Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Hi, I got an extraorder of yale YDR4110 that I may not use, If anyone wants to take over the order for $520 contact me 96714402 and I will liase with installers to install at your place. free installation and warranty applied of course.

first come first serve and serious buyers only. If no one takes I'll install at parents house or change to a yale safe which I may also offer here for sale.

thanks.

Edited by jazzfish

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am looking for a buyer for a brand new YDM4110 biometric lock. Negotiable price. Definitely much lower than current retail price of $688. Looking at around $500.. Serious buyer, pls call me @ 97490502..

Greetings, I'm also interested in getting a biometric lock for my place. Chance upon this forum just today. I'm very interested in purchasing the YDM 4109. Is the grp buy still on? Please pm me. A million thanks.

Hi Im interested in the YDM4109, please contact me at 81216147.

I read your earlier thread, its selling at lower price, anyway to get cheaper

Are you suggesting that YDM 4110 and Gateman F10 an identical product? :o

For buyers who are looking for YDM 4110 with installation at the lowest price.

You can consider getting the Gateman F10 at $450. It is an identical product, just that the registration instruction is in korean.

hi dex,

i've been looking at digital locks for a couple of months already. and from what i've gathered, yes, the YDR4110 is the same stuff as the Gateman F10. apparently this situation came about cos Yale bought over Gateman and started using Gateman's digital lock technology. at least, tt's wat i read in the earlier part of my search. can't remember the details liao. didn't really bother cos after all my reno stuff, the digital locks became out of my budget....haha...

Guest Yale

Hi matter of fact, both are identical products. Except YDR4110 has english manual, and the lock has english voice guide. With english voice guide, you can easily program the digital door lock without having to refer to the instruction manuals. F10 is in Korean.

Just some general facts. Gateman locks are meant for their domestic market, thus all the Korean languages, while Yale locks are meant for export markets.

Guest Yale
hi dex,

i've been looking at digital locks for a couple of months already. and from what i've gathered, yes, the YDR4110 is the same stuff as the Gateman F10. apparently this situation came about cos Yale bought over Gateman and started using Gateman's digital lock technology. at least, tt's wat i read in the earlier part of my search. can't remember the details liao. didn't really bother cos after all my reno stuff, the digital locks became out of my budget....haha...

Thats so sad to hear! But a digital door lock is prob just 1% or 2 % of your total renovation cost?! With the convenience and peace of mind it provides, you should really re-consider it. Not to mention the 'cool' factor to WOW your friends when you hold some parties. I'm sure it will put a smile on your face everyday, everytime you uses it!!! It wwill be prob one of the most practical gadget you invest it.

:paint:

hi dex,

Like Yale said, its really cool. but on top of being cool, i personally think its Convenient.

i would suggest you to learn more abt the installation of the lock u like,

then when u install ur normal door & lock, Keep a provision for the digital lock.

so in future, of any chance, if u wish to install it does not hv much Alteration & cn flawlessly blend in...

u never know when u strike 4d or suddenly get a super Affordable deal tt meets ur budget.

so its like saving urself an option... [like wat all consultant will say]

Cheers!!

Hi,

I am thinking of getting the YDM 4109 digital lock for my HDB flat but i have some questions about the lock.

if i install it on my main door, i worried that the front sliding part where it can insert the battery, mechanical key hole and reset buttons that are facing the front, will it get tamper if i don't put a padlock on my gate?

if i install another digital lock (like YDM 4110) on my gate, do i need to change to a new grilled gate that with narrow metals design to prevent hands from unlocking from behind the gate?

Guest Yale
I have some correction on below to give correct information for those not so familiar with digital door locks.

Interlock ( Parallel importer for Samsung and Gateman digital lock )

1. Warranty

We Provide 1 year warranty by parts.

However for the labour we will charge $80 per trip for any issue after the installation had completed.

Therefore we will be more responsive compared to free service provider

- Samsung agent and Yale do not charge any trip charges during thier warranty period of 2 years for Samsung and 1 year for Yale.

if someone call for service for 5 times due to mulfunction of lock in warrnty period, then he/she need to pay $400 for all trips and it might be more than lock price.

To be more responsible for service rather than responsive

2 Pin Code

The reason why our Samsung digital lock can change password easily because we import the latest new version that can used to configure remote controller

- Remote controller is all the time availabe as option for Samsung and Yale locks. Remote controller also set by the button in the battery compartment.

Remote controller is nothing to do with PIN and card registration.

By the way, does the parallel import goods obtained IDA approval to use that frequency in Singapore ?

However if you want the older version of Samsung locks which requires old password to change password. We do have instock as we have partnership with one of the korea largest lock distributor and therefore we are able to obtain the latest SHS 2320 and SHS 5230.

- You may share the name of the biggest lock distributor in Korea whether it is true or not.

It is not the matter of older and newer versions.

It is Samsung's policy to enhance authorised export versions to have better security feature.

Having security PIN to enter into enrollment & detion of cards and changing password is definately higher security features even parallel importers want.

Imagine kid plays with lock and accidently press a button in the battery compartment and press numbers in the front panel.

What will happen. The PIN will be changed without their parents acknowledgement.

Unfortunately if the same day the whole family go for swimming pool but as usual didn't bring along the card.

I can imagine how embarassing moment they have.

As sooner or later, many people know the PIN and cards can be changed and registered without any permission from owner.

5 seconds is enough to giving a big security issue.

3 Humidity

We have install locks for over 2 years so far there is no issue or any prove that humidity will affect the lock. If anybody faces this problem you can post your story and share with us.

- Humidity affects corrosion of metal if it is not properly treated. It is common sense in construction industy but not sure in consumer electronics industry.

I believe locks to be treated as construction goods although it is hightech featured.

4 Spare parts

We have over hundreds units of digital lock per model so it will be pretty hard for us to run out of spare parts. However for most case when the lock fails, majority of the installers will replace the whole pieces instead of part as it is very hard to identify which parts cause the failure. All i know installers only know how to install but only electronic engineers can identify the problem. Unless they hire engineer to service your lock then i will have nothing to say.

- I understand that parallel importers cannot get the parts form Korea. The reason charging for trip is to recover their lost as they cannot simply change the affected parts. In case the certain model is no longer produced by Samsung and Gateman then sooner or later their stocks for the model will run out.

Then how parallel imported goods can be serviced. The only way is trade-in offer even lock can be serviced with small parts changes which may ask lock owners to spend more money for another locks and waste of goods or don't care as warranty is over

5. Mortise

All our lock are korea made mortise not as good as the Y4109 or Y3109 as i personally think that their european mortise are worth investing. However if buyers whom are looking for something half the price you can look for me.

- You have wrong personal opinion on Euro profile mortise and Korean mortise. They are all good enough to serve thier purpose.

By FSB regulations both mortise are tested in PSB lab (fire registance and cyclic tests) and I understand all passed the tests for Singapore use

However not sure about parallel import mortises.

6. Overide Key

The main reason that gateman does not want to have any key holes is to prevent from key bumping or peeking. However if you think you will feel much secure with a key then i will recommend samsung to you.

- The reason Gateman does not have Override key is they are electronincs company while Samsung and Yale are doing constrcution related biz and they know what is required in the locks.

7. Wording on products and original manual

We have translate all the maunal booklet into english version and it is a summarise version which consist of only 2-5 pages. I will only email to buyers who have purchase the locks from us over the 2 years.

- One of Interlock websites has original maunal in pdf and used original manufacurers' design artworks in thier website.

However I'm not sure they obtained permission to use. To respect others' intellectual properties, hope parallel importers do not e-mail the duplicated copy of original manuals.

You will be in trouble

8. Group Buy Available

The reason why we retail low price to yield little amount of profit is to benefit those buyers who want such a luxury lock at the lowest price.

Our aim is not just profit but to make sure everybody can own a digital lock and benefit from it like i do.

I had created a facebook account recently and you can see the photo after installation takes place and none of them have complain about the lock so far.

- Group buy is good to negotiate price with sellers and it will be benefit for those paticipants.

I'd like suggest forum memebers to approch Samsung agent or Yale for proper products at better price for group buy rather than not suitable products at low price.

Here is in Singapore and not third world country.

www.interock.com.sg

Forum member to encourge to visit Samsung agent website, www.SamsungDigitalLife.com and Yale website, www.yalelock.com

THANKS FOR YOR TIME

:horse: www.yaleasia.com

Edited by Yale

O M G ! ! !

After hearing what YALE & Affordable luxury got to say about Digital lock from local & parallel agents.

It seems no point to buy from parallel importers.

How **** cheap can it be???

When shops dump goods way below normal price. there must be sm trade-off.

In this case, Parallel imports may buy in cheap goods from manufactures to sell cheap price.

but if factory sell cheap goods, maybe they're Lower quality parts, use out-dated parts,

or even defected parts when the buyers will never get to release after use.

& when failure occurs, they can blame it on mis-use by users [or installer for this case]

And that will never be merchants or dealers fault. but who is there provide Technical advise.

Let me share my personal experience.

I used to work in a Japanese firm in Jarkata, doing accounts payable.

There are plenty of agents supplying to us,

Counter-proposing "EQUILVALENT" goods which they claim to be OEM from SAME FACTORY.

& when equipments arrive & commission to use we made the full payment.

Price maybe 40% lower but it broke down within 10 months, they cant support system & r very reluctant to service.

Clients filed for LDs & flew in technicians from "same factory' to service the equipments.

they claimed that the product is a copy from competitor, parts used are of poorer materials & parts are also slightly imperfect.

meaning they may have used defective parts to assemble.

reason for this is that the BUYER SQUEEZED they manufacture for lowest price,

& manufacturers lower quality goods r produced to meet the budget.

my prev company save $80k buying "equivalent" but end up with client's damages for $60K, $10k for legal, $40k replacements.

if this can happen in biz to biz, this is lagi common in biz to consumers.

Sometimes clothes can buy cheap cheap, if it spoils just change. no harm trying

but if u have fittings, in this case your main door lock, that are of poorer quality it would end up costing more to replace.

$450/unit from parallel agent.

+ $100+ for install

+ $80 x a few times for failure of goods

beyond repair

+ buy another set?

+ all ur time calling & cursing the agent, getting nagged by ur wife?

You reckon what is ur final price u pay?

where as, if u buy $1000k from agent

- installation covered

- free repair for failure of goods

+ better quality = longer lifespan

U actually pay less with a better peace in mind.

Be wise & do the right thing, if u think u cant afford the real thing,

dun settle for "equivalent" that claims to do the same, end of the day.

u end up paying more.

I've been a very keen buyer, reading many related older post back to 1year ago.

I do observe many ppl who share honest feedback

& a couple of hard sellers that dominates threads with over defensive posts claiming product are 'Equivalent" & covering flaws.

God knows what benefits they are getting, probably getting handsome commission if they secure a sale.

I had spoken to many agents [authorized & parallel], miss a couple of powerhouse group buys & even tried a group buy which didn't work.

Kudos to those that offer true value & be warned that there are dodgy hard seller. U can easily tell after reading for a while.

Edited by dr.tran