Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I'm not sure about your statement that "no hitachi owners knows about the flickering issue...". Seems it was quite a hot topic and now i believe after reading this 77page thread Hitachi issues that the fix now has improved the issues.

Just stating what others hitachi owners around the world are experiencing. It may or may not impact your TV. So this is just for info.

lifestyle now not sure which plasma TV to buy..i have a budget for the Pio 427 but it seems like the saleperson either keep pushing pan700 or Hitachi 9800 sigh....

and does the colour contrast really play a part in the TV?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi kitty, my two cents worth

buy what your eyes can see

if you yourself can't tell the difference, why pay for it?

that's why some of us will buy philips hi-fi while others pay for denon or nakamichi :yamseng:

Totally agree with applefreak. Let your eye & budget decide. Some tv features are also not effective if your viewing area is not ideal e.g too much light reflection etc... Also what are the programes you will watch most on your TV...local, DVD, HiDef?

Most of the time you can only tell the difference when comparing side by side the two tv using the same source and cables. But once you get it in your place you will not be comparing so trust your eye then what everyone said as individual view are very subjective.

Just an advice, better to get a decent exteded warrenty for expensive tv (eg at least 3yrs....Panasonic comes with 3yr while Pioneer is usual standard 1yr unless retailer add the extended warranty) if getting especially non-made/assemble in Japan products. These days electronic items are not long lasting as the older generation...my current Sony trinitron 32" CRT is still going strong after 8yrs. Some say lifespan of tv these days is around 4-5yrs but proper maintenance & luck will see you more years.

hi kitty, my two cents worth

buy what your eyes can see

if you yourself can't tell the difference, why pay for it?

that's why some of us will buy philips hi-fi while others pay for denon or nakamichi :P

I'm not sure about your statement that "no hitachi owners knows about the flickering issue...". Seems it was quite a hot topic and now i believe after reading this 77page thread Hitachi issues that the fix now has improved the issues.

Just stating what others hitachi owners around the world are experiencing. It may or may not impact your TV. So this is just for info.

i am one of the Hitachi owners.........

huh? flickering? what flickering? :bangwall:

What your eyes cannot see does not represent its non existance.

Try watching movies with dark background, dimly lighted.

Then again, you may not notice it.

Actually cannot notice better right ?

I think every model have its weakness.

If so particular on all these. Will probably not owning onr in the end.

Then again, it may have happen only to those older model before the 9500 series.

Also, sometimes good model also sway sway got problem.

if you wanna refer to avsforum, then every model is bad...i hope you know what I mean.

I have several friends (non related to each others), but they got 9500...coincidence? cheap ? I don't care..

but 3 years warranty, MIJ, and asked them about prob, none of them can find faults with the screen.

the complaints are mainly like, hard to access connectors (but i am sure all models have this problem too if wall mount), no side HDMI input...

anyway, I always read forum with a pinch of salt..."good to know"..

I dun believe in just 1 friend too...(different pple have different standard of what's good and what's bad)

and I definately dun trust salesman. . (they are just out there to suck your $$...trying to sway you away from your fav model to one which they can earn more commission)

if you do as much homework as me...same budget as me....then will end up with the same choice as me.. :bangwall:

Personally, I think the Hitachi Plasmas represent pretty good value for money.

Ultimately its a matter of choice.

We were looking at the Hitachi and Pio 427 plasmas..

End up getting a LCD because we were concerned about burn in, while understanding that nowadays its a pretty well taken care concern in the new line of plasmas.. the other issue is the degradation of the contrast over the years due to the phospers...

so we ended getting a 40" S8 Samsung for around 2300, we thought it was a pretty good buy...

Personally, I think the Hitachi Plasmas represent pretty good value for money.

Ultimately its a matter of choice.

We were looking at the Hitachi and Pio 427 plasmas..

End up getting a LCD because we were concerned about burn in, while understanding that nowadays its a pretty well taken care concern in the new line of plasmas.. the other issue is the degradation of the contrast over the years due to the phospers...

so we ended getting a 40" S8 Samsung for around 2300, we thought it was a pretty good buy...

Totally agree with you phantom, its all a matter of choice.

Prioritise your requirements, budget, clarity, sound ..... etc

Nothing is perfect, even astronauts going to space have this fear of imperfection.

Whats good for you may be be for others.

Always add not only salt but also pepper into forumer comment.

That's is also why ppl do research in the library instead on the internet.

Me also a big tua pian

Until LED backlight LCD is out commercially at affordable price, Plasma should be the way to go. But it comes with a price:

1.higher electricity consumption, about 20-30% higher compared to same size LCD. That should be a few dollars extra per month. (can be $1 or $10 extra, depending on your usage pattern)

2.Potential burnt-in issue (which is resolved for recent models, be it manual or auto)

If you're watching a lot of non-HD aka SD stuff, eg, mediacorp and SCV channels, Plasma's PQ is way better than LCD, but dun get those full HD version. Full HD will make all your SD channels blur due to the extensive upscaling.

LCD was meant for computer monitor, therefore, pixel count and mapping is important. The moment you dun get 1:1 mapping, the image is very blur. Eyes would prefer Plasma.

8hr non-stop viewing LCD in the office liao, you still want to strain your eyes further by watching LCD ??

dun agree with your point 1 and your last statement..

there is already studies and calculation that Plasma is not consuming higher electricity...if you look at full rate as spec...then yes, but plasma hardly operate at full specs...so overall, plasma is still cheaper in terms of electrical bill. LCD power consumption is stable and remain thru out, even with it's totally black.

and as for your last statement...it's a unrelated summary that you have made...haa

if 8 hrs non stop on LCD, then go home better close your eyes and don't see anything..

trust your eyes. If you think LCD can make your eyes feel more comfortable, by all mean, get LCD 8| Most people will still find that Plasma/CRT is more comfortable to watch.

As for the power consumption thingy, I have a power meter, will do a measurement when I go down to hunt my Plasma sometime soon. However, it is not my major concern as the difference is pretty insignificant.

trust your eyes. If you think LCD can make your eyes feel more comfortable, by all mean, get LCD 8| Most people will still find that Plasma/CRT is more comfortable to watch.

As for the power consumption thingy, I have a power meter, will do a measurement when I go down to hunt my Plasma sometime soon. However, it is not my major concern as the difference is pretty insignificant.

tingshen which plasma will u be getting?

tingshen which plasma will u be getting?

Wanted to get Q91 50" but seems like everywhere got no stocks, Samsung may come out new model anytime soon. Another one is Goldstar 50PC5R. Both are giving very nice color reproduction. Panasonic and Pioneer looked relatively dull, especially on SD from starhub/mediacorp. May just get 50PV700 from Panasonic, their promotion is quite hard to resist.....lol! I just received Sony's year end sale brochure, they didn't include the price of 60" SXRD, if the price is right, I may get that hehe....

I will be bringing my kwh power meter together with my hubstation and probably a media box down to test the sets in best denki/harvey norman. Power consumption doesn't bother me, just for the benefit of others.

What would you be getting? SITEX is near the corner and for sure next month has Christmas sales!