Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

I think it's a busy season for them and they all cannot manage with so many enquiries i think. Just add that to your reject list lah.

I remember I went to 5 different ID companies...

2 of which the designs I liked and had a good feeling about (of which 1 of them i selected eventually)

1 quoted very quickly but didn't get a good vibe from salesperson

1 didn't reply after 1st round discussion when they found out my budget was too low for their liking

1 didn't even reply despite waiting for 1 month and sending 3 reminders (a very popular company somemore!)

1 left the original company i approached for a quote, took my contact to his new company and quoted me from there...after 2 weeks, he emailed me with another quote from another new company! Win liao...

So don't worry pinkpetter, we all have our 'experiences' with IDs...i hope some of them are reading this and learning that service and first impressions are very important...Anyway, IDs are aplenty out there...throw a stone and you can knock on a door so just continue searching and let go of those cannot make it ones...

heh Thanks for your advice mmycheng. Then I know I'm not alone! :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Pinkpetter, just dun let IDs or contractors goad you into doing something else extra. You do not need extra as long as you know what you and your family require best. :)

Most importantly is, get a breakdown of the items listed so you'd roughly know how much psf for tiles for example unless you get the tiles direct from the tile shop. :)

The best is not go for those with package one. Let's say the package got 20 items, if you want to take out 2 items, they give very little discount one, forcing you to take all, paying for some thing you don't need at all.

Hi morning Dew. Thanks for your advice. I reckon that's what people do. But in fact even when I don't take the package now they are also marking up prices cos I dun have much carpentry. That's what I suspect la.

Anyway now waiting for final quotes... I really hope can meet our budget or reasonable at least. Cannot afford to go over an inch.

I think.. if this final quote doesn't work... then we will coordinate ourselves liao... have to be brave and more hardworking.

*jia you jia you jia you*

By the way... the most expensive quote I've ever gotten for my meagre list of things... is $34k. POWER hor.

Final liao.

Demolition works

Hack all existing floor tiles in living, balcony and bedrooms

Hack off 2 existing toilet bowls

Hack 6ft full height wall between hall and kitchen at the main entrance

Hack existing balcony sliding panel (remove)

Dismantle kitchen cabinets and sink support

Haulage

Masonry Works

Supply and Lay 600mmX600mm homo tiles in living, bedrooms and balcony.

Levelling of balcony area

2" homo skirting

Kitchen cabinet base

washing machine base

7ft full height hollow block wall for Study/bed room 4

Carpentry Works

Fabricate and install 12ft bottom cabinet with solid surface worktop

Fabricate and install top cabinets (about 9ft)

Fabricate and install bow-up kitchen cabinet for pipes

Glass/Aluminium Works

3 track sliding Windows at Balcony

Plumbing Works

Run Piping for Sink and Washing Machine

Outlet pipe for W/M

Misc Works

Acid Wash

1 door frame and door for Study/Bedroom 4

hi skywolf... congrats for me finalising my list? heh i haven't confirmed my reno people yet. :) But thanks. I guess reno is always full of ups and downs. :P

Hi pinkpetter, just to share, when u look for contractor, I think no need to get them to do haulage for you cos it has to go through the town council and you pay them directly anyway.

mmycheng!! thanks for that! I was just thinking about that. Just pay HDB direct to arrange for the bin and then no need to pay double...

wasn't sure if it was do-able.

Thank you!!!

Edited by pinkpetter

:dunno: Hi Pink,

How much will u quoted for yr reno? My new flat is almost the same layout as yours :)

I got the quotes from my ID @$28K, without hacking/replacement of tiles but quite a fair bits of carpentry works , is it expensive?

Wah your layout the same why yours 10sqm bigger? hehhehe start a renoblog let us see!!!

hacking and tiling costs 6-7k on the average on most of the quotations I've seen so far. So if you're not doing that... then I'd say you're doing LOTS of carpentry. Are you doing the toilets too?

Lemme see what would make up 28k... overhaul toilets, kitchen, WIW, shoe cabinet, TV console, feature wall, Lbox/False ceilings, Whole house painting (5+1 colour), Dividers, sliding door partitions?

Mine slightly bigger, 12 years old flat in Bukit Merah View. Hehe, planning to start my t-blog soon. Bz shopping my stuffs liao, me another keong chong spider .... :notti:

Yeah, quite a lots of carpentry work : - TV Console-Living room & MRB , WIW-MBR, wardrode - Common room, divider - dinning area, shoe rack.

Shower screen for toilets & replacment both toilet. Nothing much for the kitchen.

Still sourcing for ID or contractor with my tight budget..... :(