Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

waiting for hdb to get back to me. not sure usually how long, but my ID says it's 7-10days if u r hacking any walls. otherwise, normal reno is juz 3days to apply.

Wow take so long to process the application, really :bangwall::bangwall:

Hope everything turns out smooth for ur application.

Still waiting for your new house to be ready, than i can bring my little devil to ur house to create havoc :P:P just joking la.

Waiting for more pics to :dribble::dribble:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Warranty wise... mine is 1yr for parts and fan coil units; 5yrs for the compressor.

Good that you have applied for the reno permit before u even get the key. If you only start applying the first time after collection of keys, your reno will start even later. All the best to you!

mine is juz standard warranty for the aircon. i din opt for any extended warranty. actually still unsure whether to go for extended. erms...

Wow take so long to process the application, really :bangwall::bangwall:

Hope everything turns out smooth for ur application.

Still waiting for your new house to be ready, than i can bring my little devil to ur house to create havoc :P:P just joking la.

Waiting for more pics to :dribble::dribble:

yeah!! id have decided to start hacking on mon while waiting for hdb to approve of the hacking of the kitchen wall. seems like architectural dept of HQ have approved the wall to be hacked, while structural dept have not get back to us. so how long do we have to wait? :furious:

yeah!! hacking started today!! dey were still clearing the debris when i reached abt 7pm. anyway, let the pics do the talking :notti:

taken from main door looking into the living room:

P1030539.jpg

turning right from the main door looking into the walkway to the room:

P1030538.jpg

living room overlooking into kitchen & dining area (hacked of the wall here to do open-concept kitchen - de unhacked part is a column :bangwall: )

P1030537.jpg

from the dining area, overlooking into the study room (hacked of wall here to do glass panel)

P1030541.jpg

mbr looking into storeroom (hacked of wall here to do wiw :sport-smiley-003:)

P1030543.jpg

mbr bathroom still not hacked completely:

P1030542.jpg

lastly, de destruction uncleared:

P1030540.jpg

the combined mbr+storeroom (original bedroom entrance on the left, storeroom entrance on the right)

P1030544.jpg

some other photos of the tiles to share with all of u

mbr bathroom tiles (mostly the black one. the white ones are more like deco tiles) from LSH:

P1030507.jpg

common bathroom deco tiles - mirror liked (the rest are black tiles too, simple one though)

P1030498.jpg

oso went shopping for lights 2wks ago, but was lazy to upload the pics. mostly using plc for most areas, except for kitchen+toilet lights which i m too lazy to take pics of.

study room light:

P1030529.jpg

shortlisted 3dining lights. not sure which to get yet:

P1030531.jpg

P1030532.jpg

P1030535.jpg

any suggestions?

oso went shopping for lights 2wks ago, but was lazy to upload the pics. mostly using plc for most areas, except for kitchen+toilet lights which i m too lazy to take pics of.

study room light:

P1030529.jpg

i also bought these lights for my study and guest room! how much are u being quoted?

wah.. hacking begins! it's very exciting to see the diff stages of one's house transformation de. =)

study room light:

P1030529.jpg

i also bought these lights for my study and guest room! how much are u being quoted?

wah.. hacking begins! it's very exciting to see the diff stages of one's house transformation de. =)

erms. can't remember the exact cost leh. i think is 130 or something like tat. haven paid u c. but i have it written somewhere at home. let me check it out first.

yeah. so excited when i c the hacking :dancingqueen:

hey, how come the pix all got the water or stains spots????

the lights are nice leh!

I think caused by dusts... it's very visible when flash is used...

mwerkz,

Those tiles pics u showing are taken from the shop itself is it?

hey, how come the pix all got the water or stains spots????

the lights are nice leh!

hehe. i oso dunno. but i think is de dust all ard. super dusty de whole house now. hubby going down tml to speak to de ID. everything shuld be completely hacked by than. so we'll c if there is any new pics to update. else, will juz have to wait till sat when i drop by the flat to monitor the progress, since my ID wil be out of town dis wkend :(

I think caused by dusts... it's very visible when flash is used...

mwerkz,

Those tiles pics u showing are taken from the shop itself is it?

yeah. the tiles were taken from the tiles shop a fw weeks back. took so many pics. finally shortlisted to these 2 :dancingqueen:

agree with angel

somemore the first one cannot be used if getting a round dining table :notti:

alright. so currently 2 votes for the big round lights. but anyway my dining table is rectangular :notti:

n de reason y i hesitating to get this light is becos, de light can only drop by 0.8m n my ceiling is close to 2.9m, so abit worried it'll be a little short. wonder how low will my false ceiling at that area be..

Edited by mwerkz

You want your house to be monochromatic in colour? If so, then go for the black/silver ones. My personal preference is to use a brighter colour for the lights to create a visual contrast. The lights can also match other furnishings like dining light with dining table/chairs, living room lights with curtains/sofa and bedroom lights with curtains/bed. Just some suggestions. :)

The 3 drop down lights represent Fu Lu Shou in Feng Shui, one of the books that i read about. And also help to distribute the length.

my dining light quite far away from my dining table too

coz i don't like to hit my head on the lights

especially when you stand up to serve something to a guest

or trying to put food in your loved ones bowl :bleah:

erms.. i'm oso at a lost. all de lights i like

3 dangling light: can set all to diff length, n it's longer

black pendant light: unique, but length is short

red pendant light: common, but like de design (might take black version instead, since de wall ard dining area is red+white, with kitchen oso red+white)

so troublesome :dunno: but i might go for the black pendant light. cos 1 of my wall at dining area is red, so the light shuld suit there pretty well?

VOTES Now:

dangling light - 1 + 1(hubby)

black pendant - 2 + 1(me)

red pendant - 1

Edited by mwerkz