Sign in to follow this  
Devilaz

Mrt Complains/feebback

there was a 'keep left' campaign sometime back

but singaporeans are just too bochap :bangwall:

hopefully we will slowly but surely become a gracious society

by giving way, thanking pple and helping to open doors/give up seat :unsure:8|

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

In Japan, people automatically stand on the left side of the escalator...

Also, talking on the mobile while in the train is considered rude - tell that to some of the schoolboys i saw on one of the morning train ride to work, they were even blatantly blasting music from their cellphone!

:bangwall:

there was a 'keep left' campaign sometime back

but singaporeans are just too bochap :P

by giving way, thanking pple and helping to open doors/give up seat :bow: :bow:

There shld have a sign beside the escalator to promote courtesy "Keep Left, or else kenna Bang Bang" :P:yamseng:

Cos I am thinking to use this sign to tell off those ppl who stand on the right. :P:P Otherwise they may shoot me back where got sign saying must stand on the left. :)

that's the whole underlying issue

most don't care if it's rude or inconsiderate to do certain things

they'll shoot back with 'why? against the law ah? ask the police catch me lah'

which is :P:):P :P :yamseng::P

that's the whole underlying issue

most don't care if it's rude or inconsiderate to do certain things

they'll shoot back with 'why? against the law ah? ask the police catch me lah'

which is :fire::curse::furious::angry::angry2::fire:

If there is a sign I will shoot back "What u dont know how to read iszit, Blind har!" :)

in singapore you can see ALL but one standing to one side

and the only one standing on the other side feels it's his rights to stand and block everyone else 8| 8|

i soooooo agree with this!!!!!!!!

by giving way, thanking pple and helping to open doors/give up seat :bow: :bow:

i did say thank you when ppl open door for me leh!! am i considered gracious?!!! :notti::rofl:

To move a large group of people from point A to point B, it has been shown that the escalator must be fully utilised, that is both side should be used.

Therefore it is better to encourage that usage then to stand on 1 side, making it 50% effective.

For you, yes, you may have save time but at the expense of 20 other people. So for 1 min you save, you waste 20mins for others lor.

If there are stairs available, please use the stairs. So be more patient.

i did say thank you when ppl open door for me leh!! am i considered gracious?:angry:! :notti::(

yes yes that's gracious :furious::bleah:

but i've met quite a lot of pple who thinks that it's only right if you hold the lift / door for them

not even an acknowledgement that you exist :o

To move a large group of people from point A to point B, it has been shown that the escalator must be fully utilised, that is both side should be used.

Therefore it is better to encourage that usage then to stand on 1 side, making it 50% effective.

For you, yes, you may have save time but at the expense of 20 other people. So for 1 min you save, you waste 20mins for others lor.

If there are stairs available, please use the stairs. So be more patient.

actually it's the other way round loh

for one person to stand on the 'wrong' side of the escalator, at least 20 more could have passed through as more volumn is 'processed' if they walk up the escalator

so time for 20 person wasted because ONE person don't want to keep to one side :no: :no:

we are not talking about shopping centres but rush hour at mrt stations

if the 'right' side is clear, quite a number of commuters will walk up/down the escalators

this reminds me of the driving habits of singaporeans, but that's another topic for another day on another thread 8|

Edited by applefreak

yes yes that's gracious :sport-smiley-004::notti:

but i've met quite a lot of pple who thinks that it's only right if you hold the lift / door for them

not even an acknowledgement that you exist :dunno:

dat is what my male colleague often complained to me abt...

same thing for walking on pavements... he said those ladies always assume he will walk on the grass so as to make way for them. but i oso kena same thing... i had to walk on the grass to make way for the magpies ;) until so often that i got fed up. :P

this reminds me of the driving habits of singaporeans, but that's another topic for another day on another thread :angry:

yup... just experienced a few morons on the road this morning :angry:

even my dad (he's the driver today and normally he's quite forgiving) got p.is sed off!

yes yes that's gracious :sport-smiley-004::notti:

not even an acknowledgement that you exist ;)

actually it's the other way round loh

for one person to stand on the 'wrong' side of the escalator, at least 20 more could have passed through as more volumn is 'processed' if they walk up the escalator

so time for 20 person wasted because ONE person don't want to keep to one side :angry: :angry:

we are not talking about shopping centres but rush hour at mrt stations

if the 'right' side is clear, quite a number of commuters will walk up/down the escalators

this reminds me of the driving habits of singaporeans, but that's another topic for another day on another thread :dunno:

That's depends on how you want to look at it. But theortically, the escalator can transport more people if 100% utilised. Can't imagine if all the people esp the old need to wait on the standing line so that a free line is available to those in the rush. I believe all are in a rush during peak hours.

I think is not for their buttock to sit they scare they will miss the train when the door close suddenly. I used to be gentle but after seeing so many cases ppl rush in and me left behind (cant squeeze in too BIG size) I also become ken chio like them. 8|8|

Every Morning, I alway realised when taking bus many of them do not go up to the upper deck as there are only 3 bus stop to alight. However those ppls at the second bus stop alway got no chance to board the bus and the ppl jus keep moving in and refuse to go upper deck so no choice have to left those angry ppl standing outside staring. :furious: What are the reasons they dont go up to the upper deck to make space for the second bus stop ppl??? :yamseng:

LAZY to go up then come down again ma.....

hahaha, gonna rant my other pet peeve

escalators!:(!:)!!!

why do pple stand on the right side of the escalator?

is it very difficult to stand on the left side???

it's especially irritating when you see the train arrive, and left while you are stuck behind this person who is in turn stucl behind some inconsiderate idiot :furious: :furious:

some lagi best, when i said excuse me to them

they just turn their head, look at me and turn back to face the front without moving a single step :fire: :fire: :fire:

why why why :P8|

Applefreak....use my method!

I always listen to my MP3 every morning while going to work...

And for those whom likes to stick their leg onto the right side of the escalator, then too bad

for them to c me...

I will use a VERY stern voice to say "Excuse me"...and as I cannot hear the volume of my

tone due to the music....I gather it must b quite loud....

I dun care cos they are the ones whom are inconsiderate first! Aren't they aware tat right side

is for overtaking???

ya hor, maybe i should ask loud loud so that everybody will turn around and look

since they buay zi dong, then i don't have to be considerate also liao :yamseng::P

Edited by applefreak

LAZY to go up then come down again ma.....

Applefreak....use my method!

I always listen to my MP3 every morning while going to work...

And for those whom likes to stick their leg onto the right side of the escalator, then too bad

for them to c me...

I will use a VERY stern voice to say "Excuse me"...and as I cannot hear the volume of my

tone due to the music....I gather it must b quite loud....

I dun care cos they are the ones whom are inconsiderate first! Aren't they aware tat right side

is for overtaking???

hahaha......like driving?? :yamseng:

hahaha......like driving?? :P

sigh, singaporeans don't understand the concept of keep left unless overtaking

be it walking on the road, riding the escalator or driving

always kenna people who walk three or four alongside, then kenna stuck behind them coz there's no where else to pass them :dancingqueen: !!