives.. :(

Thanks.. oriental's black theme also very black... black and silver.. really feel like going for funeral.. :good:

wahahah...

i'm like you.. mrs phantom like your hubby..

my side more friends.. her side more relatives..

we like black theme leh... lol.. dun like that... :dunno:

lol... yeah.. brother.. u understand my pain.. lol.. i mean if i'm raking in 100k per annum pay package then no problem lah.. but.. no leh.. haven't hit that target yet.. hopefully next 1year i can do that..

work harder.. more sales.. ha ha ha...

mrs phantom is 1st grandchild who is daughter of my grandmother in law's only son (pass away liao) to get married.. so i naturally understand old ppl wanna hold nice and big affair..

bite bullet and go..

Aiyo, such long post - really hate this feature in renotalk, if post with a few mins they will all lump into one post.

Anyway, why you need to go for those hotel at $1k per table? If you like that those $800+ per table, then your damage for 8 tables to your MIL will be $6400 mah.

My advice is no need to go for so ex one lor, unless you really got deep pockets - nowadays everything also increase price, the average angbao is still +/- $80 only. If you want to cover for $1k/table, make sure you got more people who will give you $120 and above.

Aiyo, such long post - really hate this feature in renotalk, if post with a few mins they will all lump into one post.

Anyway, why you need to go for those hotel at $1k per table? If you like that those $800+ per table, then your damage for 8 tables to your MIL will be $6400 mah.

My advice is no need to go for so ex one lor, unless you really got deep pockets - nowadays everything also increase price, the average angbao is still +/- $80 only. If you want to cover for $1k/table, make sure you got more people who will give you $120 and above.

ha ha ha.. paiseh lah.. but i post and they keep lumping together.. lol...

its not that i NEED to look at 1k per tables.. but its just that the ones we want are priced slightly more nowadays.. we could be looking at goodwood.. which is abt 788+++ i think..

we actually prefer to fit a budget below 1k... but then we'll see how.. nowadays hotels are getting VERY expensive.. thats all i can say..

xinyi.. florist can look for you? give good price hor?.. hee hee..

Haha.. can lah.. but don't chase me with chopper if does not meet your standards.. :good:

oh yah.. we also quite poor.. still paying off for so many things.. sigh....

wah kaoz.. still say not rich? :yamseng:

Me and hubby also.. already cut down on reno... becoz we paid a high price for our flat.. now is almost empty.. have to start saving up again.. :notti: This is the price to pay for having a nice wedding..

absolutely right.

the bs all bloodsuckers one.. actually i heard from a friend that typically the photo negatives are given to the bs by the photographer .. and they hold back from us to make more $ :yamseng:

Ya lor.. my ex-colleague manage to stop her own temptations on photos.. and selected what is given in the BS package. Hopefully, I can also do that...

xinyi .. i like..

very victorian..

you should get those lace type gown.. high neck type.. look lagi more victorian.. hee hee hee :dancingqueen:

:dunno: Oriental ***** ... very high class leh... not cheap ...

we like black theme leh... lol.. dun like that... :dancingqueen:

Thanks.. Have not gone for gown fitting yet... see what my BS can provide me...

But oriental perks quite good ah.. no corkage charge for wines.. free flow beer.. manage to fight for a helper room..

don't forget wines also need $$.. got to play around with this.. get cheap wines..

Haiz.. headache lor.. actually my target is $6k of loss... ;)

I like Grand Hyatt black theme.. black and gold.. nice! :P

i'm like you.. mrs phantom like your hubby..

my side more friends.. her side more relatives..

I will try to invite more friend and colleagues, to help to cover some costs... Most of my relatives in malaysia.. My mum told them no need to come.. too troublesome.. got to arrange their stay lah.. later angbao too little... lugi until siao.. we rather go over to malaysia to just treat them 3-4 tables.. at least their side everything is cheaper..

ha ha ha.. paiseh lah.. but i post and they keep lumping together.. lol...

its not that i NEED to look at 1k per tables.. but its just that the ones we want are priced slightly more nowadays.. we could be looking at goodwood.. which is abt 788+++ i think..

we actually prefer to fit a budget below 1k... but then we'll see how.. nowadays hotels are getting VERY expensive.. thats all i can say..

if you realise... usually higher end hotels have nicer ballrooms with nicer decorations... that's y attract us so much.. who dont want to have a nice wedding rite..

Edited by xinyi_reiko

Haha.. can lah.. but don't chase me with chopper if does not meet your standards.. :dancingqueen:

Me and hubby also.. already cut down on reno... becoz we paid a high price for our flat.. now is almost empty.. have to start saving up again.. :P This is the price to pay for having a nice wedding..

Ya lor.. my ex-colleague manage to stop her own temptations on photos.. and selected what is given in the BS package. Hopefully, I can also do that...

Thanks.. Have not gone for gown fitting yet... see what my BS can provide me...

aiyah.. don't worry.. i see pictures first.. lol.. nice then i "order" :dancingqueen:

how much you paid for your flat? me and my wife young couple.. so no money also.. sigh.. everytime got bonuses.. used to pay off this.. pay off that...

You using which BS.. please share your BS package..

But oriental perks quite good ah.. no corkage charge for wines.. free flow beer.. manage to fight for a helper room..

yah lor.. not bad leh.. but then.. oriental is pricey leh.. +++ more than 1k liao.. so they should give a helper room and corkage wave for wines..

don't forget wines also need $$.. got to play around with this.. get cheap wines..

aiyah.. wines are cheap.. its only how many you wanna get..

Haiz.. headache lor.. actually my target is $6k of loss... :yamseng:

don't think first.. this one my wife tell me one.. cannot estimate one..

I like Grand Hyatt black theme.. black and gold.. nice! :good:

I will try to invite more friend and colleagues, to help to cover some costs... Most of my relatives in malaysia.. My mum told them no need to come.. too troublesome.. got to arrange their stay lah.. later angbao too little... lugi until siao.. we rather go over to malaysia to just treat them 3-4 tables.. at least their side everything is cheaper..

my relatives malaysia.. i'm not inviting also.. lol.. maybe go malaysia and hold..

same same..

Wah lau eh...phantom, your post really very da long :dancingqueen:

Me and my hubby very broke now also....xin xin ku ku save up the money now kena sucked dry already....no choice...we budget constraint still want nice nice wedding....but once in a lifetime mah...how many times can u hold this?? So trying to save on shopping now....haven't gone for shopping spree for very long liao ....I'm also trying to psycho myself not to top up any more photos for my photoshoot.....actually the trick is to negotiate for more photos before you sign the bridal package so that you don't have to top up too much

Sorry, but dont like your theme.. yellow lights.. my friend's one blue lights, i also don't like.. :yamseng:

:P you don't have to like my theme b'cos different people have different taste. i also may not like your theme if i were to see the real thing b'cos too plain liao. maybe taste is different. btw, the lights can be adjusted. swissotel the stamford has so called "smart lighting" in the ballroom so you can choose. :dancingqueen:

Oriental is more exp than Swissotel..

i don't know whether more ex a not b'cos i didn't even look at oriental wedding packages! haha! :yamseng: my hb doesn't like oriental lor. my hb's brother's wedding was held at oriental many years ago so hb wants something different. :dancingqueen: swissotel the stamford has increased the prices so i'm unsure how much now. :good: