Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aoiaoi

My Little Reno Diary - Pulasan Road

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
:good: I didn't even see the showroom before buying this place. Saw an online ad and met the property agent. She said it is a "jumpout unit". Think the first buyer couldn't get a bank loan and property gonna TOP liao. That was in end Feb time. Happened to be the bottom of the property market prices. Think I picked up this unit at a great timing.

Can't wait to finish the reno and furnishing and move in. :dribble:

Wow, you managed to get a good deal then. Was trying to find something like that when I got my place in March. You got yours at the right time. Things seem to be picking up now.

All the best with your renovation! Keep us updated ;)

yup, got a lot of lighting points... total of 13 downlights in living/dining L box and walkway, 2 spotlights, 1 hanging light in dining hall, 1 hanging light in master bedrm, 1 ceiling light in bedroom 2, 1 down light in bedroom 3, 1 ceiling fan with lights in bedroom 3, 2 down lights each in master bath and common bath, 1 downlight in toilet, 2 down lights in kitchen and 1 balcony light. No cove lights as I dread the idea of finding dead insects in there. :P

yeah no wonder ex leh. but never mind, you change it all to energy saving lights then can already. At least you can save some electricity bills in the long run

Thanks blue-diamond! :)

Actually it's more a cosmetic touch-up. Am doing the following reno works

Living & Dining area

False ceilings (L box for dining hall, L box for living room and a "walkway" between living & dining)

TV feature wall

Dining hall mirror feature wall

Altar *

Master Bedroom

TV feature wall

Cushion top on bay windows

Bedside tables

Built-on cabinet on bay window* (cos got a lobang there currently, gotta maximise the storage space lor)

Bedroom 2

laminate the bay window (top + side)

build a study table tempered glass top onto the bay window

Display shelves*

Bedroom 3 (cat room)

Overlay parquet flooring with laminate

Build a partition (using acrylic material & aluminium frame) with sliding door**

Others

Install a reflective steel backing onto the wall* (behind the sink)

Paint the entire house

Install Lights for entire house **

Add additional electrical points #

Make and install curtains and blinds for living room (day & night), master bedroom (day & night), bedroom 2 (roller blind) and bedroom 3 (thinking either venetian blind or roman blind)**

* add-on items, not in package

# charged separately

** Sourced from other suppliers (Kenzo lights, Jimmy Textile curtains)

Hi aoiaoi,

Happened to chance upon your blog. Nice pictures you have there. You are also very lucky to get this place when the prop market is down.

I very new here and know not much. So trying to learning from forumers here. May I ask :

(1) why do you laminate the bay window ? Is it bcos of evening sun?

(2) and what the reason to overlay parquet flooring with laminate ? To protect it?? What do you use?