Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if it's 427 the price is still not a good price, coz 427 cost around $2700, HT is just one of the freegifts, so are you paying $1900 for the TV console?

If it's 428, make sure you have all the pioneer promotional freebies included :dunno: and maituliao.

Edited by tingshen

it's 8G, should be 428 series, so its a good deal huh...and yes + all the promotional freebies...

just to add on: we went to Best and HN, LG 42" Plasma is proving to be a good competitor to Pio 428, at around $1800.

Any comments on LG plasmas? And I read alot about Hitachi Plasmas too, are they real hot here?

HOT as in temperature? yes! Hitachi has the HOTTEST Plasma. just bring a power meter down to measure yourself lor, if not....a thermometer ? lol!

you kidding me? 428 cost more than $3K hoh, how to compare? even 427 cost more than $2K.

LG PC5R and Panasonic PV70 42" all below $2K one.

wa, dont be so chim leh,

i mean hot as in , very popular..

sorry, im just a newbie to this plasma tv scene, so may ask alot of dumb questions.

i know pioneer cannot be compared to lg, like comparing LV to Coach, i know...

but lg like not bad leh...anyone has bad comments on lg? feel free to share, thanks...

Edited by anything

oh, you meant popularity ah, I think Panasonic is the HOTTEST now lor, coz of the freebies they give.

If you like the color of LG and dun find it oversaturated, i think quite a good choice :sport-smiley-018: but i notice the images are slightly stretched compared to other brands.

if you do watch a lot of SD and 1080p doesn't bother you, do seriously consider Samsung 42Q9, I think it has very good SD output. Natural Color, sharp images.....

Edited by tingshen

personally, my take on tv selection is this

get the one that you feel comfortable with looking at it, with the lowest price tag

i.e. if you feel comfortable watching a $999 42" LCD and feel that there's no difference with the $3k 42" plasma, then get the $999 LCD

Buy What Your Eyes Can See

i have a 42" Hitachi plasma and i think for $1800 for a fully imported set from Japan is very worth. The PQ for SD images are also good. As for the HOT temperature, personally i dont really noticed it since i will be watching from a distance.

The most singnificant difference between a CRT and widescreen plasma/LCD is the image proportion. After watching a crt tv for so many yrs, i feel that the images of people in plsama/LCD are somewhat fatter!

Edited by hongss

i have a 42" Hitachi plasma and i think for $1800 for a fully imported set from Japan is very worth. The PQ for SD images are also good. As for the HOT temperature, personally i dont really noticed it since i will be watching from a distance.

The most singnificant difference between a CRT and widescreen plasma/LCD is the image proportion. After watching a crt tv for so many yrs, i feel that the images of people in plsama/LCD are somewhat fatter!

higher temperature usually due to higher power consumption.

is it becoz you're stretching the 4:3 576i images on a 16:9 screen?

You shall run it on 4:3 ratio, then everything will look normal.

some examples I saw from other forums:

original ratio 4:3

sample3suq6.jpg

stretched 4:3 over 16:9 widescreen

sample2sur9.jpg

both me and my wife can't stand the 2nd output. It's like torturing your eyes.....

make sure you leave the side bars as min light gray and never black , if not your plasma may have burnt mark easily.

Edited by tingshen

Im watching normal SD from starhub digital box. Consider as 4:3 576i image? I have tried switching the mode to 4:3 but the screen size reduce quite a bit. Even if i l leave the sides as grey. Will it have burn marks in the long run?

higher temperature usually due to higher power consumption.

is it becoz you're stretching the 4:3 576i images on a 16:9 screen?

You shall run it on 4:3 ratio, then everything will look normal.

some examples I saw from other forums:

original ratio 4:3

sample3suq6.jpg

stretched 4:3 over 16:9 widescreen

sample2sur9.jpg

both me and my wife can't stand the 2nd output. It's like torturing your eyes.....

make sure you leave the side bars as min light gray and never black , if not your plasma may have burnt mark easily.

Im watching normal SD from starhub digital box. Consider as 4:3 576i image? I have tried switching the mode to 4:3 but the screen size reduce quite a bit. Even if i l leave the sides as grey. Will it have burn marks in the long run?

yes, SCV is sending PAL signal, so 576i. 42" wide screen is not meant for such thing. Even if it's reduced, at least the picture is natural looking. that should give you 34" viewable area. Dun you think it's almost among the biggest CRT screen we had last time? (The biggest CRT I heard was 36" and 40") For me, my P9 is 50", so 4:3 will give me about 40" :deal:

Once you pass the break in period, depending on your brand also lar, newer generation Plasma should not have that burn mark problem due to the 4:3 settings, especially when you have gray color instead of black color side bars. if you still dun feel comfortable, do a white wash every time you finish watching the SD lor.

different pple have different requirements and budget

very difficult to recommend coz what we feel is good PQ may not be worth the money to you

best is take a walk in the various stores - best denki at taka or harvey at millenia

find the cheapest one that your eyes feels very comfortable with and get that one :unsure:

HOT as in temperature? yes! Hitachi has the HOTTEST Plasma. just bring a power meter down to measure yourself lor, if not....a thermometer ? lol!

you kidding me? 428 cost more than $3K hoh, how to compare? even 427 cost more than $2K.

LG PC5R and Panasonic PV70 42" all below $2K one.

Hi there,

I am also interested in the promotion deal from Cellini & Pioneer for the package deal of $4,699 for:

Pioneer KURO 42" HD Flat Panel Television PDP-428XG c/w Pioneer HT & TV Console.

The sales lady was confident about the package and she told us to check the actual price of the Pioneer KURO 42" in the electrical stores. Does anyone know the pricing????

Also, since I have not been following the market, can anyone advise if this Pioneer KURO is one of the latest model for Pioneer????

Coz if the package is worthwhile, i would get it and have one item less to worry for my living room :dunno:

Edited by sonner13