Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Ha ha... I am more of a risk-taker. Manufacturer warranty is good enough for me. If really suay suay spoil after that... then good excuse to buy a new one? Hehehe... :notti:

so far got my tv from harvey norman

partly for the extended warranty as TVs are expensive to repair

it's like buying insurance for the tv, coz just replacing the plasma panel can cost as much as the tv itself :rofl:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
U may also want to check up "Hong Lian" at Alexandra. :notti:

i will, thanks :rofl:

my current sony TV, those old fashion type leh (forget wat that type of TV called) also my fren got for us at those neighbourhood shop..coming to 6 years liao, no problem at all..at that time we got it like $200 cheaper as compared to HN, best etc..maybe go and find my fren also see got lobang bo :(

The way I think (which I could easily be wrong...I know)....

If the TV is ok for the first 2 years....chances are... there are no defects. If there are no defects, chances are..... the TV should last the average life that it is meant to last (as designed and tested by manufacturers).

If so... the Plasma TV should last in excess of 60k hours (100k for new models) before reaching half life (where the image is so poor, you are better off buying a new one). And if I watch 5 hours of TV on average everyday, my Plasma should last me 33years!8| So if I just intend to use my TV for 10 years... ie. less than half of its theoretical useful life.... I think I am taking a calculated risk.

Can anyone tell I have a philosophy background? 8|

Ha ha... I know this is just in theory. I learn the hard way when my LG washing machine broke down in less than 2 years from a one-year warranty! :P

However... the risk taker in me still prevailed. :notti:

You can also think of it in another way... say your TV cost $2000 and you paid extra $300 for 3 years extended warranty.... bear in mind.... you are paying $300 for warranty effective only after manufacturer warranty of 2 years. How much is your same TV worth after 2 years? Certainly a lot less than $2000, I bet. Say it is worth $800 after 2 years.... it means... if I were Harvey Norman... I get to spread the risks. All I need is 3 customers who buys extended warranty from me... and if only one of them invoke the warranty between 3rd and 5th year.... I can even afford to replace the TV with a new one.

As you can see... I am obviously an economist at heart :notti: ... haha.... I count and count... not worth for me lah. Of course... its only for me. Paying a premium for peace of mind can be priceless for others. That, I can totally understand and appreciate.

Anyone have any experience of their Plasmas breaking down after 2 years or when manufacture warranty is over? Please share...thanks. 8|8|8|

manufacturer warranty only 2yrs wor

if spoil after 2yrs really heart pain 8|

Edited by Max383

hahah wat you said is very true cos now so much 0% interest ma but we rather pay off 1 time and not to own banks...so i am now looking for the cheapest as possible, big or small shops doesnt matter, impt is CHEAP.. :D

hmm everjoint is wat company? can you give me their contact?

Hi, search the thread in this forum got one with whole list of retailer phone numbers you can call to ask.

:dunno:

Hello pple!

Anyone bought the Hitachi Plasma P42A01A? Currently there's free HTs or HD tuner right?

Hey Commando, im looking at the same model too...im deciding between this model and panasonic TH-42PV70H... promo for this is till 31th MAr where u will get $500 Shell Or Taka vouchers i think... quite worth it if u r driving and the prices of petrol kep going up.

Hey Commando, im looking at the same model too...im deciding between this model and panasonic TH-42PV70H... promo for this is till 31th MAr where u will get $500 Shell Or Taka vouchers i think... quite worth it if u r driving and the prices of petrol kep going up.

hi wiredchaos, u mean the promo is for the panasonic model right? How much were u quoted? The hitachi one i was quoted $2099 but I've read in another thread that the lowest quoted for the Hitachi was $1850. And it seems like prices are going up?

hi wiredchaos, u mean the promo is for the panasonic model right? How much were u quoted? The hitachi one i was quoted $2099 but I've read in another thread that the lowest quoted for the Hitachi was $1850. And it seems like prices are going up?

I was quoted $1850 too... good deal.But the Pana was originally $2399 but i think wif the $500 voucher still worth the buy but wat im afraid this is the old model, where as the Hitachi is the new one wth better features and full HD too ? correct me if im wrong

I was quoted $1850 too... good deal.But the Pana was originally $2399 but i think wif the $500 voucher still worth the buy but wat im afraid this is the old model, where as the Hitachi is the new one wth better features and full HD too ? correct me if im wrong

From the website Hitachi P42A01A is not a FULL HD only HD Really.

To me personally I would prefer Panny over Hitachi jus my opinion. :good: U may go down to HN to compare the two model again but I suggest u bring along ur DVD moive disc instead using their HD channal and make sure the Picture mode is switch to Normal. :rofl:

Hi,

I found one that quoted $1850 without freebies. Top up abit can get HD tuner.

I saw from the panny webby that the model only has 1 hdmi input. The hitachi has 2 hdmi inputs.

I also read that the hitachi though is HD ready, is at 1024 * 1080 resolution. More than the standard HD ready panels at 1366 * 768 but lesser than a full HD at 1920 * 1080.

Most likely I'm getting the Hitachi.

Hi, search the thread in this forum got one with whole list of retailer phone numbers you can call to ask.

:dancingqueen:

okie dokie, will do thanks :)

I have bought the P42A01A hitachi plasma late last yr. I musy say that the PQ of this set is great. No regrets in choosing this over the Panasonic 42 inch set although the perks given by Panasonic is much better than the Hitachi set. Fyi, this hitachi model is made in Japan whereas the Panasonic is made in China. ( not sure how true)

I have bought the P42A01A hitachi plasma late last yr. I musy say that the PQ of this set is great. No regrets in choosing this over the Panasonic 42 inch set although the perks given by Panasonic is much better than the Hitachi set. Fyi, this hitachi model is made in Japan whereas the Panasonic is made in China. ( not sure how true)

hi bro,

I've also ordered this model. Yours is made in japan, the current batches (including mine) no more from japan liao. BTW, did urs come with the snazio hd tuner? would like to know how good is it.