Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

Wah lau eh...phantom, your post really very da long :dancingqueen:

Me and my hubby very broke now also....xin xin ku ku save up the money now kena sucked dry already....no choice...we budget constraint still want nice nice wedding....but once in a lifetime mah...how many times can u hold this?? So trying to save on shopping now....haven't gone for shopping spree for very long liao ....I'm also trying to psycho myself not to top up any more photos for my photoshoot.....actually the trick is to negotiate for more photos before you sign the bridal package so that you don't have to top up too much

don't like that lar. lol..

we all in the same boat lah...

and which bs you went? lol..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
very yellow.. is it the lights? ... gives a very warm feeling.. elegant..

thats nice.. at least they really take care of you...

i don't know whether it was the lighting a not b'cos i took it at a wedding show organised by mediacorp at swissotel the stamford. :P the lightings can be adjusted if you request. :good: the table centrepiece is a crystal deco. :dancingqueen:

ya, the personal wedding concierge provides by swissotel the stamford is a very nice thought from the hotel. the hotel makes the wedding couples feel impt. :dancingqueen:

aiyah.. don't worry.. i see pictures first.. lol.. nice then i "order" :dancingqueen:

Become super 'picky' when choosing photos.. hahaha... :good:

how much you paid for your flat? me and my wife young couple.. so no money also.. sigh.. everytime got bonuses.. used to pay off this.. pay off that...

We paid 265k + 20k cash.. resale.. my parents helps to fork out abit, becoz they wish that we stay in good location.. :dancingqueen: heng flat good condition.. reno becomes minimal..

You using which BS.. please share your BS package..

I sign up with Bridal Concept.. $3088 OTR package.. basic things are in like gowns and suits, 24 photos, photoshoot and makeup, flowers stuff (which can exchange 3 photos), 2 father jackets, bridal car (merc) with driver.. :yamseng:

yah lor.. not bad leh.. but then.. oriental is pricey leh.. +++ more than 1k liao.. so they should give a helper room and corkage wave for wines..

aiyah.. wines are cheap.. its only how many you wanna get..

I holding my wedding on a weekday. So is $788++, which is other hotels weekend package. Haiz..

We calculate if give 1 bottle wine per table with discounted corkage charge is bo hua as compared to no wines given but FOC corkage charge..

Force them to drink beer! Since is free flow.. hahaha.. :P

Become super 'picky' when choosing photos.. hahaha... :furious:

We paid 265k + 20k cash.. resale.. my parents helps to fork out abit, becoz they wish that we stay in good location.. :bangwall: heng flat good condition.. reno becomes minimal..

I sign up with Bridal Concept.. $3088 OTR package.. basic things are in like gowns and suits, 24 photos, photoshoot and makeup, flowers stuff (which can exchange 3 photos), 2 father jackets, bridal car (merc) with driver.. 8|

I holding my wedding on a weekday. So is $788++, which is other hotels weekend package. Haiz..

We calculate if give 1 bottle wine per table with discounted corkage charge is bo hua as compared to no wines given but FOC corkage charge..

Force them to drink beer! Since is free flow.. hahaha.. :D

at least, you still have your parents to help you with the house. we paid the house ($360K) and reno ($20k cash) ourselves b'cos our parents are old liao so we don't want to use their $$$ anymore. they should keep the $$$ for themselves. we should give them $$$ and not use their $$$ lor. this is what hb and i think lor. :)

your wedding is on weekday huh. how much after the ++? ours is on weekend. !!

at least, you still have your parents to help you with the house. we paid the house ($360K) and reno ($20k cash) ourselves b'cos our parents are old liao so we don't want to use their $$$ anymore. they should keep the $$$ for themselves. we should give them $$$ and not use their $$$ lor. this is what hb and i think lor. !!

your wedding is on weekday huh. how much after the ++? ours is on weekend. :bangwall:

you have rich hubby mah.. we don't have.. my hubby's family is poor..

anyway, we will repay back next time.. we just treat it as a loan..

900 plus ba.. i forgot the amt.. weekday or weekend does not matter.. is my wedding.. impt is us not other ppl..

you have rich hubby mah.. we don't have.. my hubby's family is poor..

anyway, we will repay back next time.. we just treat it as a loan..

900 plus ba.. i forgot the amt.. weekday or weekend does not matter.. is my wedding.. impt is us not other ppl..

even if hb and i are poor, we also try not to use our parents' $$$. we'll feel bad lor. it's our own matter so we must settle ourselves and we don't want to bother our parents. our parents had work hard for so many many years liao so it's time to let them enjoy life liao. !! from buying car, house, reno, wedding, BS etc we didn't ask our parents for a single help. :bangwall:

it's YOUR WEDDING! of course, most impt is you all must be happy with it mah. :D btw, yours is 8 course dinner menu (weekday), right? ours is 9 course dinner menu (weekend). we chosen the menu with shark fin soup and whole pieces of abalone. :furious: i saw some hotels only have shredded or sliced abalone so cannot really taste/eat the abalone. :)

swissotel is quite strict with the perks. they don't have free flow beer. they only give you about 20 litre of beer and if you need more beer than have to pay according to glasses. :( they only provide free flow of soft drink and chinese tea. they also provide free printing of the invitation cards. 8|

Edited by korea

wah, need to be so kancheong? ours is going to be end of Sep 2008, already verbally confirmed with RH, now waiting for their wedding show to be the first to place our deposit :furious:

wah, need to be so kancheong? ours is going to be end of Sep 2008, already verbally confirmed with RH, now waiting for their wedding show to be the first to place our deposit :jawdrop:

yours is still early. you can start to book around aug or sept. 1 year in advance! :furious:

swissotel doesn't allowed you to settle the full payment AFTER your wedding. you must settle the full payment A FEW DAYS BEFORE your wedding. which mean we've to fork out $$$ first lor. cannot count ang bao liao then settle. :bow: can settle in cash, cheque or credit cards. i think most probably we settle using cheque. :bow:

yours is still early. you can start to book around aug or sept. 1 year in advance! :furious:

swissotel doesn't allowed you to settle the full payment AFTER your wedding. you must settle the full payment A FEW DAYS BEFORE your wedding. which mean we've to fork out $$$ first lor. cannot count ang bao liao then settle. :jawdrop: can settle in cash, cheque or credit cards. i think most probably we settle using cheque. :bow:

use credit card lah.... call up banks to increase credits temporary... that is most couple do.. then take the angbaos and place back the money.. somemore can earn CC points..

my hotel needs to pay up 1/2 of the total amt 2 weeks before...

use credit card lah.... call up banks to increase credits temporary... that is most couple do.. then take the angbaos and place back the money.. somemore can earn CC points..

my hotel needs to pay up 1/2 of the total amt 2 weeks before...

no lah, we don't want to use our credit cards to pay. we knew that we can call up the bank to increase the credit limit. but my hb prefers to pay using cheque. the credit cards points don't matter much to him b'cos he had ever accumulated quite a lot liao. :furious:

just give them a post dated cheque will do lor. :D

i think we can't use post dated cheque b'cos swissotel needs to make sure the cheque doesn't bound back and they also want to make sure they got the $$$ BEFORE the wedding. :deal:

yours is still early. you can start to book around aug or sept. 1 year in advance! :deal:

swissotel doesn't allowed you to settle the full payment AFTER your wedding. you must settle the full payment A FEW DAYS BEFORE your wedding. which mean we've to fork out $$$ first lor. cannot count ang bao liao then settle. :D can settle in cash, cheque or credit cards. i think most probably we settle using cheque. :)

Ehh Korea....they won't accept cheques for final payment one lah...u go back see yoru contract again...i duno abt swissotel but most hotels won't accept cheques for final payment if you settle the remaining amount on your actual day...it's either cash or credit card...no cheques...cos cheques need a few days to clear....what if your cheque bounced then ppl play punk then hotel find who?!?! U go back and read the fine print and terms and conditions very carefully...think u missed out on a lot of things ah... :P

Phantom, my bridal shop is Jazz bridal....my package is 3188 with car, 30 photos, blah blah blah....

Hey Xinyi, you signed with bridal concept at liang seah street? Then we are very near each other....haha....

Edited by Air

Ehh Korea....they won't accept cheques for final payment one lah...u go back see yoru contract again...i duno abt swissotel but most hotels won't accept cheques for final payment if you settle the remaining amount on your actual day...it's either cash or credit card...no cheques...cos cheques need a few days to clear....what if your cheque bounced then ppl play punk then hotel find who?!?! U go back and read the fine print and terms and conditions very carefully...think u missed out on a lot of things ah... :P

Phantom, my bridal shop is Jazz bridal....my package is 3188 with car, 30 photos, blah blah blah....

Hey Xinyi, you signed with bridal concept at liang seah street? Then we are very near each other....haha....

aiyo, air. i already read liao lah. :)

"you're able to use credit card or cash to make the payment on the actual wedding day, however 7 days before your wedding, you're required to extend your credit card limits and you've to give your credit card details to the hotel to serve as a guaranteed. No cheque allowed on the actual wedding day. you're required to make the full payment either by cheque or cash 7 days before your wedding starts." this is what we were being told leh. haha. :P:)

so can use cheque! :deal:

if we want to pay using cheque then we must pay the hotel 7 days BEFORE our wedding! we need to fork out our own $$$ first. :P

wow korea..how many tables do u have?

yup some hotel needs us to pay upfront before the wedding. your hb paying for everything again?

yup, my hb is paying for everything. from wedding banquet to BS. he'll also give my family's side about 10 or more tables. :D