Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

I have some correction on below to give correct information for those not so familiar with digital door locks.

Interlock ( Parallel importer for Samsung and Gateman digital lock )

1. Warranty

We Provide 1 year warranty by parts.

However for the labour we will charge $80 per trip for any issue after the installation had completed.

Therefore we will be more responsive compared to free service provider

- Samsung agent and Yale do not charge any trip charges during thier warranty period of 2 years for Samsung and 1 year for Yale.

if someone call for service for 5 times due to mulfunction of lock in warrnty period, then he/she need to pay $400 for all trips and it might be more than lock price.

To be more responsible for service rather than responsive

2 Pin Code

The reason why our Samsung digital lock can change password easily because we import the latest new version that can used to configure remote controller

- Remote controller is all the time availabe as option for Samsung and Yale locks. Remote controller also set by the button in the battery compartment.

Remote controller is nothing to do with PIN and card registration.

By the way, does the parallel import goods obtained IDA approval to use that frequency in Singapore ?

However if you want the older version of Samsung locks which requires old password to change password. We do have instock as we have partnership with one of the korea largest lock distributor and therefore we are able to obtain the latest SHS 2320 and SHS 5230.

- You may share the name of the biggest lock distributor in Korea whether it is true or not.

It is not the matter of older and newer versions.

It is Samsung's policy to enhance authorised export versions to have better security feature.

Having security PIN to enter into enrollment & detion of cards and changing password is definately higher security features even parallel importers want.

Imagine kid plays with lock and accidently press a button in the battery compartment and press numbers in the front panel.

What will happen. The PIN will be changed without their parents acknowledgement.

Unfortunately if the same day the whole family go for swimming pool but as usual didn't bring along the card.

I can imagine how embarassing moment they have.

As sooner or later, many people know the PIN and cards can be changed and registered without any permission from owner.

5 seconds is enough to giving a big security issue.

3 Humidity

We have install locks for over 2 years so far there is no issue or any prove that humidity will affect the lock. If anybody faces this problem you can post your story and share with us.

- Humidity affects corrosion of metal if it is not properly treated. It is common sense in construction industy but not sure in consumer electronics industry.

I believe locks to be treated as construction goods although it is hightech featured.

4 Spare parts

We have over hundreds units of digital lock per model so it will be pretty hard for us to run out of spare parts. However for most case when the lock fails, majority of the installers will replace the whole pieces instead of part as it is very hard to identify which parts cause the failure. All i know installers only know how to install but only electronic engineers can identify the problem. Unless they hire engineer to service your lock then i will have nothing to say.

- I understand that parallel importers cannot get the parts form Korea. The reason charging for trip is to recover their lost as they cannot simply change the affected parts. In case the certain model is no longer produced by Samsung and Gateman then sooner or later their stocks for the model will run out.

Then how parallel imported goods can be serviced. The only way is trade-in offer even lock can be serviced with small parts changes which may ask lock owners to spend more money for another locks and waste of goods or don't care as warranty is over

5. Mortise

All our lock are korea made mortise not as good as the Y4109 or Y3109 as i personally think that their european mortise are worth investing. However if buyers whom are looking for something half the price you can look for me.

- You have wrong personal opinion on Euro profile mortise and Korean mortise. They are all good enough to serve thier purpose.

By FSB regulations both mortise are tested in PSB lab (fire registance and cyclic tests) and I understand all passed the tests for Singapore use

However not sure about parallel import mortises.

6. Overide Key

The main reason that gateman does not want to have any key holes is to prevent from key bumping or peeking. However if you think you will feel much secure with a key then i will recommend samsung to you.

- The reason Gateman does not have Override key is they are electronincs company while Samsung and Yale are doing constrcution related biz and they know what is required in the locks.

7. Wording on products and original manual

We have translate all the maunal booklet into english version and it is a summarise version which consist of only 2-5 pages. I will only email to buyers who have purchase the locks from us over the 2 years.

- One of Interlock websites has original maunal in pdf and used original manufacurers' design artworks in thier website.

However I'm not sure they obtained permission to use. To respect others' intellectual properties, hope parallel importers do not e-mail the duplicated copy of original manuals.

You will be in trouble

8. Group Buy Available

The reason why we retail low price to yield little amount of profit is to benefit those buyers who want such a luxury lock at the lowest price.

Our aim is not just profit but to make sure everybody can own a digital lock and benefit from it like i do.

I had created a facebook account recently and you can see the photo after installation takes place and none of them have complain about the lock so far.

- Group buy is good to negotiate price with sellers and it will be benefit for those paticipants.

I'd like suggest forum memebers to approch Samsung agent or Yale for proper products at better price for group buy rather than not suitable products at low price.

Here is in Singapore and not third world country.

www.interock.com.sg

Forum member to encourge to visit Samsung agent website, www.SamsungDigitalLife.com and Yale website, www.yalelock.com

THANKS FOR YOR TIME

Edited by whiteshark

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I have some correction on below to give correct information for those not so familiar with digital door locks.

Interlock ( Parallel importer for Samsung and Gateman digital lock )

THE MORE YOU READ THE MORE YOU PAY. BEST IS NOT TO READ AND JUST LOOK FOR THE BEST OFFER. Vendors just love to give all the FEAR UNCERTAINTY DOUBT, so that you will pay MORE.

A digital lock is a simple device. Its a lock with is operated electronically and the elctronics is the same type as can be found in a toy - much simpler than a PC. Don't fear or you will just pay more.

1. Warranty

We Provide 1 year warranty by parts.

However for the labour we will charge $80 per trip for any issue after the installation had completed.

Therefore we will be more responsive compared to free service provider

- Samsung agent and Yale do not charge any trip charges during thier warranty period of 2 years for Samsung and 1 year for Yale.

if someone call for service for 5 times due to mulfunction of lock in warrnty period, then he/she need to pay $400 for all trips and it might be more than lock price.

To be more responsible for service rather than responsive

If a lock fails so many times, then you shouldn't be buying locks in the first place. Locks are reliable - It should't fail (not even once)

2 Pin Code

The reason why our Samsung digital lock can change password easily because we import the latest new version that can used to configure remote controller

- Remote controller is all the time availabe as option for Samsung and Yale locks. Remote controller also set by the button in the battery compartment.

Remote controller is nothing to do with PIN and card registration.

By the way, does the parallel import goods obtained IDA approval to use that frequency in Singapore ?

The parallel imported remote controller is exactly the same as the other lock. The Singapore market is so small that Yale/Samsung will not bother to design a special remote controller for Singapore's IDA.

However if you want the older version of Samsung locks which requires old password to change password. We do have instock as we have partnership with one of the korea largest lock distributor and therefore we are able to obtain the latest SHS 2320 and SHS 5230.

- It is not the matter of older and newer versions. It is Samsung's policy to enhance authorised export version to have better security feature.

Having security PIN to enter into enrollment & detion of cards and changing password is definately higher security features even parallel importers want.

Imagine kid plays with lock and accidently press a button in the battery compartment and press numbers in the front panel.

What will happen. The PIN will be changed without their parents acknowledgement.

Unfortunately if the same day the whole family go for swimming pool but as usual didn't bring along the card.

I can imagine how embarassing moment they have.

As sooner or later, many people know the PIN and cards can be changed and registered without any permission from owner.

5 seconds is enough to giving a big security issue.

BEWARE of "FEAR UNCERTAINTY DOUBT". They are the obvious way to make you pay a higher price.

3 Humidity

We have install locks for over 2 years so far there is no issue or any prove that humidity will affect the lock. If anybody faces this problem you can post your story and share with us.

- Humidity affects corrosion of metal which is not properly treated. It is common sense in construction industy but not sure in consumer electronics industry.

I believe locks to be treated as construction goods although it is hightech featured.

BULL****!!!. Common business sense, the market for locks in the "humid regions" are so small that Samsung or Gateman WILL NOT invest in a special version for this region. (assuming that humidity is a problem - which is nonsensical) Ask the vendor to prove this. This is another FEAR UNCERTAINTY DOUBT introduced to increase price

4 Spare parts

We have over hundreds units of digital lock per model so it will be pretty hard for us to run out of spare parts. However for most case when the lock fails, majority of the installers will replace the whole pieces instead of part as it is very hard to identify which parts cause the failure. All i know installers only know how to install but only electronic engineers can identify the problem. Unless they hire engineer to service your lock then i will have nothing to say.

- I understand that parallel importers cannot get the parts form Korea. The reason charging for trip is to recover their lost as they cannot simply change the affected parts. In case the certain model is no longer produced by Samsung and Gateman then sooner or later their stocks for the model will run out.

Then how parallel import can service for lock. The only way is trade-in offer even lock can be serviced with small parts changes which may ask lock owners to spend more money for another locks and waste of goods

This would be a real issue if the locks are very prone to failure. Locks are designed to be robust and reliable. Another FEAR UNCERTAINTY DOUBT

5. Mortise

All our lock are korea made mortise not as good as the Y4109 or Y3109 as i personally think that their european mortise are worth investing. However if buyers whom are looking for something half the price you can look for me.

- You have wrong personal opinion on Euro profile mortise and Korean mortise. They are all good enough to serve thier purpose. By FSB regulations both mortise are tested in PSB lab and I understand all passed the test for Singapore use but not sure about parallel import mortises.

Let me assure everybody that the mortise of a parallel imported lock is excatly the same as the authorised distributor. The market in Singapore is too small for Samsung to bother about making a special mortsie for this market.

6. Overide Key

The main reason that gateman does not want to have any key holes is to prevent from key bumping or peeking. However if you think you will feel much secure with a key then i will recommend samsung to you.

- The reason Gateman does not have Override key is they are electronincs company while Samsung and Yale are doing constrcution related biz and they know what is required in the locks.

Overide Key has its disadvantage - you lose it and you will have to change your lock (ouch $1400??)

7. Wording on products and original manual

We have translate all the maunal booklet into english version and it is a summarise version which consist of only 2-5 pages. I will only email to buyers who have purchase the locks from us over the 2 years.

- One of Interlock websites has original maunal in pdf and used original manufacurers' design artworks in thier website.

However I'm not sure they obtained permission to use. To respect others' intellectual properties

As long as you know how to operate the lock - which customer will bother about this point except the vendor.

8. Group Buy Available

The reason why we retail low price to yield little amount of profit is to benefit those buyers who want such a luxury lock at the lowest price.

Our aim is not just profit but to make sure everybody can own a digital lock and benefit from it like i do.

I had created a facebook account recently and you can see the photo after installation takes place and none of them have complain about the lock so far.

- Group buy is good to negotiate price with sellers and it will be benefit for those paticipants.

I'd like suggest forum memebers to approch Samsung agent or Yale for proper products at better price for group buy rather than not suitable products at low price.

Here is in Singapore and not third world country.

If Samsung and Yale Gateman sells at the same price as the parallel importer, they would't be arguing about the above minor points. The fact is parallel imported is cheaper because locks are cheaper in Korea (because the market in Korea is much bigger). But we encourage the richer customers who can pay more to support our local distributors. How else can the rest of us enjoy good value if we have nobody to compare with? We need some richer customers to pay at full retail list!!!

www.interock.com.sg

Forum member to encourge to visit Samsung agent website, www.SamsungDigitalLife.com and Yale website, www.yalelock.com

THANKS FOR YOR TIME

Two years ago, Yale (Assa Abloy) does not have digital locks. They acquired Gateman in Korea and then sell them outside Korea.

The reason Yale Gateman locks are more expensive than Gateman locks in Korea is because, the market outside Korea is much smaller than Korea. To compensate for the smaller volume, the profit per lock mst be significantly higher to cover marketing and other overheads. (If you ever wonder why things are cheaper in the US compared to Singapore, the logic is the same - market size).

This gives rise to parallel imports in Singapore. Take the locks from Korea and sell in Singapore.

For me, wats the point to have another physical key to your 'keyless' lock ?? ur better off with a normal key & lock set.... Yes, granted, its for overwrite purpose but to be frank, will you EVER have the chance to use it ?? If its a keyless lock i'm buying, then why do i have to carry an overwrite key for the next 5-10 yrs in fear of lock malfunction ?? Best still, wat if u lose the overwrite key, will you not compromise the entire lockset ?? korea is a huge market and since Gateman is a dominant player there, dont you tink their product are safe enuff ?? wats up with the slightly bigger mortise ?? safer ?? if yes, how much more as compared to Gateman?? are there figues to prove or its more like a sales pitch ?? and is it worth it to pay much more since the 'cheaper' version is more than enuff to keep potential perpetrator at bay ?? PSB tested ?? good, but compared to the millions of Gateman users in Korea, sad to say, PSB certification just does not stack up....

Edited by het

Digital lock is juz for convenience, & not 4gettin fancy... I got 1, but i still got a duro gate lock. Call me kiasu, but i dun believe any1 trust digital lock 100% for security reasons.

Final pt: if both locks look da same, i rather choose da cheaper one, & save myself a couple of hundred bucks (my 2 cents worth)

Read for fun - but this is all too complicated; what matters is what matters (what a wise statement on my Saturday weekend!)

Price and utility matters (for an 'appliance').

We are all working adults with better things to do than to pay more than necessary (maybe iPhone may be an exception! but that's besides the point, and on 2nd thought, savings here may help fund the iPhone!).

Digital door locks are fun and practical. Just get it. You only think and worry when the prices are astronomical - but it shouldn't be for an 'appliance'.

Read for fun - but this is all too complicated; what matters is what matters (what a wise statement on my Saturday weekend!)

Price and utility matters (for an 'appliance').

We are all working adults with better things to do than to pay more than necessary (maybe iPhone may be an exception! but that's besides the point, and on 2nd thought, savings here may help fund the iPhone!).

Digital door locks are fun and practical. Just get it. You only think and worry when the prices are astronomical - but it shouldn't be for an 'appliance'.

well said....for me, digital lock falls under 'why pay more' category =)

Anyone got trouble with Ezon 5200/5120 (can't remb exactly, but the model has handle & touch screen, black color) or samsung digital lock in general?

I bought from Interlock on ebay, he was fast & efficient, the installation is good also. But it only worked for 2,3 mths. Later on, the door keeps beeping whole day (the sound similar to the one reminds us that the door is open).

Called him & no solution.

Then it suddenly was quiet again. But now, it beeps again all the time, sometime the autolock function can't work. We have to take the battery out & can't use at all.

Anyone experienced the same? Can advise me where I can get it fixed :( ? We paid $700 last year

Edited by ema82

My Samsung SHS-5120 (which should be the same as yours as I don't think there is a 5200) is working perfectly for the last 1+ year - and still does.

I suggest contacting the vendor again - I don't think forumers here fix digital door locks - but the only time I hear interesting sound is when the door is ajar (as a reminder to close) - or when the battery is low (as a reminder to replace the batteries). So yours does not sound right if it beeps whole day.

Call the vendor.

Anyone got trouble with Ezon 5200/5120 (can't remb exactly, but the model has handle & touch screen, black color) or samsung digital lock in general?

I bought from Interlock on ebay, he was fast & efficient, the installation is good also. But it only worked for 2,3 mths. Later on, the door keeps beeping whole day (the sound similar to the one reminds us that the door is open).

Then it suddenly was quiet again. But now, it beeps again all the time, sometime the autolock function can't work. We have to take the battery out & can't use at all.

Anyone experienced the same? Can advise me where I can get it fixed :( ? We paid $700 last year

This is a know Samsung 5120 (old model) problem. You should call Interlock at 98307788. If you had bought this lock under warranty, Interlock will honor your claims. If you are not covered under warranty, Interlock should be able to suggest a solution.

tts what we are talking abt.

"DON'T BUY FROM PARALLEL IMPORTERS"

they r just traders that hv very little knowledge & capital.

anyone can just buy a few from Korea & come SG & sell cheap cheap.

but when it comes to Technical troubleshoot, they cant solve it.

i gt the same similar beeping & cant autolock prob w/ Yale YDM4109. [which was working fine the day of install]

then my main-con's painter who repaint my door + door frame the next day &

they move the part on the door frame & my lock keeps beeping & cant auto lock.

tt was like 2pm on Sat afternoon & non of the painter or main-con can solve it, which i felt very stranded.

finally, i called the Yale local agent & they send down a Digital lock specialist within 2 hrs w/o much questions.

Ends up, there is nothing wrong w d lock.

Reason is the painter had remove the plate on d door frame to paint & touch up the holes.

then when he install it back, it wasnt aligned properly. so the locking latch cant align w the hole & start beeping.

cant imaging if i engage a HIT&RUN trader, i may have to sleep there to guard my things.

Hope ur lock is OK & just that the plate is out of place or d door had warped.

if not, u r throwing $700 down d drain.

Try contacting the local Samsung agent and see if they can help.

but i dun remember who is the local agent.

Hopefully someone here cn give u d contacts.

Edited by ejzoen

My Samsung SHS-5120 (which should be the same as yours as I don't think there is a 5200) is working perfectly for the last 1+ year - and still does.

I suggest contacting the vendor again - I don't think forumers here fix digital door locks - but the only time I hear interesting sound is when the door is ajar (as a reminder to close) - or when the battery is low (as a reminder to replace the batteries). So yours does not sound right if it beeps whole day.

Call the vendor.

Yes, it's 5120. It's supposed to beep only to remind to close door (beep beep), the battery can last 1 yr I heard. The vendor only has spare part, this seems like installation prob or software?

How do you know it's a known prob for 5120? I'm trying to find info to know which causes this but no info at all :(. Now even want to pay $ to fix it also hard. The only way is buy a new 1 to replace as the door only can be fit for this lock, else I have to change to new door if don't want to use this lock anymore =((.

This is a known SHS-5120 problem worldwide. Its widely reported in HK and China as well. We had returned these locks to Samsung and they have exchanged with new locks (we can do this for you if yours is under warranty). It affects some of the SHS-5120 (older model) whether by the local distributor or parallel importer.

You can just call the seller and you can still solve the problem and it will still be cheaper than had you bought from the local distributor, they would have charged you $1400 at that time.