Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yang Guo

My Lovenest At Jalan Membina

Hey Yang Guo,

so how's reno status?

- officially handed-over?

- stil shopping for furnitures, accessories?

- shifted or gona move in soon?

- hse-warming?

- wats ur feeling rite now?

!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi jack,

wow thats what i wanted to say also, keke, just nice that u asked me

- officially handed-over?

- officially handed-over on 20-Jan-08 already.

- stil shopping for furnitures, accessories?

- shopped for everything already, left the only one - "dvd player cum sound system"

hai, this dvd player is really a headache. i bought it together with my tv at one of the shop at Alexandra. On the actual day of delivery, i received a call 2hours before actual delivery that my dvd player is out of stock! They said they will bring 2 player to our hse for us to chose.. in the end, we didnt get the player, cos one of the player has tall speaker which we dont want (occupy too much space). the other non tall speaker we dont like also. guess what? the tv was delivered on the actual day also. installation of wall mount tv also done on the same day. So we just mounted on the tv without the dvd player! now i have headache on how to un-mount the tv next time to join the dvd player wire together. hai, sian. so i asked my ID how ah? he told me its easy to un-mount it. i can call him for help next time when i want to un-mount. his words calmed me down..but also quite troublesome la, how can that shop play me out so last minute. they should have informed me a few days earlier so that i can quickly go source for one

- shifted or gona move in soon?

- not going to officially move in so soon yet..haven decide on the move in date

- hse-warming?

- hse-warming most probably will be after cny ba, heh

- wats ur feeling rite now?

- finally its over..really very happy with everything, though there is bound to be some minor hicup during the whole reno process. Reno is a good experience for a couple to know each other well. to accomodate to each other decision etc..every purchase need to have 2 person to agree then we can proceed to buy. hehe. buy paintings took many weeks..we went to alot of shops to see but didnt find any really like. finally purchased my paintings at bras basah a few weeks ago. oh ya, we need one big paintings for our mbr too, need to source again. Fengshui items also havent buy yet, need to go bencoolen to ask every shop whether do they sell "five elements painting". Found a shop that sell it ,but they dont have stock at the moment..

Washing machine has arrived also. Its not a "good friend" to us..we have difficulty operating the washing machine yesterday, chum, need to really put in some clothes to test it and make friend with it

Reno wise..below are my ratings:

Overall : 8.5/10

Breakdown

Tiles worksmanship : 9/10

TV console carpentry worksmanship : 10/10

Shoe cabinet worksmanship : 8/10

Bomb shelter worksmanship : 7/10 (the orange laminate joints are not joined so perfectly. touch up done using orange paint, ended up i can 2 different orange colour at the joints)

Kitchen cabinet worksmanship : 9/10

MBR wardrobe worksmanship : 8/10

Dining area feature wall worksmanship : 9/10

Rectifying job : 9.5/10 (they are really fast to rectify stuffs, must salute to them)

love my kitchen cabinet and tv console lots. (but i still admire Alister's tv console alot. Kwanie's tv console is nicely done too).

hmmm i remembered i have alot to say,but cant think of it at the moment.. keke

here i remember..

shortlisted 8 or 9 ID company:

My top 3 choice is

1) *****

2) Weiken

3) Baroque

The quote(last time's quote) i received from

***** - $23k.

Baroque - $20k

Weiken - $21k

To me, ***** = good quality good worksmanship. they are quite famous at these. my friend recommended me ***** too. Was served by Kwanie's ID - Dylan. nice and hardworking guy to talk to

Weiken is quite popular in JM cos alot of units are renovated by them too. Click v v v well with the ID

Baroque is the most sincere,gave me 4* 3D drawings during my 2nd appt. The designs from the 3D attracted me

Ask u all ah, if below 3 to chose 1, which will i chose?

1) Quality - *****

2) Lowest quote - Baroque

3) We can click v v well with Weiken's ID

We are really hesitating whether is lowest quote = lowest quality? nah, we decided to give it a gamble. just take Baroque cos of our budget.

We are afraid of hidden cost, afraid of delayed in job, poor worksmanship. Worried alot at the beginning. now its all solved. can u imagine my feelings? hehe..ok gg to sleep now. gd night everybody

Hi YG

Finally...it over for you.

Glad you are very happy with the reno.

Btw...do remember to buy extra lock since you wont be moving in.

HAPPY

Hey Yang Guo,

ur essay writing, i'l giv u A+ :):good::)

e 3 ID co. u mentioned, all 3 olso well-known 1.

if i'm not wrong, ur ID's co is 1 of e pioneers.

!!

Hey Yang Guo,

ur essay writing, i'l giv u A+ :):good::)

e 3 ID co. u mentioned, all 3 olso well-known 1.

if i'm not wrong, ur ID's co is 1 of e pioneers.

!!

hehe! alamak, my essay got ratings ah 8|8|zz

Given the choice, I would choose either Bar or Wei...price different is $1k, and see what freebies or what items they throw in foc....

Definately will not choose Ora as what YG stated. $3k can buy lots of misc things.

Edited by h4happy

here i remember..

shortlisted 8 or 9 ID company:

My top 3 choice is

1) *****

2) Weiken

3) Baroque

The quote(last time's quote) i received from

***** - $23k.

Baroque - $20k

Weiken - $21k

To me, ***** = good quality good worksmanship. they are quite famous at these. my friend recommended me ***** too. Was served by Kwanie's ID - Dylan. nice and hardworking guy to talk to

Weiken is quite popular in JM cos alot of units are renovated by them too. Click v v v well with the ID

Baroque is the most sincere,gave me 4* 3D drawings during my 2nd appt. The designs from the 3D attracted me

Ask u all ah, if below 3 to chose 1, which will i chose?

1) Quality - *****

2) Lowest quote - Baroque

3) We can click v v well with Weiken's ID

We are really hesitating whether is lowest quote = lowest quality? nah, we decided to give it a gamble. just take Baroque cos of our budget.

We are afraid of hidden cost, afraid of delayed in job, poor worksmanship. Worried alot at the beginning. now its all solved. can u imagine my feelings? hehe..ok gg to sleep now. gd night everybody

Hi YG,

Wow, your experience from Baroque so different from mine.. :)

Although the quote I found quite ok.. but he never gave me a lot of 3D drawings one.. only once each time.. and that is after I signed etc..

Right now still have problems.. so hoping to solve them..

Glad yours worked out well :)

:P

Hi SIMP

Huh?? still having problems??

I thought yours are almost complete?

HAPPY

Hi YG,

Wow, your experience from Baroque so different from mine.. :D

Although the quote I found quite ok.. but he never gave me a lot of 3D drawings one.. only once each time.. and that is after I signed etc..

Right now still have problems.. so hoping to solve them..

Glad yours worked out well :deal:

:dancingqueen:

Hi SIMP

Huh?? still having problems??

I thought yours are almost complete?

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Yup, almost complete.. but not satisfied..

1. Some of the floor tiles got scratches, but my ID say just scrub and clean can liao.. and also too much space between the floor tiles

2. The kitchen cabinet not well done.. a lot of edges coming off etc

3. My rack for the kitchen cabinet.. I asked my ID to settle it this week as I will be moving in.. however my ID tell me will try, no guarantees...

4. I asked to drill the holes for the floor tiles at the main door.. they only drilled two of them.. the third part forgot to drill

5. The kitchen cabinet box up so much.. leaving so few spaces

6. The paint not well done.. side not straight and a lot of extra paint jutting out

7. Didn't do the gloss paint and door varnish.. coz he say laminated wood for the door.. cannot do

Seems like a lot liao.. :jawdrop:

Edited by Simpleboi

Hi Happy,

1. Some of the floor tiles got scratches, but my ID say just scrub and clean can liao.. and also too much space between the floor tiles

3. My rack for the kitchen cabinet.. I asked my ID to settle it this week as I will be moving in.. however my ID tell me will try, no guarantees...

4. I asked to drill the holes for the floor tiles at the main door.. they only drilled two of them.. the third part forgot to drill

6. The paint not well done.. side not straight and a lot of extra paint jutting out

7. Didn't do the gloss paint and door varnish.. coz he say laminated wood for the door.. cannot do

Seems like a lot liao.. :jawdrop:

hi simpleboi,

for 6. The paint not done well.

-> u can tell ur ID to patch it up..previously my ID draw something on the wall to show us the design of the tv console...after 3 coating of paintings, the drawings still can see. I told my ID to patch it up. The worker came to my hse, apply something whitle colour to cover the drawings. then he re-paint it again. total process took 2hrs and its solved..

if u have taken over the hse but havent pay last payment yet, this still can be done. that worker came to my hse at my convenience during of the sat

u can ask them to do this de..no worries i guess. slowly rectify the ur list and u will feel better..

for

7. gloss paint and door varnish..

-> i also didnt re-varnish..looks still ok

mm.. ok la.. for designs of it.. quite common at tat price wor..

Hi SIMP

I think better write down all the items and give it to your id to rectify the problems.

If you have not pay the last payment, hold it. Once release....will have problem asking your id to come down liao.

HAPPY

Hi Happy,

Seems like a lot liao.. :dancingqueen: