Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Hi, can anyone advice me whether any Yale or Samsung digital door lock model support Ezlink card and Fingerprint? Thanks.

Hi everyone,

am considering to get digital lock for home....any recommendations pls?

whats the best deal I can get for <$500, any online sales for it plus installation?

Thanks very much.

Edited by kow123

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
This is a known SHS-5120 problem worldwide. Its widely reported in HK and China as well. We had returned these locks to Samsung and they have exchanged with new locks (we can do this for you if yours is under warranty). It affects some of the SHS-5120 (older model) whether by the local distributor or parallel importer.

You can just call the seller and you can still solve the problem and it will still be cheaper than had you bought from the local distributor, they would have charged you $1400 at that time.

Those problem comes mainly from Parallel import goods which used different components which is may not suitable for tropical weather.

Yes. there are plenty of parellel importers not only in HK and China but also in Singapore.

Those owners having problem with parallel import goods may contact authorised agent for trade in offers.

Offer cannot be more than current retail price. It should be reasonable price.

Ezlink card is a unique card system used in Singapore and not common in other countries unless its technology adoptedd by other countries.

If you are going to use fingerprint lock then you may not need to use card as your finger is the key.

The most of current fingerprint door locks come with alternative access modes such as PIN and bypass key (Authorised Samsung and Yale).

Hi, can anyone advice me whether any Yale or Samsung digital door lock model support Ezlink card and Fingerprint? Thanks.

Guys... look at this.

It didn't even take 3 seconds for the guy to bypass the digital lock with that bypass tool.

Found Mechanical Digital Door Lock related video which is available in UK.

Edited by whiteshark

YDM4109 for sale @ $850.00 include installation by ASSA ABLOY installer.

YDR4110 for sale @ $450.00 include installation by ASSA ABLOY installer.

Sets are still with ASSA ABLOY, and warranty will start from date of installation.

Bought it but couldn't install it as my condo dun allow me to remove the pull handle!

Email me if keen! Brand New Set!! You save $538 for 4109, and $238 for 4110!!!

guliseng@yahoo.com.sg Dun PM me, there is something wrong with my PM.

Thanks!

Liseng

hi,

is there any more groupbuy fr yale digital lock? TIA!

Just saw this thread, should have shared this with you guys earlier.

I just saw a deal over @ IKEA last weekend.

They are partnering with IKEA a promo which is 20% off RRP for Yale digital lock,

Group buy rates also gives ard 20% off price.

i think IKEA's promo is faster & less problematic.

cos I ever did 2 group buys for Yale digital lock last year, its quite hard to pull it off.

I googled the link from IKEA, so you can check out which merchants are participating.

http://www.ikea-friends.com/en/partners/

Edited by ejzoen

i would be interested in a group buy too. Currently looking at the ydm4109 for under 1k. I'm also looking for a safe. any lobangs? thanks

I got the Yale 3110 from Contat Decor in Bedok. Don't think it's the best price but very good service. If you don't want to worry about stuff then I suggest you give them a call.

edit: fyi, apparently the locks branded gateman are old stock and the new ones should be branded yale. I'm not sure what the difference could be, but perhaps some new features?

Edited by january

YDM4109 for sale @ $850.00 include installation by ASSA ABLOY installer.

YDR4110 for sale @ $450.00 include installation by ASSA ABLOY installer.

Sets are still with ASSA ABLOY, and warranty will start from date of installation.

Bought it but couldn't install it as my condo dun allow me to remove the pull handle!

Email me if keen! Brand New Set!! You save $538 for 4109, and $238 for 4110!!!

guliseng@yahoo.com.sg or PM me!!!

Thanks!

Liseng

does anyone know where to purchase in local and install for metal gate digital lock?

It require dual side lock. Those Samsung or Yale only have 1 side

fingerprint + digital + key

dual-digital-lock.jpg

Noticed many forumer have installed digital lock for their main door, but how about the main metal door ?

Is there such digital lock for the main metal door of HDB ?

Think its kind of useless to install digital lock for main door but still have to use key to open the main metal door....

i had found it for u. For metal gate door, u require dual digital lock. Price range from USD$500 ~ 1000

maybe u get search around internet. Those in shop selling digital fingerprint lock is single side, for wooden door.

the cheapest i found is this type:

dual-digital-lock.jpg

Edited by tailgatepro

You are unable to install this lock onto your gate.

1- the thickness of the metal gate is too narrow and think in order to install the lock

2- the gate digital lock you shown us, is too long and most gate does not have enough space at the centre to install it

3- the handle of this digital lock will hit the original lock handle which make it unable to close.

For the gate, the best solution would still be the number peg lock. There are many number turn peg lock in the market at various price.

For more details, you may consult me.

huh? i prefer fingerprint bcos is keyless.

I don;t like number lock but the pic is show also have number lock in case fingerprint unable to scan. the best part is that, it also have the option for using key if

both number lock and fingerprint is faulty.

U sure the digital fingerprint lock cannot install to my HDB metal gate?

Edited by tailgatepro

For those of you using the samsung shs-5120, what is the depth of the entire lock? will it fit a normal hdb door with metal gate?