Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

the pioneer kuro series was launched in singapore in early oct, so it's considered quite new bah

as for the cellini deal, the tv is currently retailing at $3,499 with 8 free gifts (if i'm not wrong)

includes HTS, some tuning service (cost $250 or $350), tv stand or mount, extended warranty and other things :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
the pioneer kuro series was launched in singapore in early oct, so it's considered quite new bah

as for the cellini deal, the tv is currently retailing at $3,499 with 8 free gifts (if i'm not wrong)

includes HTS, some tuning service (cost $250 or $350), tv stand or mount, extended warranty and other things :lol:

thanks! appreciated!

So much said, any recommendation of what brand or model to get? I am also considering on whether to get LCD or Plasma.

Plasma for sure. if you're looking for 42", do give Samsung Q91 a try. if 50", then P91.

no idea, but it's definitely more expensive than Panasonic's PV70. the comparable model with Panasonic one is C91. Q91 is a more superior model. But bare in mind that none of the 42" Samsung Plasma support 1080p but only up to 1080i.

went audiohouse today, their prices is really quite competitive..

checked with them the LG Plasma 5R 42" tv, if pay in cash, only $1600 (3 yrs warranty)

just to fill you all with info:

pioneer kuro 8 series 42" + 8 items (includes 767 hts etc) = $3188 (2 years warranty) - if pay in cash

the ppl from audiohouse mentioned that 767 hts is not the latest model for pioneer hts, and emphasized that they will not bundle the latest model of everything together. according to him, the latest model is 565

they recommended LG hts (2 speakers - so called wireless) at the back of the living hall + 2 infront, the sound is really quite surround ha! - only $599 in cash..

Best promo for LG 42 plasma 42PB4RT. This is Time Machine Plasma with inbuilt 80GB HDD

at 1799 with 200 NTUC Voucher. Think this series launch in August last year.

time machine is pretty old model. dun think it just launched Q3 2007.

try giving HongLiang a try. they sure can match your price one. My friend got from their HQ - Maximum Credit at good cash price, and top up another 4% for 24 months 0% installment. I doubt Audio House can match this kind of pricing.

Edited by tingshen

If want to play game or connect to PC, plasma TV is not recommended

it depends. If you want to use a TV like a monitor, then just get an LCD. If you're sitting quite far away, Plasma has much superior PQ compared to LCD, especially SD.

anyway, different plasma TV has different PC support level. not all Plasma can support your PC input full screen, especially those HD-ready plasma. I am not sure if you can use a VGA->Component converter to fill up the whole screen, by theory, you can.

Just received my plasma TV LG 42 plasma 42PB4RT yesterday.

Notice there are 2 HDMI & RGB connectors behind, think it is for PC

Current hook up to 2 devicea on AV jack

Not sure how to use the component jack.

Colour too dynamic, even on mild mode.

Critics says strong memory effect, but I can't feel it.

Anyway, due to budget, I got this set.

Feel a bit giddy, even current distance is 12ft.

But check 4D... sure can see.

If want to play game or connect to PC, plasma TV is not recommended

Anybody playing their PS3 on Plasma??? :yamseng:

Just received my plasma TV LG 42 plasma 42PB4RT yesterday.

Colour too dynamic, even on mild mode.

Critics says strong memory effect, but I can't feel it.

Feel a bit giddy, even current distance is 12ft.

But check 4D... sure can see.

Did u call the service centre for enquiry, cos normally new set color shall not be too dynamic even u switch to Normal Mode else in long run ur plasma will die faster. :P

Did u call the service centre for enquiry, cos normally new set color shall not be too dynamic even u switch to Normal Mode else in long run ur plasma will die faster. :yamseng:

Will get some second opinion from others.

Cos maybe not use to switching from 29" to 42"

Just feel the colour too rich, especially the red ones.

Was watching cartoon network. See so many colours everywhere.

Setup now in mild and add more to brightness.

But the time shift mode, very interesting, can play back the last 1 hour viewing.

Anybody playing their PS3 on Plasma??? :dancingqueen:

for small screen, i think mostly on LCD, i'm talking about 26", 32" etc.

for 42", 50" and 63" and above, most people still go for Plasma. PQ unbeatable.....

anyway, both LG and Samsung has richer color, you can adjust it through the service menu or advanced option if necessary. Samsung is less saturated compared to LG.....