Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kari

Stepping Into A New Challenging Life

Thanks everyone.

Well, my orignal sand quote was for living room and 3 bedrooms. BUt cos i changed to living room only, I was given a discount. So lucky :dancingqueen:

I went from Taugress to Hup Kiong to Hafary, whereby I finally found the white tiles I like. Cos I dun like beige la though I was advised to take those creamy colors so tat dirt not so obvious.

In anycase, hopefully it remain white always haha and not turn yellowish. My frenz's white tiles turned yellowish after 2 years! :jawdrop:

Pray Pray I'm not so unlucky.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello YG,

Watermarks??

I did not notice that for my granite top.

There is 1 incident that during heavy downpour, my granite top (imperial golden) was soaked with water!

A small mini poo cos the water did not flow out into the bottom cabinet!

Now actually I did not bother wll those watermarks liao.

Too lazy to clean.

Aiyo...I need to instal the door bell, forget all about it!

HAPPY

we are not the same contractor la, lol..

btw i heard from many people that they also have watermarks leh

Tiling in my storeroom. DUnnoe what those cute little pieces of paper btw the tiles are for. :dunno:dsc00549y.th.jpg

The gap btw the tiles and the wall is big :jawdrop: but will there be skiritng inside the HHS to cover tat gap up? dsc00554e.th.jpgdsc00553k.th.jpg

My contractor said the gaps could be due to the uneven walls. She'll accompany to the house to explain. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by Kari

Pinklady I dunnoe the standard guidline, hence post the pics out. Actuali can see increasing thickness from the T-joint to the sides. If it's the norm then I'm ok with it. Cos white grouts can be a nightmare as the bigger the gap, the easier it gets dirty. :bangwall:

And thanks pinkpetter for the explanation. But won't those paper get stuck there when the cement dry?

paintinginlivingrm.th.png

This is the colors that I chose for my living room. Mocha Delight as the featurewall and Orchid White.

mbr.th.png

My MBR with Silvermink as the featurewall and Snowfield as the surrounding.

My daughter's bedroom will be Doll House (Pink her favorite color at this age - PRINCESS :P )

My son chose ORANGE but no way I'm gg to let him chose that. :bleah: So I chose Forever Blue lol

icicolorschosen.png

ahaha my bro chose maroon for his room and my parents freaked out but my sis and I still let him have his colour...

aiyah he's only young once... :) Dollhouse is such a sweet colour!!

ahaha my bro chose maroon for his room and my parents freaked out but my sis and I still let him have his colour...

aiyah he's only young once... :) Dollhouse is such a sweet colour!!

Well my son's only 3. I dun dare trust his judgement. LOL

Hee. Hopefully the 2 monsters can refrain from destroying those lovely walls.

The gap (grouting line) is for expansion especially during humid days, the tiles will expand. If no gap, the tiles might crack if it expand.

Btw..who is your painter?

Pinklady I dunnoe the standard guidline, hence post the pics out. Actuali can see increasing thickness from the T-joint to the sides. If it's the norm then I'm ok with it. Cos white grouts can be a nightmare as the bigger the gap, the easier it gets dirty. :bangwall:

And thanks pinkpetter for the explanation. But won't those paper get stuck there when the cement dry?

The gap (grouting line) is for expansion especially during humid days, the tiles will expand. If no gap, the tiles might crack if it expand.

Btw..who is your painter?

But I thot the width of the grouting line should be even. If not looks weird on the floor with some having thick grouting lines and others with thin ones.

Painter dunnoe yet. Next Monday do air-con installation. So Tuesday then do painting.

Plus contractor dun let me choose lol :P Told me all her workers good ones :bangwall:

Edited by Kari

If your painter is Vance or Ah Guan, you can 100% rest assure.

His skills is very good.

Before painting, normally he will like to talk face to face about how they do...

Thumbs up for the painter.

Hmmmmm...mine (grouting line) also like that...but it is better to have the whole floor wash up, then feel it with you leg for any cut leg feeling....

Good Luck!

But I thot the width of the grouting line should be even. If not looks weird on the floor with some having thick grouting lines and others with thin ones.

Painter dunnoe yet. Next Monday do air-con installation. So Tuesday then do painting.

It has been sooooooooooooo long. So many changes in my house.

Well my painters turn out to be 2 foreign workers from Mynmar.

I've forgotten to take the living area but I was disappointed to still see patches of white on my brown wall. My contractor told me the painters had already painted 3 coats and will touch up again after the capentry is up. Guess they want to save paint by skipping the areas behind the TV feature wall.

I'll skip directly to the painted rooms with the level up at the window area. I love my daughter's room - pink with flowers :Pdsc00704x.jpg

My son's blue room with black vertical stripes dsc00696w.th.jpg

dsc00697c.th.jpg

Lastly, my room but level up not completed yet. dsc00610lst.th.jpg

dsc00601szg.th.jpg It's actually a darker grey but photo seems to show brown. hmmm

But there's still unpleasant experience. like my ugly air-con trucking. Didn't print out my research on my neighbours trunking layout, so let my contractor decide, which leads to this.

dsc00573f.th.jpgdsc00574jql.th.jpg

dsc00572x.th.jpgdsc00590sws.th.jpg Though fortunately I should say is that with the paint on, the trucking dun look so hideous.