Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

I saw in some mags they've got these black tiles that give a 3D-effect... I think they look very cool! You can check them out and see if they fit your budget.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest our-home
oh no. ID juz called to say black gloss tiles for common bathroom cannot use. cos all tiles shop advise dat this tile discolor very easily n easily scratched. :furious:

back to searching for tiles again :jawdrop:

Still have time to choose new tiles.

Countdown to hacking day: 7 Oct.

Be happy!

I saw in some mags they've got these black tiles that give a 3D-effect... I think they look very cool! You can check them out and see if they fit your budget.

the prob is i need simple black tiles to go with my floral mirror tiles. else de bathroom will look too complicated? :(

Still have time to choose new tiles.

Countdown to hacking day: 7 Oct.

Be happy!

yeah. this wkend meet up with my ID n discuss again. yea!! first countdown is 2nd appt. next countdown is hacking day :dancingqueen:

floorplan.gif

sian. now hdb chu pattern.

tell me the wall i wanna hack (btw kitchen n living room) near the sink area is a column n can't hack. :furious:

how can in the floorplan nv show it's a column, suddenly submit reno application become column n can't hack? hdb hopeless. :bangwall:

sian. now hdb chu pattern.

tell me the wall i wanna hack (btw kitchen n living room) near the sink area is a column n can't hack. :furious:

how can in the floorplan nv show it's a column, suddenly submit reno application become column n can't hack? hdb hopeless. :bangwall:

How about you don't hack the entire wall? Perhaps you can just hack half of the wall and glass it up to still give it an open-concept feel, avoiding the place where the column is? Is this possible?

wa... need to hang flower there as decor liaoz....

erms. wat do u mean by hang flower? :unsure:

How about you don't hack the entire wall? Perhaps you can just hack half of the wall and glass it up to still give it an open-concept feel, avoiding the place where the column is? Is this possible?

de prob now is, hdb can't even tell my ID exactly how big is this column that they are saying we can't hack. n if dey can't tell us, how are we going to further plan for our kitchen. am considering doing close concept kitchen. but tat would oso mean i have wasted money buying all de fanciful kitchen fittings :bangwall:

n have to start sourcing the forum all over again for ideas on close concept kitchen. can anyone share pics or tell me whose hm kitchen is nice? :notti:

so many things happen the last wk.

1) hdb rejected our reno application indicating that the wall we are trying to hack is a column

2) collect keys from hdb on 03.10.08

3) go to red apple to confirm furniture and arrange delivery on early dec

4) bought mitsubishi sys 3 non-inverter r410 gas aircon from gain city

5) went with ID to site to hack down the kitchen cabinet

6) verified that it is really a column even though it's not indicated on the floorplan bought from hdb

7) settled n finalised tiles after realising the tiles that we have previously selected is prone to scratches

8) drop by chelsea lighting and shortlisted the lights that we are interested in

9) ID submitted the new reno application permit indicating the walls to hack again, excluding the column

now practically waiting for hdb to approve the reno application n we can start hacking!! let's all pray that i can start reno soon :yamseng:

1) hdb rejected our reno application indicating that the wall we are trying to hack is a column

6) verified that it is really a column even though it's not indicated on the floorplan bought from hdb

7) settled n finalised tiles after realising the tiles that we have previously selected is prone to scratches

8) drop by chelsea lighting and shortlisted the lights that we are interested in

9) ID submitted the new reno application permit indicating the walls to hack again, excluding the column

now practically waiting for hdb to approve the reno application n we can start hacking!! let's all pray that i can start reno soon :yamseng:

wahh ur last week jin happening leh....sometimes HDB a bit cock up one! nw im praying hard they approved my request to hack away the beam at balcony

wahh ur last week jin happening leh....sometimes HDB a bit cock up one! nw im praying hard they approved my request to hack away the beam at balcony

haha. ya lo. like roller coaster. excited to get key, but dissapointed cos cannot hack wall. so many things happening over that week. hopefully this week will be more peaceful. juz hope hdb approve everything soon, n den can reno lo :(

haha. ya lo. like roller coaster. excited to get key, but dissapointed cos cannot hack wall. so many things happening over that week. hopefully this week will be more peaceful. juz hope hdb approve everything soon, n den can reno lo :(

Post more pix when it's started ya? :sport-smiley-004:

congrats for getting keys liao... yup, hope to see ya pictures soon too. :)

Hee... I am getting the StarMex non Inverter Syste 3 also. Is your model the MUX3BD23VB + MS-B10VB x 3?

Yours come with how many years warranty?

hey congrats to ur new place~~!! btw so how long does it take to apply for the reno permit??

Post more pix when it's started ya? :sport-smiley-004:

yeah yeah. i went in over the weekends n saw the ID's man removing the kitchen cabinet to verify if it's really a rc column (n it really is :( ) nv take pics though, cos dey were too noisy for me to realise i was there to take pics 8|

congrats for getting keys liao... yup, hope to see ya pictures soon too. :)

Hee... I am getting the StarMex non Inverter Syste 3 also. Is your model the MUX3BD23VB + MS-B10VB x 3?

Yours come with how many years warranty?

yeah! finally get keys after the long long wait since i signed otp in june -_-"

i dun have my invoice with me at the moment. but i know is r410 gas one, cos i opt for tat.

warranty? i not sure wor. standard 1yr + 2yrs i think

hey congrats to ur new place~~!! btw so how long does it take to apply for the reno permit??

wow. i submitted the reno permit application on 23sep, got rejected on 30th cos i applied to hack a rc column which wasn't indicated on my floor plan :(

nobody could tell me how big was this rc column, nor how big the wall i can hack. so i waited till 4oct to verify with my ID after i got my keys, today 6oct, my ID continued the application process indicating the columns length n applied for other walls to be hacked!

waiting for hdb to get back to me. not sure usually how long, but my ID says it's 7-10days if u r hacking any walls. otherwise, normal reno is juz 3days to apply.

warranty? i not sure wor. standard 1yr + 2yrs i think

wow. i submitted the reno permit application on 23sep, got rejected on 30th cos i applied to hack a rc column which wasn't indicated on my floor plan :(

nobody could tell me how big was this rc column, nor how big the wall i can hack. so i waited till 4oct to verify with my ID after i got my keys, today 6oct, my ID continued the application process indicating the columns length n applied for other walls to be hacked!

waiting for hdb to get back to me. not sure usually how long, but my ID says it's 7-10days if u r hacking any walls. otherwise, normal reno is juz 3days to apply.

Warranty wise... mine is 1yr for parts and fan coil units; 5yrs for the compressor.

Good that you have applied for the reno permit before u even get the key. If you only start applying the first time after collection of keys, your reno will start even later. All the best to you!