Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

50PY700 was $5150 + $900 vouchers + 24 months installment pay only 23 months (4.16% immediate rebate) + 5 years Panasonic warranty during the HD5 lift off.

The lowest I heard for Samsung P9 is $4000 without freegifts/$4300 with freegifts, SITEX was selling $4999 with some freegifts, 3 years warranty.

MaCe, I bought the power meter from that UK guy you saw from ebay :P

er....how can the pixel size be "very different" from brands to brands? if it's 50" in full HD, the only way to make the pixel size bigger is to make the total diagonal size bigger what?

Edited by tingshen

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I bought the Panasonic TH50PY700 for $5499 with extended warranty to 5yrs, draco HD box, $100 voucher... think not the best deals in town, but just tired of sourcing as we've been looking for a tv for the last whole months... :P

Good Choice :P

er....how can the pixel size be "very different" from brands to brands? if it's 50" in full HD, the only way to make the pixel size bigger is to make the total diagonal size bigger what?

got link or not? for the power meter.

i didnt say FULL HD 1920x1080. Just refering to normal LCD/plasma viewing guide lines.

50PY700 was $5150 + $900 vouchers + 24 months installment pay only 23 months (4.16% immediate rebate) + 5 years Panasonic warranty during the HD5 lift off.

The lowest I heard for Samsung P9 is $4000 without freegifts/$4300 with freegifts, SITEX was selling $4999 with some freegifts, 3 years warranty.

So u didn't get the TV during Sitex? Sounds like a good deal.. After searching it for a while, came to realised tht it's a never ending process to compare prices. New models coming out so fast that we can't even keep up now.. Which means prices will drop fast too.. It juz depend if u hv time to "wait" for yr fav model to drop price. But when the price drop, it means newer, better, or improved model is replacing it, and you'll be then back to the cycle all over again..

Buying TV now is like err.. buying diamonds, once you bring bk home, it's 'price-less' .. :P

I go for the newer model coz of the 'anti glare'.. i compared both, there's a great difference.

got link or not? for the power meter.

i didnt say FULL HD 1920x1080. Just refering to normal LCD/plasma viewing guide lines.

wait I go find and post here again.

As for the pixel size, it's still the same, regardless of full HD or WXGA or XGA panel. the numbers of pixels are the same, and if the panel size is the same, all pixel size will still be the same.....PQ is not determined by pixel size one, especially for Plasma.

So u didn't get the TV during Sitex? Sounds like a good deal.. After searching it for a while, came to realised tht it's a never ending process to compare prices. New models coming out so fast that we can't even keep up now.. Which means prices will drop fast too.. It juz depend if u hv time to "wait" for yr fav model to drop price. But when the price drop, it means newer, better, or improved model is replacing it, and you'll be then back to the cycle all over again..

Buying TV now is like err.. buying diamonds, once you bring bk home, it's 'price-less' .. :notti:

I go for the newer model coz of the 'anti glare'.. i compared both, there's a great difference.

$4999? you must be kidding, anytime buying outside the show can get cheaper price than SITEX price, so why bother?

HD5 was during mid-Oct. The price actually shoot back and never come down.....so this is an exceptional case.

Some people feel that the anti glare screen is better, but the fact is, glossy screen is having much better PQ, provided you aren't bothered by the reflection or there is no reflection problem in your living hall. You loss a lot of 3D feel and color vibrancy when you opt for anti-glare panels.

Edited by tingshen

As for the pixel size, it's still the same, regardless of full HD or WXGA or XGA panel. the numbers of pixels are the same, and if the panel size is the same, all pixel size will still be the same.....PQ is not determined by pixel size one, especially for Plasma.

pixel size determines the cost of a LCD panel.

apparently you havent seen those cheapo noname LCD in carrefour/giant.

pixel size determines the cost of a LCD panel.

apparently you havent seen those cheapo noname LCD in carrefour/giant.

u meant the dot pitch between the pixels? oh...and eventually make the pixel size smaller ah?

if that's what you meant then I roughly get your picture liao hehe.....

er....never interested in LCD b4, coz it's meant for computer screen :D

u meant the dot pitch between the pixels? oh...and eventually make the pixel size smaller ah?

if that's what you meant then I roughly get your picture liao hehe.....

er....never interested in LCD b4, coz it's meant for computer screen :D

for LCD TVs.. its not fantastic for ppl interested to use as an alternative for computer screens..

the native pixel range and refresh rates for LCD tvs are still not comparable to the average LCD moniter.

you can get a 22inch wide screen lcd moniter for less than 500 bucks and the refresh rate is 2ms.

games will still prefer using LCD moniters.

imho LCD / plasma for viewing pleasure is mainly a personal preference.

both lcd and plasma for TV viewing on the other hand is still very much lacking.

Plasma is much closer to CRT. LCD is soso for HD contents, but for SD like SCV and mediacorp channels, it simply cannot make it. But most people buay hiam, they see pictures, happy liao :P

anybody getting the Samsung P9?

Got my 50P9 from Samsung. Currently running the break in !!

great PQ, especially for SD. 4:3 is just amazing for this plasma to display all the SCV and mediacorp channels from my hubstation hehe...

Congrat. Heard it is quite a nice Plasma.

Got my 50P9 from Samsung. Currently running the break in :)

great PQ, especially for SD. 4:3 is just amazing for this plasma to display all the SCV and mediacorp channels from my hubstation hehe...

Congrat. Heard it is quite a nice Plasma.

kamsia :) your PV70 is not bad too!

currently on 40hr+ break in, switched back to SCV, wow, the PQ suddenly improve a lot!:unsure:! funny thing is Samsung said there is no need for break in period....

kamsia :yamseng: your PV70 is not bad too!

currently on 40hr+ break in, switched back to SCV, wow, the PQ suddenly improve a lot!:dancingqueen:! funny thing is Samsung said there is no need for break in period....

Hi,

what do u mean by 40hr+break in? You can improve the PQ by doing it? Do share your secrets as I have a new 42" plasma tv and would like to improve the PQ if possible

thanks!

okay, according to many many people, plasma's phosphorous stuff (i dunno if I spelled correctly) requires 250hr to settle down and perform better.

So I search around the internet and found this Plasma break-in DVD. http://www.eaprogramming.com/downloads/download_main.htm

you can also search around to get the break in settings for your plasma. Anyway, if you run it 24/7, you just need less than 10 days to finish the break in. But hoh, it could be just placebo effect lol!