Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Angel81

Angel's Heaven

Haha, we can't resist mah. And for Poh Joo, they told us that they'll be increasing price after CNY, so we decided to get them now loh. :) I intend to shift in around end of March, but handover will be end of Feb. :) Wana celebrate my bdae in early March at new house, but wana shift in only after our tentative short trip around mid-March.

I also very hand itchy to buy the house stuff now, so many sales! Just went to Nan Wah and the 1-pc WC is selling at freaking cheap! <$200 i think.. argh. But its still so long to keys handover for me... :(

now cannot buy clothes cos must save money, so turn to spending money on house stuff to satisfy my shopping needs.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I also very hand itchy to buy the house stuff now, so many sales! Just went to Nan Wah and the 1-pc WC is selling at freaking cheap! <$200 i think.. argh. But its still so long to keys handover for me... :(

now cannot buy clothes cos must save money, so turn to spending money on house stuff to satisfy my shopping needs.

Hahaha! I was in the exact same situation as u are when I was waiting for my 1st appt! To satisfy ourselves we went to look at all the stuff and do market research. Check out the stuff that you want then next time when it's finally time to buy, u won't need to waste time and can go straight to the best shop to splurge! :P

Hee... Go ikea! Lots of gd ideas and little cheap and nice stuff. I bought a bit here and there, like candles or kitchen stuff to make myself happy. :P

Yesterday's (1 Jan 09) Purchases

Bought lots of stuff from Poh Joo yesterday. We did not buy any items for the wash area/kitchen toilet as we are thinking of doing some amendments.

Items we bought:

HobzGlassHob783.jpgHobzCookerHood678.jpgHobzOven.jpg

Hobz glass hob, cooker hood and oven

MNKitchensink.jpgDSC00461.jpg

MN stainless steel kitchen sink (TR 103) with soap dispenser and tap.

~Items continue below, as renotalk does not all too many images~

There were some freebies thrown in after bargaining, but not much. Total cost was $2,500. :( Pocket feeling lighter and lighter liao.. And we still have another toilet's purchases. :(

hehe.. we share similar items as well..MN sink but different models...almost similar tap..

Happy renovation...

I've been to Ikea a lot of times!! So near my house, almost everytime nothing to do i'll go there. But still cannot buy leh, my room is exploding already. Got a lot of lil' things we bought during our tours thinking that 'can put in our new house next time'.. plus 4 sets of bedsheets! Somemore my FH is not those tt likes to shop ard one. He rather go to 1 store.. buy everything there and bargain for a gd price. :bangwall:

Did u go to Hoe Kee? I haven been to PJ, any idea if HK or PJ is cheaper? I know the 1-pc WC at HK is horrendously ex.

hehe.. we share similar items as well..MN sink but different models...almost similar tap..

Happy renovation...

Yoz! Hehehe, yeah I rem asking your advice about Hobz and MN. Hehee, wanted to get another sink, but much more x and longer than this one. In the end settled on this one. Hope it'll be nice. :)

I've been to Ikea a lot of times!! So near my house, almost everytime nothing to do i'll go there. But still cannot buy leh, my room is exploding already. Got a lot of lil' things we bought during our tours thinking that 'can put in our new house next time'.. plus 4 sets of bedsheets! Somemore my FH is not those tt likes to shop ard one. He rather go to 1 store.. buy everything there and bargain for a gd price. :bangwall:

Did u go to Hoe Kee? I haven been to PJ, any idea if HK or PJ is cheaper? I know the 1-pc WC at HK is horrendously ex.

Arh! Same like me loh! I love going to IKEA, and hb is fine with it too since he loves the meatballs there. hahaha.. Wah, u bought 4 sets of bedsheets liao ah? :bow: I just bought 1 set yesterday. Hehehe, going to search for another set slowly. :)

I went to the HK at IMM, and I find that it's overall cheaper at PJ. Speaking abt 1-pc WC, I wanted to get it as well. But the staff at PJ said that if the WC cracks, then got to change the whole set, instead of just that part. Don't know if it's true anot lah, but u may wana check it out. :)

Congrats!!! :yamseng: Finally see your t-blog up. Nice place.. We would have gotten an EM if we dun have kids.. haha

Hi Haven59! Hee, thanks thanks! We were thinking if we should get an EM as well, cuz my PILs will be staying with us, and intend to have kids as well. But since it's our dream, we just went ahead with it. :) Hope it turns out well. :P

Arh! Same like me loh! I love going to IKEA, and hb is fine with it too since he loves the meatballs there. hahaha.. Wah, u bought 4 sets of bedsheets liao ah? :bow: I just bought 1 set yesterday. Hehehe, going to search for another set slowly. :)

I went to the HK at IMM, and I find that it's overall cheaper at PJ. Speaking abt 1-pc WC, I wanted to get it as well. But the staff at PJ said that if the WC cracks, then got to change the whole set, instead of just that part. Don't know if it's true anot lah, but u may wana check it out. :)

we bought 1 set when we were in BKK, cute n cheap but quality no so gd one lah. The other 3 was few wks back when Aussino had sales at his office's building.

Cheaper at HK? then what was the winning factor that made you buy at PJ? i rembr Pinkpetter saying her parents insisted on 1-pc WC becos 2-pc will leak. But 2-pc WC crack can just chge part of it one ah? I don't see any shops selling 'part' of the WC leh.

Edited by mrspiglet

we bought 1 set when we were in BKK, cute n cheap but quality no so gd one lah. The other 3 was few wks back when Aussino had sales at his office's building.

Cheaper at HK? then what was the winning factor that made you buy at PJ? i rembr Pinkpetter saying her parents insisted on 1-pc WC becos 2-pc will leak. But 2-pc WC crack can just chge part of it one ah? I don't see any shops selling 'part' of the WC leh.

Sorry, think I may not be very clear in my reply. Most of the stuff are cheaper at PJ, which was why I went back there.

Yupz, I wanted to buy a 1-pc WC, cuz Pinkpetter said it's easier to clean. But the sales pax told me although it's easier to clean, we won't be able to change just one part of the WC if crack. Both got pros and cons lah, but in the end we went for the 2-pc. Main reason is we like the design, second is can change just part of the WC if crack loh. Hope it'll be fine. :P

YES! We are now the official owners with keys to our EM!

We went to our place for the handover yesterday. It was suppose to be in the afternoon, but the sellers were still busy shifting their belongings out. Therefore we went out to meet a last contractor, before going back to our home in the evening.

It was after 7pm by the time everything ends and my hb & I are the only ones left in the house. Although the house was bare, we could see all the possibilities this house hold. Really can't wait to start the reno!

Pics

IMG_1124.jpgIMG_1123.jpg

View from the balcony & MBR

IMG_1140.jpg

View from the corridor, Bedroom 2 & 3

IMG_1134.jpg

Bye sellers!

~cont~

IMG_1143.jpg

Yay! See our keys?

IMG_1147.jpg

Empty Level 1 :P

IMG_1146.jpg

Tiny storeroom

IMG_1154.jpg

Our first meal in our home! And I bought a Happy Meal (can u see the soccer toy?) & wish that we'll always be happy here. :P

Edited by Angel81

Our Search For Contractors

I must admit, we didn't search much for contractors/IDs. Or at least, not as much as some forumners here.

We went to Beauty World, frequented IMM, onlined everyday to read Renotalk to learn about others' experiences and surfed the web for ideas. Some ID firms did not talk to us, even though we stood outside their shops and looked through their photo albums. These firms we struck them off the list immediately. If you can't be bothered to chat with us, I'm sure you can't be bothered to earn money. :notti: An ID firm praised themselves to the sky, saying that they can do anything and everything, but did not bother to listen to our ideas. If you don't pause to listen to your clients, how will I know my house will turn out the way I want? :seeya:

So far, the best 3 contractors in terms of service & price came from forumners here. *Thanks sundrops, chrono, jacky777 & rondy!* We have shortlisted 2 contractors and should be confirming with one sometime this week. Both shortlisted contractors are very nice guys with reasonable quotes. One is cheaper than the other by around $4k.

We actually wanted to sign with the contractor A who has the more expensive quote. Mainly because he was highly recommended by a couple of forumners, and that we could get along with him rather well. He also does not mind giving me advice when I called him to ask him about some stuff. The thing that held us back and tipped the scales for the other shortlisted contractor (B) is that this contractor (A) seems abit irresponsible.

Contractor A will promise me to send the revised quotes (we revised at least 7 times I think) before a certain date. However, there was not a time that he sent the quotes on time. There were stuff that were discussed that went missing, and I had to remind him to add them in. He's also late for our meetings 4 out of 5 times. I understand that he's busy. If he's not busy, means that he does not have any jobs in hand, which means that there may be something wrong! :P What I hope is that if he is unable to deliver a promise, then don't promise me or give me a later date/time. I definitely don't mind if he tells he that he's real busy, and could only get back to me at a later date/time.

Handing my precious home to someone to renovate is a form of trust. Trust that he will take good care of it during this period of time. Trust that he will deliver what he promises. Trust that the job will be completed on time. If this trust is not there in the first place, how can I trust him to do the job as promised? :(

Contractor B was someone unfamiliar, as we could not find many people using this company. However, he was highly recommended by the one who used, and also by the owners of homes we visited with him. Out of the 3 times he sent the revised quotes to me, he was on time or early for all 3 times. When we met up with him both times, he was there waiting for us when we reach. The workmanship of both homes were good, and the designs were practical and pleasing. Best of all, the quote is very reasonable. If everything turns out well, we should be signing with him sometime this week. :yamseng:

*Fingers crossed!*

Congrats!!!your house view seems unblock!!!very good lei,i like unblock view!!!

Thou a simple meal,but taste very different with ur hubby at a new place hor?

By the way,how much my ID quote u for the total reno cost ah?

:unsure:

Hehe, thanks thanks! I love the view too!

Mac has never tasted so great! :dancingqueen: Also, we could finally eat cheeseburgers at home! My ILs pray at home, so we can't eat beef at our current place. Next time at our own home we can, cuz ILs won't be bringing the gods over.

Hmm, there's still something to be revised, so the amount I have now may not be the final one. Let you know again after I receive the final revised quote k? :)

A lovely place.. happy renovating :)

Thanks Starscream! Can't wait to start renovating. :P

Edited by Angel81

haha I know how you all feel. My first meal in the house was KFC.. was very memorable also. :)

Having keys is such an exciting thing...

Hee yeah yeah. It was very exciting to finally get the keys. At the same time, it was rather scary too! Now I can't throw letter at my boss without finding a job first! :P