Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Elemental

How To Get The Best Deal For Jewellery?

no need to envy la.. lol...

watches aren't very expensive what... one of my fav is guess watches, good value for money and plenty of selection.

true lor... whether spend on one woman or many women is really key. ha ha..

Yup.. I like Guess and Esprit watches.. Affordable and got many different designs and types to choose from.. Actually, I also like Nautica watches. But the prices slightly higher than Guess.. But really very chio..

Rich man spend on many women nothing to say.. But I do have friends who don't know their limits and spend on many women and ended up eating maggi mee for meals.. :sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yup.. I like Guess and Esprit watches.. Affordable and got many different designs and types to choose from.. Actually, I also like Nautica watches. But the prices slightly higher than Guess.. But really very chio..

Rich man spend on many women nothing to say.. But I do have friends who don't know their limits and spend on many women and ended up eating maggi mee for meals.. :dribble:

LOL... then go get one Nautica la.. at least u got another watch to choose.. heh heh..

Yeah I know a friend got a few gfs.. somehow i wonder how he can manage his time...

wah ur friend spend until no money for himself?

good luck to him lor.

LOL... then go get one Nautica la.. at least u got another watch to choose.. heh heh..

Yeah I know a friend got a few gfs.. somehow i wonder how he can manage his time...

wah ur friend spend until no money for himself?

good luck to him lor.

It's not surprising that some guys will 'throw' $$ at girls just to get their attention. Previously, he bought the old Fairlady. That one super rare in Singapore liao.. At that point of time, all of his friends knew he confirm cannot afford it in the long run.. Petrol, maintenance, road tax and insurance..

End up, he sold the car after the 1st year. Not to mention that he need to go all the way to JB to pump petrol to save $$.. He even told me that all this sacrifices are worth it coz his car attracted loads of attention on the road.

I once sat in his car, stationary at a traffic light near Cine Leisure. Guess what? A bunch of guys asked him what car is that and they gave him thumbs up. He turned to me saying : "See? This is the kind of attnetion I want."

:dribble::dribble::P

It's not surprising that some guys will 'throw' $$ at girls just to get their attention. Previously, he bought the old Fairlady. That one super rare in Singapore liao.. At that point of time, all of his friends knew he confirm cannot afford it in the long run.. Petrol, maintenance, road tax and insurance..

End up, he sold the car after the 1st year. Not to mention that he need to go all the way to JB to pump petrol to save $$.. He even told me that all this sacrifices are worth it coz his car attracted loads of attention on the road.

I once sat in his car, stationary at a traffic light near Cine Leisure. Guess what? A bunch of guys asked him what car is that and they gave him thumbs up. He turned to me saying : "See? This is the kind of attnetion I want."

:bleah::bangwall::bangwall:

WAHAHAH... like that also can... some ppl are stupid.. my buddy's friend also, Integra.. .lose money.. change to WRX.. then lose more money change to dunno what... i only know he owes alot of money to the banks now and to his friends.... sigh... this kind of attention seeking ppl really can salute them.

WAHAHAH... like that also can... some ppl are stupid.. my buddy's friend also, Integra.. .lose money.. change to WRX.. then lose more money change to dunno what... i only know he owes alot of money to the banks now and to his friends.... sigh... this kind of attention seeking ppl really can salute them.

Can I just say that such people are shallow and himbotic? Craving for attention in material aspects...:bleah:

My hubby told me that actually you see so many young execs driving flashy cars are actually paying through their noses....of course, this doesn't apply to all....there are still those who really can afford....

But you will notice that most of these kind of ppl are single.. If they are attached and have commitments, don't think they will be like that also.. Like us lar, want to spoil ourselves with luxury things, but cannot mah.. We got the flat, spouse to support and maintain.. Hard also lar..

For changing cars, confirm will lose $$ no matter what you change to lar.. It's juz a matter of how much nia.. But again, who will drive their cars for the whole of 10 years? Similarly, seldom got ppl hold on to a handphone for years one..

As technology improves, you will be attracted to 'upgrade'.. But of course, one got to be sensible and upgrade within own means.. :bleah:

But you will notice that most of these kind of ppl are single.. If they are attached and have commitments, don't think they will be like that also.. Like us lar, want to spoil ourselves with luxury things, but cannot mah.. We got the flat, spouse to support and maintain.. Hard also lar..

For changing cars, confirm will lose $$ no matter what you change to lar.. It's juz a matter of how much nia.. But again, who will drive their cars for the whole of 10 years? Similarly, seldom got ppl hold on to a handphone for years one..

As technology improves, you will be attracted to 'upgrade'.. But of course, one got to be sensible and upgrade within own means.. :bleah:

of course, the example i quoted u is change within 6 mths. thats really too much... sigh.. and you are right, these ppl are typically single... no need to worry for anyone except for themeselves... yeah.. i still got my parents and a dog that doesn't listen to me. ha ha ha...

Cars are always depreciating, that is agreed, with the increase in Taxi fares though.. i'm getting more and more tempted to get my car.. ha ha ha.. do you know that in future, peak surcharges will no longer be a fixed 2 dollar cost but a 30% of the total cab fare? thats really daylight robbery.

the cost for mobile is cheap... a car... wah kaoz, not cheap.....

Can I just say that such people are shallow and himbotic? Craving for attention in material aspects...:bangwall:

My hubby told me that actually you see so many young execs driving flashy cars are actually paying through their noses....of course, this doesn't apply to all....there are still those who really can afford....

oh yes, especially in today's society... i remember this old primary school friend ask me to meet up one day for lunch.

so i called her one day as i was around the area.. she ask me if i drive. i say no.. then back and forth sms until i fed up say nevermind next time.

sigh.. not to mention what u brought up.. alot of young execs driving flashy cars... and you are right, paying through the nose..

minority can afford, like i got 2 friends, one bought an audi TT, the other a 3 series, they can afford coz they doing well.. lol.. one in offshore banking.. the other in private banking.

me only can :bangwall: for the time being.

Elemental, I just saw your thread.

Do you still need help with getting your eternity ring? I have some suggestions to help you get your ring, best value for money if you are still interested in knowing what options you have.

Elemental, I just saw your thread.

Do you still need help with getting your eternity ring? I have some suggestions to help you get your ring, best value for money if you are still interested in knowing what options you have.

yo chunky.. elemental still is very interested to get the ring.. lol.

but i think she only online in the morning and day..

Oh. OK then. Here goes .... (Thanks Phantom)

Elemental, if you want the best value for money, you should not have to get branded diamonds. When it's branded, you have to pay premium because of advertising and branding. A Destinee diamond is nothing more than a Grade 0 AGS certified diamond with the best grading in Cut, Clarity & Colour. And because of such a high specs, you can expect a Destinee diamond to sparkle like crazy, and that it would actually look bigger than its actual weight.

It is not easy to find Grade 0 AGS diamonds all the time, especially smaller ones. So you can expect prices to be steep for Lee Hwa's Destinee diamonds.

I never ever recommend friends to get AGS diamonds for sizes 0.5 ct and below. No point. You will only really need to get AGS for bigger stones, as any flaws would then become more obvious when the stone is bigger.

So long as you keep the Colour to D-E-F and Cut/Polish/Symmetry to be Excellent to Very Good, you can be assured that your diamonds will blind the **** out of the next person beside you.

I suspect that the biggest stone in the eternity ring that you're interested in, is about 0.3 ct or so, with the smallest about 0.15ct. What sort of price were you quoted from Lee Hwa for the ring you tried on? Is the TCW (total carat weight) about 1.10 ct?

Have you been to DeFred at Grand Hyatt Hotel? You can actually bring any ring design to them, and they can custom make a ring for you, using very good quality diamonds. You will get a very good ring in the end.

The US Dollar is very weak right now. And diamonds are quoted in USD. So there's no better time than now to buy diamonds.

If I may give an estimate to the ring you are interested in, assuming it's white gold and not platinum, I would say it should not cost you more than S$5-6K.

Just remember that it's small diamonds that retailer earn the most margin from. So retailers can price their rings very high.

A small comment about installments .... there should not be any interest charged. Can't believe Lee Hwa wants to charge you interest.

Oh. OK then. Here goes .... (Thanks Phantom)

Elemental, if you want the best value for money, you should not have to get branded diamonds. When it's branded, you have to pay premium because of advertising and branding. A Destinee diamond is nothing more than a Grade 0 AGS certified diamond with the best grading in Cut, Clarity & Colour. And because of such a high specs, you can expect a Destinee diamond to sparkle like crazy, and that it would actually look bigger than its actual weight.

It is not easy to find Grade 0 AGS diamonds all the time, especially smaller ones. So you can expect prices to be steep for Lee Hwa's Destinee diamonds.

I never ever recommend friends to get AGS diamonds for sizes 0.5 ct and below. No point. You will only really need to get AGS for bigger stones, as any flaws would then become more obvious when the stone is bigger.

So long as you keep the Colour to D-E-F and Cut/Polish/Symmetry to be Excellent to Very Good, you can be assured that your diamonds will blind the **** out of the next person beside you.

I suspect that the biggest stone in the eternity ring that you're interested in, is about 0.3 ct or so, with the smallest about 0.15ct. What sort of price were you quoted from Lee Hwa for the ring you tried on? Is the TCW (total carat weight) about 1.10 ct?

Have you been to DeFred at Grand Hyatt Hotel? You can actually bring any ring design to them, and they can custom make a ring for you, using very good quality diamonds. You will get a very good ring in the end.

The US Dollar is very weak right now. And diamonds are quoted in USD. So there's no better time than now to buy diamonds.

If I may give an estimate to the ring you are interested in, assuming it's white gold and not platinum, I would say it should not cost you more than S$5-6K.

Just remember that it's small diamonds that retailer earn the most margin from. So retailers can price their rings very high.

A small comment about installments .... there should not be any interest charged. Can't believe Lee Hwa wants to charge you interest.

Chunky,

You're advice is likely going to fall on deaf years... I think she like the ring as well as the "destinee" branding.. lol

i tried to give similar advice as to you.. lol.. i also believe in what you've mentioned, personally i don't look at less than 50 pointers if really looking at a good cut/colour or clarity

my guess is the ring is prolly 0.15 to 0.2 x 5.. which comes to about 75 points to 1 TCW

the cost of the ring is 3300 before discounts..

"So long as you keep the Colour to D-E-F and Cut/Polish/Symmetry to be Excellent to Very Good, you can be assured that your diamonds will blind the **** out of the next person beside you."

love this comment though. lol

LOL! Then there is not much more to say if one favours the branding. You want brand, you pay for the brand.

$3300 before discount ...then I think you're right that the stones about probably about 15 points each, give and take. They look like they are of gradually increasing size from right to left though. Nonetheless $3300 is a very good price for TCW of 0.75 - 1 ct. My very first "relationship" ring from my DH in 2001 was an eternity ring of 3 x 0.3 ct and if my memory does not fail me, I think it was a about $3.5K.

LOL! Then there is not much more to say if one favours the branding. You want brand, you pay for the brand.

$3300 before discount ...then I think you're right that the stones about probably about 15 points each, give and take. They look like they are of gradually increasing size from right to left though. Nonetheless $3300 is a very good price for TCW of 0.75 - 1 ct. My very first "relationship" ring from my DH in 2001 was an eternity ring of 3 x 0.3 ct and if my memory does not fail me, I think it was a about $3.5K.

LOL.. i do think they are. lol.. and yes the price is pretty alrite. my very first ring for my dahling i think is very good/excellent E /VVS1 50 pointer exactly i think.. don't ask me the price though... heh heh...

of course, the example i quoted u is change within 6 mths. thats really too much... sigh.. and you are right, these ppl are typically single... no need to worry for anyone except for themeselves... yeah.. i still got my parents and a dog that doesn't listen to me. ha ha ha...

Cars are always depreciating, that is agreed, with the increase in Taxi fares though.. i'm getting more and more tempted to get my car.. ha ha ha.. do you know that in future, peak surcharges will no longer be a fixed 2 dollar cost but a 30% of the total cab fare? thats really daylight robbery.

the cost for mobile is cheap... a car... wah kaoz, not cheap.....

oh yes, especially in today's society... i remember this old primary school friend ask me to meet up one day for lunch.

so i called her one day as i was around the area.. she ask me if i drive. i say no.. then back and forth sms until i fed up say nevermind next time.

sigh.. not to mention what u brought up.. alot of young execs driving flashy cars... and you are right, paying through the nose..

minority can afford, like i got 2 friends, one bought an audi TT, the other a 3 series, they can afford coz they doing well.. lol.. one in offshore banking.. the other in private banking.

me only can :) for the time being.

The increasing cabfares is really abit too much for frequent consumers.. I had friends who take cabs everywhere they go whenever their bfs or hbs are not fetching them.

At the rate that the cabfares are rising, it's better to own a car. If you are really looking for a car just for transport purposes, there are many choices out there. Maybe can consider a lancer or vios or fit.. FC is quite reasonable and their prices are being justified..

Cars are more affordable now with the decreasing COE.. But of course, got to factor in the rising prices of fuel.. :D Not to mention the endless ERPs..

The increasing cabfares is really abit too much for frequent consumers.. I had friends who take cabs everywhere they go whenever their bfs or hbs are not fetching them.

At the rate that the cabfares are rising, it's better to own a car. If you are really looking for a car just for transport purposes, there are many choices out there. Maybe can consider a lancer or vios or fit.. FC is quite reasonable and their prices are being justified..

Cars are more affordable now with the decreasing COE.. But of course, got to factor in the rising prices of fuel.. :D Not to mention the endless ERPs..

We had been looking around..

Fitz

Vios

Mazda3

just that with so many things now.. don't feel so comfortable committing... if Mrs phantom or myself change our current job then yeah.. we might get the car..

Edited by Phantom