Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

oh then good luck to you...heh heh :P

then you might want to consider other hotels lor...frankly speaking, novotel quite good..i went there to view the ballroom before and was quite impressed...the ballroom is pillarless and high ceiling, the entire floor is yours too so the exclusivity factor is there, dun have to worry about confusion..the package isn't that ex too and if I rem correctly, their prices are nett prices, which means no GST..and you have 4 kinds of menu to chose from..prices vary from 600+ to 800+....quite reasonable..food is prepared by dragon phoenix restaurant...i think they can hold up to 40 tables....fits your requirements no?? But I'm talking abt 2007 pricing.....they might have revised the pricing for 2008 but still, worth considering...

don't like novotel.. lol.. now its really intercon and GCW fighting neck to neck.. lol...

if Mrs phantom can magic up deal with them.. then we'll go for intercon.. if not.. GCW..

we LURVE the black Opulent Desire theme.... !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
your husband rich mah.. lol..

so all ang paos go back to the both of you?

i thought the practice is

1) if husband and wife pay for everything.. ang pao go back to them.. then.. also must give a token dowry to the bride's family?

2) if not the bride's family ask for tables and the groom side will give.. this will be as good as dowry.

my hb will pay for everything in the wedding (BS to banquet) but he'll give my family's side about 10 tables or more. the ang bao i also don't know how b'cos i don't think my mum also want the ang bao $$$. she isn't selling daughter so doesn't want the ang bao $$$. :dancingqueen:

Edited by korea

don't like novotel.. lol.. now its really intercon and GCW fighting neck to neck.. lol...

if Mrs phantom can magic up deal with them.. then we'll go for intercon.. if not.. GCW..

we LURVE the black Opulent Desire theme.... :thumbs up:

Haha hey I love that theme too....thought it's something differnet from the usual white white weddings but I went to view the wedding set-up using this theme on a weekend and found that the tables are really too black lah...it will be nice if the chair covers are in gold or red....but chair covers also black..makes the whole ballroom look weird lor...the stage background will be in red too so if you wife is wearing red evenign gown, she will totally blend into the background...wait take photos cannot see her ok...i'm speaking for myself too cos my EG is red also...muahaha...so in the end, i decided to change my theme...haha...going to view more wedding with different themes again....might be getting the charming elegance theme....love the simplicity.... :dancingqueen:

intercon is pretty strict on perks though....we tried negotiating for more freebies but they were quite firm on that....even negotiate for more car park passes also difficult cos they said they sharing carpark with bugis junction...the coordinator also told us that if your wedding is on a sat, it will be difficult to find parking lor...but since yours is on a weekday i dun think shd hv any problem...

now that you have shortlisted, it shd be easier for you already...

Edited by Air

oh then good luck to you...heh heh :dribble:

then you might want to consider other hotels lor...frankly speaking, novotel quite good..i went there to view the ballroom before and was quite impressed...the ballroom is pillarless and high ceiling, the entire floor is yours too so the exclusivity factor is there, dun have to worry about confusion..the package isn't that ex too and if I rem correctly, their prices are nett prices, which means no GST..and you have 4 kinds of menu to chose from..prices vary from 600+ to 800+....quite reasonable..food is prepared by dragon phoenix restaurant...i think they can hold up to 40 tables....fits your requirements no?? But I'm talking abt 2007 pricing.....they might have revised the pricing for 2008 but still, worth considering...

btw, where is novotel? we ever stayed at KL novotel hotel. hehe. but novotel isn't the venue we want to hold our wedding. :rofl:

Haha hey I love that theme too....thought it's something differnet from the usual white white weddings but I went to view the wedding set-up using this theme on a weekend and found that the tables are really too black lah...it will be nice if the chair covers are in gold or red....but chair covers also black..makes the whole ballroom look weird lor...the stage background will be in red too so if you wife is wearing red evenign gown, she will totally blend into the background...wait take photos cannot see her ok...i'm speaking for myself too cos my EG is red also...muahaha...so in the end, i decided to change my theme...haha...going to view more wedding with different themes again....might be getting the charming elegance theme....love the simplicity.... :dancingqueen:

intercon is pretty strict on perks though....we tried negotiating for more freebies but they were quite firm on that....even negotiate for more car park passes also difficult cos they said they sharing carpark with bugis junction...the coordinator also told us that if your wedding is on a sat, it will be difficult to find parking lor...but since yours is on a weekday i dun think shd hv any problem...

nowadays, many hotels have black and red theme. swissotel the stamford also has black and red theme but we didn't choose due to the black color where chinese tradition doesn't like it. :bleah: STS also very strict on perks. haiz, no means no lor. :thumbs up:

since intercon and GCW are your shortlisted hotels then go for intercon lor. location wise is better than GCW. :rofl:

don't forget the GST increased! the price will be affected. luckily, we booked early this year liao where the GST is still 5%. haha. :dunno:

btw, where is novotel? we ever stayed at KL novotel hotel. hehe. but novotel isn't the venue we want to hold our wedding. :bleah:

nowadays, many hotels have black and red theme. swissotel the stamford also has black and red theme but we didn't choose due to the black color where chinese tradition doesn't like it. :dunno: STS also very strict on perks. haiz, no means no lor. :thumbs up:

since intercon and GCW are your shortlisted hotels then go for intercon lor. location wise is better than GCW. :rofl:

don't forget the GST increased! the price will be affected. luckily, we booked early this year liao where the GST is still 5%. haha. :dribble:

Ehh korea...your eventual pricing the GST is also 7% one lah...contract surely state "prevailing government tax" leh....u think they will charge you at 5% meh?:dancingqueen:

my hb will pay for everything in the wedding (BS to banquet) but he'll give my family's side about 10 tables or more. the ang bao i also don't know how b'cos i don't think my mum also doesn't want the ang bao $$$. she isn't selling daughter so doesn't want the ang bao $$$. :dancingqueen:

wah seh.. ur hubby rich leh..

he do what one ah?

lol

Haha hey I love that theme too....thought it's something differnet from the usual white white weddings but I went to view the wedding set-up using this theme on a weekend and found that the tables are really too black lah...it will be nice if the chair covers are in gold or red....but chair covers also black..makes the whole ballroom look weird lor...the stage background will be in red too so if you wife is wearing red evenign gown, she will totally blend into the background...wait take photos cannot see her ok...i'm speaking for myself too cos my EG is red also...muahaha...so in the end, i decided to change my theme...haha...going to view more wedding with different themes again....might be getting the charming elegance theme....love the simplicity.... :thumbs up:

lol.. yeah great minds think alike.. the whole hotel is also very nice.. really paying for the ambience..

mines is considered weekend pricing... friday mah.. or sunday..

crazy for parking also lah..

btw, where is novotel? we ever stayed at KL novotel hotel. hehe. but novotel isn't the venue we want to hold our wedding. :rofl:

nowadays, many hotels have black and red theme. swissotel the stamford also has black and red theme but we didn't choose due to the black color where chinese tradition doesn't like it. :bleah: STS also very strict on perks. haiz, no means no lor. :dribble:

don't forget the GST increased! the price will be affected. luckily, we booked early this year liao where the GST is still 5%. haha. :dunno:

lol.. we'll see how lah.. yeah.. now the prices are all + 17%

crazy..

Ehh korea...your eventual pricing the GST is also 7% one lah...contract surely state "prevailing government tax" leh....u think they will charge you at 5% meh?:dunno:

is it?! :rofl: i didn't read then signed liao. :thumbs up: probably, it's GST 7%. :lol: anyway, signed liao then forget it liao lah. haha. :bleah:

wah seh.. ur hubby rich leh..

he do what one ah?

lol

lol.. yeah great minds think alike.. the whole hotel is also very nice.. really paying for the ambience..

mines is considered weekend pricing... friday mah.. or sunday..

crazy for parking also lah..

lol.. we'll see how lah.. yeah.. now the prices are all + 17%

crazy..

huh? give 10 tables or more to my family's side is rich meh? :dribble:

until now, my hb didn't ask my mum and me to pay anything leh. he even asked my mum wants to do cheongsam a not and he pays for her. :dancingqueen:

ya hor. air, i checked the contract and really GST 7%! :rofl::good:

korea's hubby rich sia... pay for everything..

I don't have such good life.. everything got to share with my hubby.. :dancingqueen:

Sometime I abit regret on signing up with oriental.. I scare lugi too much, both of us cannot tahan.. this is called 'Ai sui mai mia'. Nice things always need more money. :dunno:

now got to save and save lor.. cut cost in other things like bridal package.. I took up OTR package (my coordinator assured me OTR is good enough :thumbs up:) Save on PG and VG.. save on florist (becoz my mum is a florist, can leech on her.. hahaha.. :dribble:)

korea's hubby rich sia... pay for everything..

I don't have such good life.. everything got to share with my hubby.. :dunno:

Sometime I abit regret on signing up with oriental.. I scare lugi too much, both of us cannot tahan.. this is called 'Ai sui mai mia'. Nice things always need more money. :rofl:

now got to save and save lor.. cut cost in other things like bridal package.. I took up OTR package (my coordinator assured me OTR is good enough :bleah:) Save on PG and VG.. save on florist (becoz my mum is a florist, can leech on her.. hahaha.. :rofl:)

no lah. my hb isn't rich. :good:

btw, how come your hotel didn't include florist into the wedding package?? this morning, diva also asked me this qns. swissotel the stamford has 2 florists for us to choose and the florist is included in the wedding package. the flower that provided is roses. i feel that roses are good enough. :dribble::thumbs up:

frankly speaking, the diamond ring he bought for me can hold a wedding banquet liao. :dancingqueen:

Edited by korea

no lah. my hb isn't rich. :rofl:

btw, how come your hotel didn't include florist into the wedding package?? this morning, diva also asked me this qns. swissotel the stamford has 2 florists for us to choose and the florist is included in the wedding package. the flower that provided is roses. i feel that roses are good enough. :bleah::dunno:

frankly speaking, the diamond ring he bought for me can hold a wedding banquet liao. :dancingqueen:

not rich meh?? :thumbs up:

Nothing to do with hotel.. my request to exchange all flower stuff inside my bridal package with photos. I can just get my flowers from my mum..

so trying to start your 20k ring story here?? :dribble::rofl:

not rich meh?? :dancingqueen:

Nothing to do with hotel.. my request to exchange all flower stuff inside my bridal package with photos. I can just get my flowers from my mum..

so trying to start your 20k ring story here?? :thumbs up::rofl:

of course, no lah. :dribble:

20k? no lah. about 30k! :rofl: ok, back to topic! :dunno:

so what flowers did your hotel provides? and what flowers you're going to change? :bleah:

Edited by korea

of course, no lah. :D

20k? no lah. about 30k! :( ok, back to topic! :D

so what flowers did your hotel provides? and what flowers you're going to change? :~

Not sure.. should be white roses...

I told my coordinator that I dont want hand bouquets, car deco and cosages.. can exchange for 3 PS photos.. why not.. i doubt those flowers cost that much.. :~ Then save on PS photos, try to stop myself from topping up extra.. ;)

Not sure.. should be white roses...

I told my coordinator that I dont want hand bouquets, car deco and cosages.. can exchange for 3 PS photos.. why not.. i doubt those flowers cost that much.. ;) Then save on PS photos, try to stop myself from topping up extra.. :(

you mean oriental provides white roses only?? we can choose other colors of roses beside white color. :~ co-ordinator? from the hotel or the BS? :D

i thought hand bouquet, cosages, car deco, photos are all done by BS and not hotel. hotel only provides florist to deco the ballroom mah. :~

btw, what the theme for your ballroom deco? ours is lots of crystals, want to look elegant and grand. :D

you mean oriental provides white roses only?? we can choose other colors of roses beside white color. :~ co-ordinator? from the hotel or the BS? :D

i thought hand bouquet, cosages, car deco, photos are all done by BS and not hotel. hotel only provides florist to deco the ballroom mah. :~

btw, what the theme for your ballroom deco? ours is lots of crystals, want to look elegant and grand. :D

the colour of the flowers goes with the theme.. if purposely change something different that does not much the theme, then no point.

I am talking abt hand bouquet, cosages, car deco from BS.. nothing to do with hotel..

I will be choosing Love Theme.. this is the picture of the layout.. I find it have a grand feeling..

Love03.jpg