Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

softballer, i think there are people reported that 7th generation of Pioneer Plasma is selling at around $2K. Perhaps you may want to consider that.

I supposed you're looking at 42"?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
softballer, i think there are people reported that 7th generation of Pioneer Plasma is selling at around $2K. Perhaps you may want to consider that.

I supposed you're looking at 42"?

mm.. ard 40 to 42"..

wat is pioneer plasma 7th gen model no ??

will b going to mega court to see see look look..

Hi softballer,

For 42inch Pioneer plasma the model is 427XG and 50inch the model is 507XG.

Cheers

mm.. ard 40 to 42"..

what is the model of ur tv..

does it come with any freebies..?

mine is the pioneer 428XG, bought oct 07 for a total of $4,500

the price includes

1. total 5yrs extended warranty

2. hdd dvd recorder

3. 5.1 sound system

4. table stand or wall mount bracket

5. some minor stuff like a BREE organiser and movie tickets :dunno:

i'd say i'm enjoying the experience very much :rolleyes:

but you can't hang too high too, coz it it will become raising your head to watch the TV......

I got mine with a group of friends, we shared price findings. So bought Samsung 50" Full HD Plasma P9 for $3700. If you're looking for Full HD and 50", this is the best value model right now. limited stocks though. 50" Full HD TV shall not be more than $4K at the first place. You will know what I mean if you do a simple search from US retailers.

Edited by tingshen

I personal preference (many may disagree) is LCD. And those non glossy type. I reason is LCD have no reflection and very good for putting in the living room where you got lights from window, ceiling light and all that reflects and making it difficult to see the screen and hurt your eyes. Cons of LCD is the color not as rich, so some manufacturer now put glossy glass panel to make the color rich but for me, it defeats the purpose as now it reflect lights.

Another good thing about LCD is no burn in problem (or at least not so easy). Mine I have it for more than 2 years and not burn-in problem (yet) but my mum's plasma less than 1 year already face burn-in problem.

So for me, my choice is clear. But it may not be for you.

Hunt for the model you want... then get a quote from Clementi Electronics Centre. I compared many places, their quotes for TVs are usually the lowest... other than cases where there are special promotions eslewhere. :dancingqueen:

mm.. ard 40 to 42"..

Hunt for the model you want... then get a quote from Clementi Electronics Centre. I compared many places, their quotes for TVs are usually the lowest... other than cases where there are special promotions eslewhere. :yamseng:

better than hongliang/maximum credit?

keltong, may I know which Plasma your mum is using? burn mark is longer an issue for plasma but dead pixel is....same as LCD.

I do not know how could the ceiling light affect your TV viewing. Unless your false ceiling is d@mn low, as low as you hitting your head when you stand up, I dun see why ambient light would affect the glossy screen. Matt screen is dull color, no 3D feel at all....but if some reflection(which could be adjusted easily) is your concern, then you can always go for matt Plasma (eg, PY series from Panasonic). My Samsung P9 glossy screen doesn't reflect as much light compared to other brands(something like multicoat in lens, but much better than that), it does absorb certain ambient light but not compromising any picture quality at all. I only get reflection when there is a direct light source shooting to it, eg, torch light....

Edited by tingshen

Hi tingshen, my mum uses LG plasma TV. Already the top left corner can see one patch of lighter color. The burn-in is not as bad, the new technology seems to be able to 'erase' over time. Immediately after a soccer match, I can see the score burn into the screen. Then it seems to go off after a few days but a patch of lighter color remains. If I am watching another program, the logo will be burn in again.

For lights, if my TV is in the end of the hall, the light been on top and the TV at certain height, I can see the ceiling light reflected on the TV. Maybe it can be adjusted but sometimes the place I can put the TV is restricted.

As I mentioned, it's just a personal preference that I do not like glossy screen and I know many who like it and swears by it, but for me, I will not get one now.

Edited by keltong

Yup... compared quotes from all these shops including Goh Ah Bee... CEC still better. Of course, I can't claim for all TV models... but no harm adding CEC into your list of quotation requests. It was recommended by a friend... and their quote for my TV was $100 cheaper than Hong Liang's. However, I end up buying mine from SITEX instead. :yamseng:

better than hongliang/maximum credit?

hmm me using plasma at home too

but no problem with burn-in or light reflection

personally love to watch movie with all the lights off anyway :~

Maybe my mum got a bad deal, but that is where opinion is formed, hahaha....I'm sure plasma has it's merit else how come still selling so well, just that I happen to come across a bad one, so make me frown on one. Maybe one day my opinion will be change.

well, LG is a NO NO for heavy user lor. I have some friends who got feedback from Changi Airport that these panels turn yellowish after 1 year 24/7 operation....d@mn scary.....

keltong, you shall take a look at how "reflective" on the new Samsung P9 and the Pioneer Kuro, they are super glossy, yet not reflective 8|

Yup... compared quotes from all these shops including Goh Ah Bee... CEC still better. Of course, I can't claim for all TV models... but no harm adding CEC into your list of quotation requests. It was recommended by a friend... and their quote for my TV was $100 cheaper than Hong Liang's. However, I end up buying mine from SITEX instead. :deal:

maybe you need to pay Maximum Credit a visit next time you buy electronic stuff 8| the price quoted from phone is usually higher. If shop A can sell at $X, Maximum Credit confirm can match or most of the time, outbid it @ a lower price :D

just curious, how come you ended up buying in SITEX?

Edited by tingshen

Happen to be at SITEX for look see look see. The prices by Audio House was $1699 which is higher than my quote from CEC at $1590. So wife and I started walking off to see something else. Then... one guy stood up on a platform and started shouting that the very model that we are eyeing at was having special promotion... 7 sets going for $1499! We think it's fate lor... since we like it... might as well buy there and then. haha....

maybe you need to pay Maximum Credit a visit next time you buy electronic stuff :deal: the price quoted from phone is usually higher. If shop A can sell at $X, Maximum Credit confirm can match or most of the time, outbid it @ a lower price 8|

just curious, how come you ended up buying in SITEX?