Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

if u can wait...why not? I bought mine at SITEX as well. Good luck!

will do so.. think shld b going to sungei kadut to look at furniture soon.. at the same time drop by clementi..

should wait and compare prices with IT shows?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Best Denki is never a place for good deals in my experience.

If u know the model that u want, try Clementi Electronics Centre... look for Joe... he should be able to give u a good deal. CEC is quite famous for having good deals on flat screens.... I have compared many shops... CEC usually have the best quotes.... no harm trying. U can find their contacts via Google.

thanks for recommendation, think i should go there n see also..

saw offer on samsung LCD last weekend, very tempting but cost $3299 for 40" FOC $300 robinson voucher + 32" LCD..not sure whether good buy or not..

Nothing really comes "FOC".... all the vouchers and freebees would have been factored into the price. I rather get a direct price reduction rather than having to deal with different vouchers.

Do read earlier messages in this thread.... call up places like CEC, Goh Ah Bee, Hong Liang...etc. to ask for quotes on the specific TV models that you are targeting. Very little effort.... but could potentially get you a better deal and save you a few hundred bucks.

To me, places like Best Denki, Courts, Harvey Norman.... are places where I window shop for the right models.... then I start making my calls to the neighbourhood shops for a better quote.

Ohh... and don't trust Audio House's "guarantee" of the "lowest price in town". Most times (not on every product I must admit), I am able to find a better deal elsewhere! But I guess they are betting that very few people will take the effort to compare prices after a purchase with them. Besides, I am not sure how one can conclusively "prove" that it is a better deal and ask them to pay back the difference. Why bother? Just do some homework and buy from elsewhere.

thanks for recommendation, think i should go there n see also..

saw offer on samsung LCD last weekend, very tempting but cost $3299 for 40" FOC $300 robinson voucher + 32" LCD..not sure whether good buy or not..

Edited by Max383

One bad news for Plasma lover (including me) Pioneer will stop their R&D in plasma in the near future as LCD had won on the market share. :dribble::dribble:8|

Ha ha... then whatever we have now are the only ones left. So we'll have technology that no one will have after 5-10 years. 8| Don't see any harm in that as long as they honor my warranty. A plasma can easily last for 10 years anyway.

Its about time that the market decide on one technology. It will not impact us today, but the future for flat screens will be much brighter! Who knows, with enough R&D, LCDs may look even better and far superior in every way in 5 years time! :dribble:

Meanwhile... lets spend a minute moaning for Plasma's eventual death and celebrate the era of flat screens that it has brought us. :dribble:

One bad news for Plasma lover (including me) Pioneer will stop their R&D in plasma in the near future as LCD had won on the market share. :~8|:~

the future of flat screen should be OLED, not LCD

LCD won simply because it's cheaper to product, not because it's better

think our plasmas will last till the bigger OLEDs are out

can't wait to lay my hands on one of them :dribble:

can't wait to lay my hands on one of them 8|

Yes u are right LCD won is becos of economic of scale not becos of better PQ. :dribble::dribble:

can't wait to lay my hands on one of them 8|

OLED is actually still uses LCD way of emitting lights out... but with much better contrast and less space/power usage. anyway no need to go too technical la..

OLED will overcome problems of contrast ratio and viewing angle, also respond time which are the main few problems LCD is having now. So once all these are resolve, then OLED will have all the advantage of plasma but even better!!

imaging contrast ratio of 1mil : 1 :dribble:!:dribble: ..dont think out eyes are see such deep ratio anyway

guess we'll just have to satisfy ourselves with the available technology for now

bottomline, pay for the difference your eyes can tell

not what is stated on the specs sheet :dribble:

Nothing really comes "FOC".... all the vouchers and freebees would have been factored into the price. I rather get a direct price reduction rather than having to deal with different vouchers.

Do read earlier messages in this thread.... call up places like CEC, Goh Ah Bee, Hong Liang...etc. to ask for quotes on the specific TV models that you are targeting. Very little effort.... but could potentially get you a better deal and save you a few hundred bucks.

To me, places like Best Denki, Courts, Harvey Norman.... are places where I window shop for the right models.... then I start making my calls to the neighbourhood shops for a better quote.

Ohh... and don't trust Audio House's "guarantee" of the "lowest price in town". Most times (not on every product I must admit), I am able to find a better deal elsewhere! But I guess they are betting that very few people will take the effort to compare prices after a purchase with them. Besides, I am not sure how one can conclusively "prove" that it is a better deal and ask them to pay back the difference. Why bother? Just do some homework and buy from elsewhere.

thanks much for your advice, i will check out CEC n Goh Ah Bee :yamseng: usually HN, best and GC are the usual places we go lor !!

Pay cash = go small shop

Pay credit card = go big shop

kekeke...see that you like a samsung, I called Everjoint during the IT show and ask for the 40N81 price, say if dun wan free give is something like 1999 or 2099...cannot remember liao...so you can call all these shops and tell them the model number and they will quote over the phone...dun have to go down...they may not have the display anyway. For display see at places like HN, courts, BK, etc...

Pay cash = go small shop

Pay credit card = go big shop

kekeke...see that you like a samsung, I called Everjoint during the IT show and ask for the 40N81 price, say if dun wan free give is something like 1999 or 2099...cannot remember liao...so you can call all these shops and tell them the model number and they will quote over the phone...dun have to go down...they may not have the display anyway. For display see at places like HN, courts, BK, etc...

hahah wat you said is very true cos now so much 0% interest ma but we rather pay off 1 time and not to own banks...so i am now looking for the cheapest as possible, big or small shops doesnt matter, impt is CHEAP.. :)

hmm everjoint is wat company? can you give me their contact?

hahah wat you said is very true cos now so much 0% interest ma but we rather pay off 1 time and not to own banks...so i am now looking for the cheapest as possible, big or small shops doesnt matter, impt is CHEAP.. :dribble:

hmm everjoint is wat company? can you give me their contact?

U may also want to check up "Hong Lian" at Alexandra. :dribble:

so far got my tv from harvey norman

partly for the extended warranty as TVs are expensive to repair

it's like buying insurance for the tv, coz just replacing the plasma panel can cost as much as the tv itself :good: