Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jason Poh

Help! Seller Backing Out On Hand Over Date

last night went to his place...he threatened to kill me and his agent....his wife wants to beat me up....ha..they said their agent did not warn them about contra handing over and taking over......they bang table at us and shouted at us......i really dunno how to handle them...

that's serious....what did yours and his agent have got to say? seems like they not giving in also....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

They injecting fear into u ah..nothing to worry..

50+ years old liao behave like gangster...

Juz report police lor..u tell police u scared & fear for your life..

or on the other hand, juz charge him rental ah if u got place to stay,give him some leeway..if no place to stay..then too bad...kick him out.

that's serious....what did yours and his agent have got to say? seems like they not giving in also....

his agent wants to reserve the right to report to police...ha.

i gave them due respect cos they are old folks...but they are very unreasonable.

legal actions will be costly...

HDB will not want to get involve...

is reporting police the best way?

...polly is angry bout the incident also...i think she won't give the sellers any face. luckily she went to japan that night...i would expect her to retaliate if she met the sellers

They injecting fear into u ah..nothing to worry..

50+ years old liao behave like gangster...

Juz report police lor..u tell police u scared & fear for your life..

or on the other hand, juz charge him rental ah if u got place to stay,give him some leeway..if no place to stay..then too bad...kick him out.

charging rental is a grey area....legally we can't charge rental till we occupy the place for more than 3 yrs

how to kick him out if he sits on the floor and refuse to move leh?

last night went to his place...he threatened to kill me and his agent....his wife wants to beat me up....ha..they said their agent did not warn them about contra handing over and taking over......they bang table at us and shouted at us......i really dunno how to handle them...

KILL? omg... very serious leh.... sigh. violent...

Seriously.. personally la... I will make the deal fall through and appeal to HDB that it is their fault so they have to return the deposit. The agents can be witnesses...

I wouldn't buy from this kind of person. Honestly.. now he is so unhappy he can do anything... *touchwood* wait borrow money from loanshark using this address how? Anything can happen.

charging of rental.. is not recognised by HDB nor by any organisation ... is not legal. So in the end if he refuses to pay you also LL. And judging from his pattern now... do you think he will pay?

Edited by pinkpetter

KILL? omg... very serious leh.... sigh. violent...

Seriously.. personally la... I will make the deal fall through and appeal to HDB that it is their fault so they have to return the deposit. The agents can be witnesses...

I wouldn't buy from this kind of person. Honestly.. now he is so unhappy he can do anything... *touchwood* wait borrow money from loanshark using this address how? Anything can happen.

charging of rental.. is not recognised by HDB nor by any organisation ... is not legal. So in the end if he refuses to pay you also LL. And judging from his pattern now... do you think he will pay?

if deal fall thru...i also have to start looking for another house....i spent 6 months looking for the place....plus 3 months for contractor and furniture...hai

yeah, but if he they come back and harass u all

can just cancel the deal anot? i think they will think twice again before banging table..

they are more a the losing end

if deal fall thru...i also have to start looking for another house....i spent 6 months looking for the place....plus 3 months for contractor and furniture...hai

Think looking for a place/contractor is.. not so bad.

Did you take a HDB loan or Bank loan? Cos if deal falls through there is usually a clause for penalty. which means you have to pay a percentage of the loan amount. 1% I think. However, if you take a HDB loan, ask MP to write in and waive for you... If Bank try to ask them push back due to special circumstances.

Honestly.. if he's desperate enough he can do anything. Even if you let him stay for one more month, you don't have any guarantee he will get out. What if he is so desperate... he.... well.. anything can happen ba.

their ah beng ah lian attitudes really remind me of the recent 'wrongful confinement' of the SPH intern. Better make a report just to cover yourself on their threats. Their sickening attitudes really leave no room for negotiation. if u really choose to complete the sales, get a big lock and a good bicycle chain and lock up the unit once u complete the 2nd appt. Dont care whether they already moved out or not. Lock them up once u're the rightful owner and call in the police if they demand u to open for them to retrieve their belongings.

Got to agree with Pet on this.Cant imagine what they will do if you force them too hard also.This will also be a long and ugly fight as well.

Just curious...is there anything yr agent or the seller agent is doing?Think they are pay in commission, they also got to play a part to help u to resolve this issue...that my tot.

Got to agree with Pet on this.Cant imagine what they will do if you force them too hard also.This will also be a long and ugly fight as well.

Just curious...is there anything yr agent or the seller agent is doing?Think they are pay in commission, they also got to play a part to help u to resolve this issue...that my tot.

i agree on this....they are here to help buyer and seller to carry out the transactions....whether good or bad....

Btw.. Polly is me.. Poh is my htb.. ^^

I checked wif 1 of my crew friend who is a part time agent.. he told me to padlock the house is illegal.. even if the house belongs to us and the sellers r not in the house.. so long as their belongings is in there.. we can't padlock it. In any case.. what we can do.. is to go down afer handover to see if the owners had vacant the place.. if they hasn't, then we will just call the police.. produce the ownership letter from HDB.. and the police will give them 24hrs to leave the house.. otherwise, the police will charge them and they will have a crimminal record.. dun think they will dare to stay any longer than that.. cos they r grassroots leaders there... i m sure they wanna their "face" too.. lol..

To think our estate there is gonna have grassroots leaders wif this kind of caliber.. *pui*

The agent.. Hmmmm..... no comments abt her... haiz.. lol.. i was reading up on info in HDB web today then realised we gotto buy fire insurance b4 the second appt..and to produce the cert on the 2nd appt... the agent didn't mention anything to us abt this.. nor remind us.. my crew told me the agent is suppose to help us buy this insurance.. but this bo leh.. haiz...

Now just hope hor... everything soon soon.. 2nd appt come.. we turned up.. get the keys.. then everything swee swee... ^^

I checked wif 1 of my crew friend who is a part time agent.. he told me to padlock the house is illegal.. even if the house belongs to us and the sellers r not in the house.. so long as their belongings is in there.. we can't padlock it. In any case.. what we can do.. is to go down afer handover to see if the owners had vacant the place.. if they hasn't, then we will just call the police.. produce the ownership letter from HDB.. and the police will give them 24hrs to leave the house.. otherwise, the police will charge them and they will have a crimminal record.. dun think they will dare to stay any longer than that.. cos they r grassroots leaders there... i m sure they wanna their "face" too.. lol..

To think our estate there is gonna have grassroots leaders wif this kind of caliber.. *pui*

The agent.. Hmmmm..... no comments abt her... haiz.. lol.. i was reading up on info in HDB web today then realised we gotto buy fire insurance b4 the second appt..and to produce the cert on the 2nd appt... the agent didn't mention anything to us abt this.. nor remind us.. my crew told me the agent is suppose to help us buy this insurance.. but this bo leh.. haiz...

Now just hope hor... everything soon soon.. 2nd appt come.. we turned up.. get the keys.. then everything swee swee... ^^

hopeless...its your house ar....hope things will work out....funny...grassroots leaders and they still behave like hooligans.....should let the MP know about this....

some agents abit jiat lat one...i always feel mine is good at helping to get a good price for me...but somehow i find she too sales orientated....just want to quickly close sales....after sales sucks....somemore the handover of keys she not around instead its my hubby and buyer's agent....after which still send us a sms to refer people to her.....:P

really hope everything work out nicely and can see your reno soon....

.... mmm as long as their belongings is there? then can you throw out their belongings? Since it's your house... they have no right to put their things in your house... throw out and padlock can?

mm seems like I'm a very evil person.

But then.. they ARE grassroots leaders after all...Tell MP! :P

WAH I din know about the fire insurance also. lucky that time bank give us for free... mm

mm then next week is completion right? ... means Sunday/Monday you all must arrange for final inspection leh... which means you all have to go to the house again.... Can only sign completion (handover) if you find the place acceptable.

Edited by pinkpetter

my agent also heck care de... anywayz...

yea, locking them in is like illegal imprisonment, don't do a wrong for their wrong... just let the police handle... but you must consider a possibility that they make it big to the press or something...

since they are grassroot leaders, find out if the MP goes round the blocks these few days and wait near your new units :P

i think the deal will go thru since it already went by 1st appt... you just have to deal with them in the best way possible...