Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jason Poh

Help! Seller Backing Out On Hand Over Date

Ok... now it is my turn liao! I have just received a call from the agent that my buyer has backed out to rent my current house back to me, althought we have agreed during our 1st appt (to pay him 2 months rental). 29th July is my second appt and my new house is currently under renovation... how to move out in 2 DAYS time????????!!!!!!! Where to stay? My family and I will be homeless...

Any advices?

Actually I read the HDB resale condition and it state somewhere that Buyer/Seller must not enter into any other agreement ... this include collecting rent or something like that.

So if you bring this up to HDB, they will not entertain your request for further extension of the 2nd appt, correct me if I'm wrong.

The only solution is .... check out the warehousing storage company like the one in IMM. You can rent for storing your furnitures and stuffs until you are ready to move into your new home. just google for "storage facility" and you can get a list of these companies.

Meantime you have to make arrangement for your family's accomodation with your relatives, parent, in-laws etc with a walk-in suitcase, if really desperate situation.

Hope that can help you.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Actually I read the HDB resale condition and it state somewhere that Buyer/Seller must not enter into any other agreement ... this include collecting rent or something like that.

So if you bring this up to HDB, they will not entertain your request for further extension of the 2nd appt, correct me if I'm wrong.

The only solution is .... check out the warehousing storage company like the one in IMM. You can rent for storing your furnitures and stuffs until you are ready to move into your new home. just google for "storage facility" and you can get a list of these companies.

Meantime you have to make arrangement for your family's accomodation with your relatives, parent, in-laws etc with a walk-in suitcase, if really desperate situation.

Hope that can help you.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Hiyee benjamin.. actually the above scenerio is similar to ours.. except that the sellers refused to move out and had wanted to handover 2 mths later..and they only notified us few days b4 the 2nd appt... we emailed the officer in charge .. and she did said that she can extend the date of our 2nd appt.. to a later date.. but there is a deadline to complete the whole resale transaction.. ^^ ..

Chronograph, Benjamin & Hopeless:

Thanks for your advices. Problem finally solved. Told the buyer that i will not sign the paper tomorrow to make my family go homeless. Buyer finally agreed to the 1.6K rental (as agreed during the 1st appt). No further compensations (cos they wan extra $200). Anyway, feel very disgusted w them now for wasting my time to solve the problem.

Hi guys,

I am facing a similar situation here. The buyer has request for an extension of stay by 2 months after the 2nd appointment date. They are willingly to pay rental thou. Our 1st appointment is schedule in Oct. I have the following questions:

1. My agent inform me that the 2nd appointment date is standard 8 weeks after the 1st appointment, if neither party agree to an earlier date. Is that true?

2. Is it legal to have an rental agreement with the buyer right after we brought the flat from them?

Thanks!

hey there ..

1) think usually can be as early as 6wks .. but subject to availability of slots as well thou .. the hdb officier will confirm with you the date during your first appt

2) by 'right' need hdb approval to rent out whole unit lar .. but to be on the safe side .. better have some form of black and white lor ..