Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wuga98

Dream House - We Did It Our Way!

Hi: i have benefited immensely from this forum, first of all Thank You and keep it coming as i would think the present or the future visitors will find this very useful.

I am going to start a t-blog here to chart the progress and to share. To start the ball rolling, here are some background:-

1. Bought the place in Nov 2006, legal paperwork completed sometime in Feb 2007. :D

2. Fengshui Master visited the place and work on the layout in Feb 2007.

3. Appointment of Architect in Feb 2007.

4. Achitect completed first draft of House in April 2007.

5. Revision completion in June 2007.

6. Close tender for main con and also a sub con in Jul 2007.

7. Selection process for main con and sub con (electrical/plumbing/M&E), done and completed in Aug/Sept 2007.

8. Appointment done in Sept 2007.

9. Approval for rebuild approved in Nov 2007.

10. Complete tear down in Nov 2007.

11. Piling completed in Dec 2007.

12. This one i don't know what they call it, what i saw last week is one bloody big hole in the ground..maybe pour concrete or something :rofl: but i think my next update, i will show you the pic.

:notti:

Edited by wuga98

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

just manage to take a pic yesterday, still a BIG hole there, hopefully, some more to see next weekend when i am back from Shanghai.

cowdray1resizets9.jpg

Edited by wuga98

it has been a busy 2 weeks with most weekends burned driving all over SG for us to visit all the wonderful places you probably will not go if not for a specific purpose.

This week is also my first week of attending site meeting, which was suppose to be conducted at the site but due to the heavy rain, it has to be moved into the nearby coffee bean.

Met all the contractors that is going to work hand in hand with the main con. haha, i can only manage to understand some part of it. :D ..

Here is how i have structured the whole rebuild, Architect is the Project Manager, main con takes instruction from architect and owner (which happens to be me) :bow: . Something i did which is very unconventional is that i took out the M&E/Plumbing/Electrical & Aircon from the main con. I did a seperate tender for these items and have gotten a Uni fren of mine to coordinate and manage, he is a M&E consultant.

When it comes to work, main con will give instructions to all sub cons, no IFs & BUTs, when it comes to decision making, it's going to be a grp site meeting which i will attend, if not the architect will be my rep.

I have been caution about the additional $$$ due to taking our certain portion of the main con's work etc and also not to mentioned about the time i need to be call to the site meetings. Bu i guest maybe there is something i can learn from this whole experience. !!

i took this pic this morning, something is definately getting "planted" there. !!

cowdray2resizeyo1.jpg

Edited by wuga98

We had an original concept and it was further conceptualized by the achitect which also got changed after the FSM site assessment.

The final layout is that we will have our living and dining room behind the house, very "ang mo" like. We will also have a koi pond at the rear of the house. The final room count is something like, 6+1(maid)+1(HS) and 5 toilets. It's a 2 storey house with an attic.

I have never lived in a house with the living room at the back, so it will be an experience for me. The thinking behind is FS and also that we can get a lot of peace and quiet for the family. My architect is from australia and he mentioned that this is quite common in Australia.

Will post more later. :dancingqueen:

wow..ground zero. btw how does the layout of your new place like? cant wait to see! :)
Edited by wuga98

:P:P

That's a jaw :( dropping transformation you got there! Can keep pics coming in? Really keen to see how it turns out in the end, esp the part of living/dining @ rear of hse... Was wondering if yr next door neighbours cook @ the rear part of their hses too... else the cooking fumes... :notti::notti:

hope they don't exhaust the cooking fume and trunk it over the wall, otherwise i may need to install a BIG fan. :unsure:

I will try to post the floor plan if i can find the softcopy.

!! :rolleyes:

.. Was wondering if yr next door neighbours cook @ the rear part of their hses too... else the cooking fumes... :yamseng::dribble:

I was at the site this morning, cannot really tell if a lot have been done during the CNY week. Here is what i got.

cowdray3resizeou4.jpg

Here are what we have decided thus far:-

1. Aircon, 2 VRV system from Carrier

2. Flooring;

+ Living, dining, foyer >>>900x900 Ariston marble

+ Bedrooms and 2 & 3 floor, 100mm width teak timber flooring strip

+ The rest of the house, various types of homo tiles.

3. Storage water heater, Joven

4. Ceiling Fan, KDK

5. Bathroom fitting, mixed of hansgrohe and axor

6. Switches, whole house, Legrand Mallia

7. Windows, Fascina

There are some additional stuff that we will decide most likely by Wednesday as the CNY have slowed some of the reply.

Edited by wuga98

I was at the site this morning, cannot really tell if a lot have been done during the CNY week. Here is what i got.

2. Flooring;

4. Ceiling Fan, KDK

7. Windows, Fascina

There are some additional stuff that we will decide most likely by Wednesday as the CNY have slowed some of the reply.

Hmm... more steel poles up? :notti: Perhaps they are the structure supporting the whole hse? :notti:

Yup, CNY slowed down some stuff for us too. We are treating it as a break before the whirlwind sweeps again. :notti:

cowdray3resizeou4.jpg

2. Flooring;

4. Ceiling Fan, KDK

7. Windows, Fascina

wAH. Your land area looks pretty big. and a koi pond!! so fun! i wanna hav a pond too if i live in landed property.

So interesting! if living and dining is behind, whats in front? looks like u got a room in front from the looks of the position of the reinforcement bars.