Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

went to see again, i found that LuckyGoldstar's panel is over-saturated.......most probably will get the 50PV70 (reflective screen) instead of 50PV700(anti-glare) from Panasonic.

Think somebody got it for just $3800 sometime back, based on this price, with the $400 cash voucher and 1st month OCBC free installment and 3% rebate from Best Denki, that will work out to be:

$3800-$158.33-$400-$114 = $3127.67. Not bad for a 50" Plasma ;) Just hope that they will still throw in the 5 years extended warranty from either Panasonic or 3 years extended warranty + SAFETY5.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have a 50PV70 and very happy with it. Not the best Plasma out there but definitely one of best overall package and price. Really got good pricing & promotion on now from Panasonic..guess they want to capture more market.

Look out for any HN promotion expecially with their 5yr (= 3 (Panasonic) +2 (HN) ) FULL extended warranty...cos is anytime within the 5yr that your tv cannot be fixed then they will replace or refund the full amount...which to me is quite a good insurance considering these days electronics lifespan and non-Japan assemble models. Whereas Safety5 warranty are depreciation type.

I have a LCD & Plasma both from Panasonic and definitely for SD-channel and moving scenes plasma is the way to go.

went to see again, i found that LuckyGoldstar's panel is over-saturated.......most probably will get the 50PV70 (reflective screen) instead of 50PV700(anti-glare) from Panasonic.

Think somebody got it for just $3800 sometime back, based on this price, with the $400 cash voucher and 1st month OCBC free installment and 3% rebate from Best Denki, that will work out to be:

$3800-$158.33-$400-$114 = $3127.67. Not bad for a 50" Plasma :bangwall: Just hope that they will still throw in the 5 years extended warranty from either Panasonic or 3 years extended warranty + SAFETY5.

I got quote for around $3.9K at the last show in Suntec a few months ago.

I would have though it is likely to fail either first week or after 3 year. Maybe that's why normally warranty are only given first 2-3year by agent.

but how much do you pay for it? Plasma may not spoil so easily within 5 years, the more critical period is the first 3 years actually.

any good and cheap 32" to recommend? wanna buy one for my room....

main purpose, watch DVD and TV, and gaming..

like hitachi 9500 a lot..but think 32" no plasma right?

Hi,

my viewing distance between my sofa and my console is about 3m. Was thinking of buying a 42" plasma. Do but you think the screen size a bit too big?

Hi,

my viewing distance between my sofa and my console is about 3m. Was thinking of buying a 42" plasma. Do but you think the screen size a bit too big?

hi, according to a website, http://www.thehighdefinitionstore.com/tv/t...istance-72.html, min & max viewing distance for 42'' tv is 5.3ft & 10.5ft (10.5ft is about 3.5m)

My viewing distance is about 4m, I've just bought a 50'' plasma .. anything bigger is out of my budget.. hee hee.. :P

hi, according to a website, http://www.thehighdefinitionstore.com/tv/t...istance-72.html, min & max viewing distance for 42'' tv is 5.3ft & 10.5ft (10.5ft is about 3.5m)

My viewing distance is about 4m, I've just bought a 50'' plasma .. anything bigger is out of my budget.. hee hee.. :P

you shall not be restricted by what stupid funny standard lar. There was a "standard" saying I need to buy 100" Plasma with a viewing distance of 4m, crazy right? Although I am using a projector with 100" viewing in HD and 60"+ for normal SCV/Mediacorp channels, the experience is just great, except I can't really enjoy much during daytime. Go check it out yourself at the stores and feel the difference in viewing distance and the sizes. 50" is just nice for 3-4m viewing distance to me. 42" will be a bit too small for anything less than 3m, but then it's a very subjective to individuals one lor. 65" will be ideal for 4m. Just my personal "taste".

btw, wensi, which Plasma you bought, how much? Me aiming for Samsung P9 :P

Edited by tingshen

I will be bringing my kwh power meter together with my hubstation and probably a media box down to test the sets in best denki/harvey norman. Power consumption doesn't bother me, just for the benefit of others.

where you bought your POWER meter? how much?

i can only find in UK...not sg.

you shall not be restricted by what stupid funny standard lar. There was a "standard" saying I need to buy 100" Plasma with a viewing distance of 4m, crazy right? Although I am using a projector with 100" viewing in HD and 60"+ for normal SCV/Mediacorp channels, the experience is just great, except I can't really enjoy much during daytime. Go check it out yourself at the stores and feel the difference in viewing distance and the sizes. 50" is just nice for 3-4m viewing distance to me. 42" will be a bit too small for anything less than 3m, but then it's a very subjective to individuals one lor. 65" will be ideal for 4m. Just my personal "taste".

I bought the Panasonic TH50PY700 for $5499 with extended warranty to 5yrs, draco HD box, $100 voucher... think not the best deals in town, but just tired of sourcing as we've been looking for a tv for the last whole months... :P

the viewing standard serves as a basic guideline but i assume it is based on a middle>to>higher end models.

go look at those cheapo funny brand name lcd/plasma, pixels were as large as your hp buttons, no matter how large the screen is, viewing distance should be LESS THAN 1metre or more than 20metres away. :P