Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

Looking forward to know which ID or contractor you engaged? Pls PM me the contact. :yamseng: Thanks in adv.

haha I will when I do. now final shortlistings ba. *stressful*

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You intend to have only 2 paint colour for your big big home? keke.. i got 10 paint colours for my small small home.. keke..

haha i'm going to live with my parents you see.. older generation still think that whole house white white good. looks more spacious. So the whole living area and their MBR will be white. As for the 3 smaller bedrooms which belong to the children... we've discussed liao. Everyone in charge of their own room. Want to paint go buy a small pot of paint and ask friend come to help. LOL Briefed my brother on this. :)

haha i'm going to live with my parents you see.. older generation still think that whole house white white good. looks more spacious. So the whole living area and their MBR will be white. As for the 3 smaller bedrooms which belong to the children... we've discussed liao. Everyone in charge of their own room. Want to paint go buy a small pot of paint and ask friend come to help. LOL Briefed my brother on this. :)

Wow... painting a room is no easy feat...most IDs/contractors normally give up to 5 colours for a house. You can get your kids to choose their colour and then get your ID/contractor to do it for you. Save the hassle. :)

hi mmycheng, pinkpetter is one of the children leh

the other two are her siblings :notti:

pinkpetter, small pot of paint not enough for one room

generally it's advised to get a 5l can of paint for one room

coz need at least two coats and some extra for touching up :deal:

Hi sidetrack, visited your personal blog, can i find out from you if i'm not wrong your mum who's wearing the orange kebaya during your sis wedding, where did she get it from? It looks so pretty on her. would like to get one too..

Wow... painting a room is no easy feat...most IDs/contractors normally give up to 5 colours for a house. You can get your kids to choose their colour and then get your ID/contractor to do it for you. Save the hassle. :)

hihi mmycheng hehe Yup I'm one of the kids. The youngest person living in this place is 19 so he can jolly well paint his own room. whahahahha

hi mmycheng, pinkpetter is one of the children leh

the other two are her siblings :notti:

pinkpetter, small pot of paint not enough for one room

generally it's advised to get a 5l can of paint for one room

coz need at least two coats and some extra for touching up :deal:

:) Thanks applefreak. think my bro and I thinking of painting one wall a different colour only, leaving the rest of the room white. Whereas my parents and sis will have theirs in full white. They like white white house la... bo pians. Make the choosing of tiles and everything else easier ba.

Hi sidetrack, visited your personal blog, can i find out from you if i'm not wrong your mum who's wearing the orange kebaya during your sis wedding, where did she get it from? It looks so pretty on her. would like to get one too..

hihi LGG Mom bought the orange kebaya at Katong Shopping Centre. It's the one along East Coast road at the junction of the new condo development, Seaview and Amber one. The basement there's one Peranakan shop that sells two kinds of Kebaya, the cotton cheaper kind and the more expensive emboidered kind. The cheaper one is $50++ and the other one is $200+ I think. BUT HOR... after my mom bought she regretted a little. Cos she went to Geylang Serai during the Hari Raya season and saw SO MANY there.... and for cheaper also.

If you're buying for special occasion... there are handmade ones at Siglap Centre. VERY nice and good quality and each one is unique cos you pick out the patterns and she make customised complete design for you. But..... it does come at a price. :)

hihi LGG Mom bought the orange kebaya at Katong Shopping Centre. It's the one along East Coast road at the junction of the new condo development, Seaview and Amber one. The basement there's one Peranakan shop that sells two kinds of Kebaya, the cotton cheaper kind and the more expensive emboidered kind. The cheaper one is $50++ and the other one is $200+ I think. BUT HOR... after my mom bought she regretted a little. Cos she went to Geylang Serai during the Hari Raya season and saw SO MANY there.... and for cheaper also.

If you're buying for special occasion... there are handmade ones at Siglap Centre. VERY nice and good quality and each one is unique cos you pick out the patterns and she make customised complete design for you. But..... it does come at a price. :)

Thanx! yep for a special occasion.. :sport-smiley-004: budget around $200+ so shall pop by Katong Shopping Centre peranakan shop where your mom bought. :thumbs up:

hihi mmycheng hehe Yup I'm one of the kids. The youngest person living in this place is 19 so he can jolly well paint his own room. whahahahha

Oops...paiseh... read wrongly... I thought you were referring to your kids! omg... sorry! Hehe! 8|

Yup yup... give you a small tip. they will recommend you the traditional kebaya skirt which is much more flowery... just buy the top will do. then get the skirt from other places. :) plainer ones which will look more elegant. My mom did that. :)

mmycheng >> haha it's ok la... my post was a bit confusing anyways. :) not married yet so no kids in the tow ;)

hahaha I want something like that la... but have to suss out the right one for my budget. :) Think the next few weekends will be spent on furniture hunting hunting and contractor talking...... URGHHH

Today... Something very demoralising happened.

I emailed this ID the other day and he called back the very next day and I was super happy. We arranged to meet today... and I turned up at his office at the exact time.

When I got there... he asked me for my floorplan (which I did email him) but I still took out a copy for him. And he took out a blank notebook and... "So.. what do you want to do?"

I was stunned. Cos I emailed him a detailed list and drew on my floorplan to be very clear. I don't expect him to know exactly what I want but at least take 5-10 minutes to look through my stuff... If have time to meet me... then should have time to see see a bit at least before meeting me right?

The thing is my renovation very simple. Unlike most of you...

No feature wall, very little carpentry (where they earn the most), no art farty stuff... not even L-box/false ceiling... So sometimes I also feel paiseh when I ask for quotes. So I try to email people and stuff. And if the ID/contractor think can do and they get back to me then I feel less pai seh cos they also know what to expect...

This guy... went on to ask...

So want console?

No need...

Hack toilets?

No need...

Hack and Tile kitchen?

err optional... can KIV...

Wardrobe?

No need...

............ and it went on like that. If he had looked through my list he would have known that I'm doing simple stuff with a smaller budget. And if he didn't want to attend to me he needn't have to.

And I needn't be subjected to embarrassment when he says things like... "huh".. "err normally people will do la"... "anyway you doing this might as well do this..." or "liddat your renovation very simple only" stating the obvious.

I know my budget is small but I'm not asking for much ma. It's not like I'm doing an overhaul and asking for an impossible price.

Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. Really feel like crying. :(

Edited by pinkpetter

Today... Something very demoralising happened.

I emailed this ID the other day and he called back the very next day and I was super happy. We arranged to meet today... and I turned up at his office at the exact time.

When I got there... he asked me for my floorplan (which I did email him) but I still took out a copy for him. And he took out a blank notebook and... "So.. what do you want to do?"

I was stunned. Cos I emailed him a detailed list and drew on my floorplan to be very clear. I don't expect him to know exactly what I want but at least take 5-10 minutes to look through my stuff... If have time to meet me... then should have time to see see a bit at least before meeting me right?

The thing is my renovation very simple. Unlike most of you...

No feature wall, very little carpentry (where they earn the most), no art farty stuff... not even L-box/false ceiling... So sometimes I also feel paiseh when I ask for quotes. So I try to email people and stuff. And if the ID/contractor think can do and they get back to me then I feel less pai seh cos they also know what to expect...

This guy... went on to ask...

So want console?

No need...

Hack toilets?

No need...

Hack and Tile kitchen?

err optional... can KIV...

Wardrobe?

No need...

............ and it went on like that. If he had looked through my list he would have known that I'm doing simple stuff with a smaller budget. And if he didn't want to attend to me he needn't have to.

And I needn't be subjected to embarrassment when he says things like... "huh".. "err normally people will do la"... "anyway you doing this might as well do this..." or "liddat your renovation very simple only" stating the obvious.

I know my budget is small but I'm not asking for much ma. It's not like I'm doing an overhaul and asking for an impossible price.

Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. Really feel like crying. :(

*pat pat* dun feel sad...there are always gd contractors and IDs out there waiting to do up ur hse...