Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Yes everyone i talked to also was surprise that price are not attractive at all !! Even the 50PV70 (best $4299) was higher than others quoted outside. Could be HN strategy. Best price i got for 42PV70 at Comdex today (1st day) is $2499 :thumbs up: with all the freebies & vouchers.

Guess most people would wait till last day and see.

went to audio house..was quoted $2399(somewhere this price) with only $200 NTUC voucher...

i've compared the 42PV700 and Pio 427..the saleman told me to get 42PV700...it's it true that 42PV700 better over Pionner. (the price is quite close and 42PV700 come with 3 yeard warr and it's made in Japan)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The LCDs are selling as cheap as they were previously..

I bought a Samsung 40" S8 series just 3 or 6months ago... at another computer / it fair.. and it was only abt 2300+ at that time..

went to audio house..was quoted $2399(somewhere this price) with only $200 NTUC voucher...

i've compared the 42PV700 and Pio 427..the saleman told me to get 42PV700...it's it true that 42PV700 better over Pionner. (the price is quite close and 42PV700 come with 3 yeard warr and it's made in Japan)

Dun think so the 42PV700 is made in japan. From what I understand, it is assemble in Singapore/Malaysia. But the 50PV70 is made in Japan.

Price wise, 42PV70 and Pio 427 is not really that close. Best/Courts/HN was retailing 42PV70 at $28xx, Pio 427 $40xx. All these were Pre-Comex prices, not sure now. I ordered a 42PV70 3 mths ago at $2500 from Best but changed to Pio 427 recently before delivery. Place side by side watching TV programme, feels that Pio 427 gives a better picture. Asthetically wise, prefer Pio 427.

Dun think so the 42PV700 is made in japan. From what I understand, it is assemble in Singapore/Malaysia. But the 50PV70 is made in Japan.

Price wise, 42PV70 and Pio 427 is not really that close. Best/Courts/HN was retailing 42PV70 at $28xx, Pio 427 $40xx. All these were Pre-Comex prices, not sure now. I ordered a 42PV70 3 mths ago at $2500 from Best but changed to Pio 427 recently before delivery. Place side by side watching TV programme, feels that Pio 427 gives a better picture. Asthetically wise, prefer Pio 427.

Hi TYM there is this latest model for panso 42PV700 not 42PV70...

Hi TYM,

42PV70 is assemble in Singapore.

50PV70 is assemble in China where as the 50PV700 is assemble in Japan.

All parts are from Japan.

I alo agree with your observation & comments.

think the only Made in Japan and cheap model is hitachi 9500 or 9800.. :jawdrop:

EJ is everjoint..(do a search for their number)..

they have both PV70 and 9500 on demo side by side upstair..

think the only Made in Japan and cheap model is hitachi 9500 or 9800.. ;)

EJ is everjoint..(do a search for their number)..

they have both PV70 and 9500 on demo side by side upstair..

is hitachi's PQ as good as pio??

is colour contrast impt? cos pio is 3000 where else Hitachi and pan is 10,000?

ekardo does ur hitachi having the flickering problem?

I can tell you no hitachi owner knows about the flickering issue... :unsure:

it's all from the Expert..

they know TV too well, and can find any ultra small fault with any models..

but hor, flickering very bad for the eyes leh

and if watch tv for a while eyes feel tired then it's the flickering issue liao

same goes for computer monitors !!

that's why I said...ask all the hitachi owner lor..

i am sure they will said "huh? what flickering are you talking about?"

u get what I mean ?

even if have, it's not visible by normal eye..

hehehe, paiseh lor

coz my eyes very easily effected so if i look at the screen for 5min i can tell got flicker or not liao

not because i can see the flicker, but because my eyes starting to feel tired liao :)

I'm not sure about your statement that "no hitachi owners knows about the flickering issue...". Seems it was quite a hot topic and now i believe after reading this 77page thread Hitachi issues that the fix now has improved the issues.

Just stating what others hitachi owners around the world are experiencing. It may or may not impact your TV. So this is just for info.

I can tell you no hitachi owner knows about the flickering issue... :jawdrop:

it's all from the Expert..

they know TV too well, and can find any ultra small fault with any models..