Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Elemental

How To Get The Best Deal For Jewellery?

We had been looking around..

Fitz

Vios

Mazda3

just that with so many things now.. don't feel so comfortable committing... if Mrs phantom or myself change our current job then yeah.. we might get the car..

My hubby had a vios for 3 years before changing to a Jazz recently. Must say Jazz's FC is really more economical than vios...the suspension couldn't quite make it after 3 years...my opinion was vios actually was quite filmsy...engine-wise, vios is better lah...:D

I love mazda 3 but like drinking water....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My hubby had a vios for 3 years before changing to a Jazz recently. Must say Jazz's FC is really more economical than vios...the suspension couldn't quite make it after 3 years...my opinion was vios actually was quite filmsy...engine-wise, vios is better lah...:)

When you says that the engine is better for vios, are you referring to the performance or maintenance part? I had friends driving Vios and Fits, but it seems that Fits' engines require less maintenance.. But the FC is definitely better than vios..

Good value for $$. :D

When you says that the engine is better for vios, are you referring to the performance or maintenance part? I had friends driving Vios and Fits, but it seems that Fits' engines require less maintenance.. But the FC is definitely better than vios..

i'm not sure...i only know Jazz is CVT engine and vios is duno VVT or what...me idiot with such things...my hubby told me one.....he said when he brakes, it feels different....cos vios is auto and jazz is like it will auto change gear so prone to more jerks....i duno if i make sense....haha...:)

Many friends asked him why he downgrade from vios to jazz....but i think jazz quite cute and zippy leh...i asked him to choose yellow he said dun want, too cute....haha....

Hi Chunky Monkey,

Thanks so much for the very detailed advice! I will consider very seriously :D

Actually, I don't really care for the brand. Destinee is just a house brand of a local (or Hong Kong?) shop. Not really a big deal to me. It's nice, but I'm not lusting after it. That's different, of course, if it was a Tiffany :dribble:. I'd be happy to tell other people that it is a Tiffany.

I just like the design, and for once, the price is not ridiculously out of reach. Usually the rings I :dribble: over are not what I can ever afford to buy, unless I tio top prize in Toto. This is why my interest has been sustained.

I like this design because it doesn't look too small, or like costume jewellery, and yet it is outstanding enough and is still suitable for everyday wear. I don't believe in buying something that I have to keep in the safe. :dunno: So this is so far the only piece that is suitable...

Good heads up with DeFred :good: I shall ask my hubby to check it out! :):yeah::lol:

Yes the diamonds in the ring I am looking at is in decreasing sizes. If I remember correctly the largest is 0.2+ carat and the smallest is 0.1+ carat. I shall check with my hubby tonight and let you all know.

Went to look at my reno yesterday evening... The contractor made some minor errors, fortunately not too serious to rectify. I decided to make them STOP work completely until I have a detailed discussion again about everything. :curse: I rather delay the work than to have rectification works. Haiz. BUT, my dream house is taking shape :) So happy!!! When completed I shall post photos... I think not very interesting to look at messy reno work... all look the same... :D

Oh yah, and DON'T GET ME STARTED on the cab fare, ERP, petrol, yadda yadda.... :furious:

My hubby had a vios for 3 years before changing to a Jazz recently. Must say Jazz's FC is really more economical than vios...the suspension couldn't quite make it after 3 years...my opinion was vios actually was quite filmsy...engine-wise, vios is better lah...:D

yah.. M3 really drink petrol like water.

New Vios should be better right?

hmmm...

yah.. M3 really drink petrol like water.

New Vios should be better right?

hmmm...

not sure leh...but the exterior looks different and the stereo inside looks sleeker compared to the old one...

Hi Chunky Monkey,

Thanks so much for the very detailed advice! I will consider very seriously :dribble:

Actually, I don't really care for the brand. Destinee is just a house brand of a local (or Hong Kong?) shop. Not really a big deal to me. It's nice, but I'm not lusting after it. That's different, of course, if it was a Tiffany :). I'd be happy to tell other people that it is a Tiffany.

I just like the design, and for once, the price is not ridiculously out of reach. Usually the rings I !! over are not what I can ever afford to buy, unless I tio top prize in Toto. This is why my interest has been sustained.

I like this design because it doesn't look too small, or like costume jewellery, and yet it is outstanding enough and is still suitable for everyday wear. I don't believe in buying something that I have to keep in the safe. :furious: So this is so far the only piece that is suitable...

Good heads up with DeFred :dribble: I shall ask my hubby to check it out! :):yeah::lol:

Yes the diamonds in the ring I am looking at is in decreasing sizes. If I remember correctly the largest is 0.2+ carat and the smallest is 0.1+ carat. I shall check with my hubby tonight and let you all know.

Fairy's Inc is another place to take a look if you want to customize rings. Wah.. at least chunky's efforts are not wasted. heh heh...

My dear.. please don't get started on Tiffany's.. its a scary name.. lol..

not sure leh...but the exterior looks different and the stereo inside looks sleeker compared to the old one...

yeah.. the exterior cuter... more curvy.. and inside is slightly better.. lol..

but can't beat the mazda 3.. outside inside also look good!

My Best Buddy is driving a Fitz.. fantastic FC.

especially since he drive long haul trips.. lol... not the usual city driving

Okok just came back from Lee Hwa with the specs...

Original price $3528, total 5 diamonds. 0.14, 0.10, 0.10, 0.6, 0.6... TCW= 0.46. Now at 10% + 10% off = $2857.68

Hmmm... Looks like it's not such a great deal then.... I will seriously go and check out prices at DeFred and Fairy's Inc. Any recommendations for good sales person?

Okok just came back from Lee Hwa with the specs...

Original price $3528, total 5 diamonds. 0.14, 0.10, 0.10, 0.6, 0.6... TCW= 0.46. Now at 10% + 10% off = $2857.68

Hmmm... Looks like it's not such a great deal then.... I will seriously go and check out prices at DeFred and Fairy's Inc. Any recommendations for good sales person?

for .46 weights... not really worth it for the price. you type wrongly is it.. last 2 is 0.06??

Fairy's Inc i need to check the person's number. i'll drop you a pm once i get it ok.

Elemental, thanks for putting the specs here. I am doubtful now that ALL the stones are Destinee diamonds. It's so **** hard to get an Excellent cut on big stones, let alone small ones like 0.06 ct. Something is not quite right here. I hope it is not a misuse of their advertising.

For the same price, my recommendation is for you to go to DeFred and speak with any of the salesperson. Just say you were recommended by a friend of their Lady Boss. They do alot of made to order pieces. So bring your design with you and let them know your budget. They will get you the best caratage for your price. I hope to influence you to get 3 bigger stones for your design, than 5 small ones that are not worth very much. A 0.06 diamond is worth about $200 these days. So you can imagine the profit on this ring that Lee Hwa quoted you.

All the best. Shopping for diamond rings can be a whole lot of fun .... and agony!

Edited by Chunky Monkey

:good::D:jawdrop:

Thanks so much Chunky and Phantom for your valuable advice!:jawdrop:! :bow::bow::bow:

Yes you are right - Typo - It should be 0.06 carats only.

Chunky, for me I love the design with the 5 diamonds... No need to get very valuable ones... Just the design/sparkle that I like at a good price! :sport-smiley-004: I'm hoping to get something like 0.18, 0.14, 0.14, 0.1, 0.1... HEHEHE AM I TOO GREEDY??? Hopefully DeFred can make this one (with reasonably good gems) for me at below $3000. I'll be very happy already... :bangwall:

Thanks thanks thanks you guys are the BEST :good::bow:

I'm hoping to get something like 0.18, 0.14, 0.14, 0.1, 0.1... HEHEHE AM I TOO GREEDY??? Hopefully DeFred can make this one (with reasonably good gems) for me at below $3000. I'll be very happy already...

Without a doubt, it would be lesser than S$3K. Once you get a quote, please PM and tell me whom you have talked with at DeFred. Then I can call the Lady Boss to give you a good discount. My word on it.

:good::D:jawdrop:

Thanks so much Chunky and Phantom for your valuable advice!:jawdrop:! :bow::bow::bow:

Yes you are right - Typo - It should be 0.06 carats only.

Chunky, for me I love the design with the 5 diamonds... No need to get very valuable ones... Just the design/sparkle that I like at a good price! :sport-smiley-004: I'm hoping to get something like 0.18, 0.14, 0.14, 0.1, 0.1... HEHEHE AM I TOO GREEDY??? Hopefully DeFred can make this one (with reasonably good gems) for me at below $3000. I'll be very happy already... :bangwall:

Thanks thanks thanks you guys are the BEST :bow::bow:

Our pleasure. =)

I actually quite like Chunky's idea of a trinity setting.. lol. why don't you go take a look if that have.. wah!.. then later you mouth water... heh heh..

keke..

Without a doubt, it would be lesser than S$3K. Once you get a quote, please PM and tell me whom you have talked with at DeFred. Then I can call the Lady Boss to give you a good discount. My word on it.

:P Chunky,

Next time can help me get discount anot? lol. i can't afford Tiffany diamond leh. lol... :good:

Next time can help me get discount anot? lol. i can't afford Tiffany diamond leh. lol... !!

Although I haven't met you, Phantom, I know you know your diamonds. So your lady in your life is very lucky. And I can also gather that you like ROCKS. And I bet something like 1+ solitaire is your target? And of course, but you must know that you need to plan ahead. DeFred is very particular about quality stones. You cannot want it "NOW". They can take up to several months to pick the best stones, and get them shipped in from the US or HK. Their factory is in HK. Workmanship is superb.

Although I haven't met you, Phantom, I know you know your diamonds. So your lady in your life is very lucky. And I can also gather that you like ROCKS. And I bet something like 1+ solitaire is your target? And of course, but you must know that you need to plan ahead. DeFred is very particular about quality stones. You cannot want it "NOW". They can take up to several months to pick the best stones, and get them shipped in from the US or HK. Their factory is in HK. Workmanship is superb.

:dribble: Thanks Chunky.. my head starting to swell.. kekeke... You are absolutely right on one part. I like ROCKS! kekeke.. I was just inspired when i started looking for one for my missus.. The more i researched, the more i realized that I don't know anything. I sort of want to think that I'm the lucky one to have my wife.. lol.. life's been great but made a wrong move in career lately.. ha ha ha.. so i'll got to wait awhile to get my life back on track.. ha ha...

I don't think i can afford the 1 caret solitaire now. !! .. after the reno + other stuff for the missus.. lol.. I think this year alone i must have blown away 50k to 60k already.. lol... But yes, i would love my next target to be a 1 caret solitaire. I agree with you that there is a need to plan ahead. Can't rush such things.

I can also see that you really know your rocks.. lol.. not many people really show that kinda keen interest i've realized. Does DeFred also customize necklaces? I'm just thinking about whether my missus would want to get a nice necklace for the wedding.