Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I would go for the dangling light. It will go well against your red feature wall. The black pendant is too dark and won't stand out.

Edited by mmycheng

Hehehe.. red feature wall very drama, should have drama lights to go with it woh. Hehehe.. can vote again? The black pendant light! :P But then agn, gota see the size of ur dining area. If small small and the light too big oso no good. :notti: Then if dining area big big and the lights too small (the dangling ones look small fr the pic), then will look abit empty.

Edited by Angel81

I would go for the dangling light. It will go well against your red feature wall. The black pendant is too dark and won't stand out.

erms... but i tot black on red will stand out? :dunno: hehe. so u changed ur vote to dangling? :unsure:

anyway it's now

dangling light: 4 + 1(hubby)

black pendant: 2 + 1(me)

red pendant: 0

Hehehe.. red feature wall very drama, should have drama lights to go with it woh. Hehehe.. can vote again? The black pendant light! :P But then agn, gota see the size of ur dining area. If small small and the light too big oso no good. :notti: Then if dining area big big and the lights too small (the dangling ones look small fr the pic), then will look abit empty.

hehe. there is no feature wall wor. juz a wall painted red. no money to do so many feature wall. very costly leh :(

de area i dunno considered big or not. 3.2m X 2.6m? de black pendant light is abt 0.5-07m? hehe. nv measure actually :unsure:

common bathroom deco tiles - mirror liked (the rest are black tiles too, simple one though)

P1030498.jpg

great choice for your tiles~ i wanted to get this tile as a deco piece for my toilets too..but its too expensive i feel..are u putting a lot in your toilet?

wah mwerkz

very fast!

congrats

finally started liao

where u see these lights from?

i choose the 3 dangling lights!

more matching for the rectangular table

great choice for your tiles~ i wanted to get this tile as a deco piece for my toilets too..but its too expensive i feel..are u putting a lot in your toilet?

nonono. i m not using this for the whole toilet, not even one piece of wall. juz one row of these tiles. too costly even if i were to use it only for one piece of the toilet wall... 11bucks/psf :jawdrop:

wah mwerkz

very fast!

congrats

finally started liao

where u see these lights from?

i choose the 3 dangling lights!

more matching for the rectangular table

ya lo. finally started.

i went to chelsea lightings to find the lights. erms. y does everyone like de 3 dangling lights? i find them not so impact leh.

anyway voting count update:

3 dangling lights - 5+1

black pendant - 2+1

red pendant - 0

Hehehehe.. well, the dangling one will be more suitable for rectangle table. But i still tink the black pendant one is nice! :P

i tot black pendant on rectangle table oso nice? let me go find one. i remember somewhere got red wall with black chandlier. very nice oso.

some advises needed.

PART 1

wat is the usual depth of the kitchen cabinet?

my ID is proposing 23inch (58cm+) for the suspended side and (24inch/61cm-column depth) for the full height cabinet used to hide the water pipes.

he's asking me if i want 61cm depth for the island which is next to the full height cabinet used to hide the water pipes, which i find abit too small for an island.

so i m thinking of making the island depth 75cm, extending inwards into the kitchen space. is this feasible? or should i juz leave the island depth to be 61cm, aligning it with the column+full height cabinet? or wat is the usual depth of an island?

PART 2

just realise the mbr bathroom is not as big as we imagine it out to be. it's abt 2.2m in length excluding the 2 walls. my ID is suggesting my shower area with shower screen to be 75cm, vanity top 75cm, the remaining to be the toilet bowl. cos he is afraid the leg space for the wc will be cramp. is 75cm width for showering too cramp?

ideas pls. thanx :(

i find that the 3-pendant light very common liao leh

i have one but use it as my balcony light :lol:

for island, i personally find that it should be at least double the usual cabinet depth

if not it's just a normal cabinet not leaning against the wall :dunno:

75cm wide for shower area?

that seems to be quite narrow wor

if me sure hit here hit there one

but then me is one chor loh person :P

i find that the 3-pendant light very common liao leh

i have one but use it as my balcony light :lol:

for island, i personally find that it should be at least double the usual cabinet depth

if not it's just a normal cabinet not leaning against the wall :dunno:

75cm wide for shower area?

that seems to be quite narrow wor

if me sure hit here hit there one

but then me is one chor loh person :P

ya. i oso find the dangling light abit common, tat was y i noticed the black pendant light. anyway still need consider.

i oso wan de island to be as big as possible, but if no space, den oso bo bian leh :(

anyway, more photos for today, actually nothing much, juz finished hacking n with sand all over

tiles delivered n lying on my living room floor:

entrance_living.jpg

living looking into kitchen:

living_kitchen.jpg

closeup of kitchen (hole is rubbish chute -_-"):

kitchen-3.jpg

from dining looking at the entrance:

dining_entrance.jpg

common bathroom:

dining_entrance.jpg

from bedroom 2 looking at the entrance:

bedroom2_entrance.jpg

completely hacked study room:

studyroom.jpg

looking at dining area from study room:

study_dining.jpg

bedroom2 opp my mbr:

bedroom2-1.jpg

mbr:

mbr-1.jpg

mbr bathroom (c de stupid window there, so low. now wondering how to do my mirror :( ):

mbr_br.jpg

mbr's wiw (merged original storeroom with mbr):

mbr_wiw.jpg

ya. i oso find the dangling light abit common, tat was y i noticed the black pendant light. anyway still need consider.

i oso wan de island to be as big as possible, but if no space, den oso bo bian leh :(

anyway, more photos for today, actually nothing much, juz finished hacking n with sand all over

from dining looking at the entrance:

dining_entrance.jpg

common bathroom:

dining_entrance.jpg

Hee... same photo?

wow. That's really a lot of hacking you'd done there. Really can't wait to see more work being done rite? :)