Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Two white events in our estate....

This month at same time, one at each end of carpark.

Hope the visiting parties can park their vehicles at the nearest respective carparks so as not to cause obstruction, limiting the road into a 1-way rd instead. However, having said that I'm fine if its only for a short time frame, given the situation.

My condolences to the families for their loss.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
went with my gf to simpang bedok makan today. nice feel, nice food.

not fantastic but nice enough to make regular trips.

fyi....

For durian lovers, you may want to check out Sedap Corner for their specialty dessert; the durian toast. Both parents and wifey seems to love it!

IT IS FEEDBACK TIME

I had received a survey form from HDB seeking feedback from our estate.

It's HAMMER TIME
Please hammer HDB & Surbana International Consultants for the maze-like void deck walkways.

It is apparent that the SIC architect is only good on paper & did not walk the ground when he designed the walkway.

Just how long it takes one to walk from one end of Linear Green to the other.

The convoluting walkway maze can be used as a roadblock for the Amazing Race!

Just one of the major screw-ups amongst the 101 issues with China Construction dismal workmanship, eg the unevenly laid floor tiles & ugly grout lines, low quality rubber O rings under the shower heads and rubber seals used on window sashes, no rubber seal on the bottom window sash, plus the use of wooden doors for the toilets which are wet areas - water corrodes wood, a simple fact of life which eludes the SIC architect = BRAINLESS!

Moreover, the swing out position of the wooden door in the master toilet practically usurps any movement space. When a simple elegant bifold door of a colour that matches the bronze black door frame with white acrylic inserts can be installed. And at a lower cost than the wooden door too!

So Hammer HDB! And hammer hard!

Edited by DSA

The only stall that I frequent @ Simpang is Spize Concepts. They have delivery services too. I'm trying to upload all my makan places pics on my facebook.

http://www.spizeconcepts.com/scmenu.htm

(Look under "The Supper Club")

Regards,

Frederick Chia

Tried the delivery service yesterday to wrap up a great evening with Man Utd winning the title. Delivery arrived within the hour. Food taste great! By the way there is a $5 delivery charge for orders below $50.

Perhaps we can pool order the food next time yah!
:good:

think DSA will write until no space to write... haha..

I bomb their playground and exercise corner + sheltered walkways.

Add: anyone noticed our playground got a pile of sheesh on top of the platform? today walked pass it's still there.

Edited by hihihi

think DSA will write until no space to write... haha..

I bomb their playground and exercise corner + sheltered walkways.

Aiya, whatever we write on that survey form will not change anything for Linear Greeners - the purpose of the survey is purely moot.

Weakest links in HDB's value delivery chain - Surbana International Consultants which came up with rubber stamp design plans with no evidence of design ingenuity nor element, followed by China Construction & its sub-cons' utter dismal workmanship.

Makes one really wonder what specifications did HDB ever laid out to these 2 vendors: 上梁不正,下梁歪得实在厉害。

Tried the delivery service yesterday to wrap up a great evening with Man Utd winning the title. Delivery arrived within the hour. Food taste great! By the way there is a $5 delivery charge for orders below $50.

Perhaps we can pool order the food next time yah!
:good:

Besides the $5 delivery charge, there is also a minimum order of $20 for delivery.

n1752345646_18328_8192134.jpg

Linear Green Welcome Party 2009!
The welcome party where Linear Greeners can mingle with neighbours, have fun & laughter while enjoying exotic food & performances.
Date: Saturday, 20 June 2009
Time: 4 pm - 9 pm
Venue: Linear Green Garden between Blk 220B & 221B

Souvenirs for 1st 200 Linear Green Residents only!
So come on down & support your precinct!

Program line-up:
  • Enjoy Exotic food
  • Play Carnival Games
  • Enthralled by Magic Show
  • Mesmerised by Exciting Performances!

Tickets at $3 each, available from Linear Green RC @ Blk 221A
#01-70, Monday to Friday from 2 pm to 5 pm.
NB: Opening hours of LG RC seems out of sync for those Linear Greeners who are working during those timings.

We have a RC centre at Blk 221A, #01-70! And they are on Twitter as well.
fe9ea2a57ac0c664d8cbfadf77dadfa8_full.jp
Edited by DSA

Besides the $5 delivery charge, there is also a minimum order of $20 for delivery.

tried as well.. thanks fred for the intro.. at least we know that are more den mac, kfc, etc.. haha

by the way, i bomb on the attitude of worker...

threaten me when doing my window!

Good man!

Haha..

i feedback on the walkway, loading/unloading, etc... generally lousy feedback.. but who cares(HDB, etc).. think they are now monitoring SGX... lolx..

Edited by yokoyoko

hey guys, i no most of us are working in the day...i was off last week and realise after school hours, students will come in groups, mixture of male n female and they will walk to the stair of the block and stay there...u no that our stairs are quiet quiet and corner ncover up.duno wat did they do but bet its hanky panky..must find out...haha.sekali got glue sniffing lah.keke...

Bring a high speed digital camera with good videoing capabilities & confront these juvenile delinquents, snap their faces & video them, take down their particulars & contacts & call their parents & schools.

No one is to mess up Linear Green.
U can then upload the pics to HWZ & STOMP.

I recently stormed down to the open top level of MSCP Blk 219, blasted & captured faces of 5 kids being noise nuisances at 10+ pm, 1 of which was smoking - they're not even past primary schools kids' age. Issued stern warnings to them & hollered them to GET LOST & don't ever show up in Linear Green.

U gotta make them piss in their pants right from the start, show them you're the boss, then they will be timid as toddlers.

tried as well.. thanks fred for the intro.. at least we know that are more den mac, kfc, etc.. haha

Don't have to thank me. Just sharing info only. If anyone likes pizza, try Sarphino's (Not too sure of the spelling!) Midnight Express & Hawaiian (Both pizza names!). Beats Pizza Hut's flat flat. For other nice makan places, you can find some of my personal favourites under my Facebook's photo album. ;P