Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

My Dream House :)

seashell, I was thinking, no harm giving the other carpenters a chance. like what Jesslyn suggested, request to view their workmanship and if possible speak to the owners to get feedback. if the 2 are really CMI then consider to exclude the carpentry.

uncle way of quoting is to charge lower for some items and earn from other items. you are right that by pulling out the carpentry it will definitely throw his costing off balance. I don't think ah wei inflat his price recently. His price seems to remain the same from the quotes he gave to other folks whom I recommended, of course, he don't come super cheap lah cos he needs to balance his cost in order to give good materials and workmanship mah. At least we know he gives solid plywood for his works and not what ah liu give aubrey in the earlier days.

i hope you gals will be able to resolve this carpenter appointment issue soon. can't wait to see your carpentry leh!! u have a lot huh?? i like to see photos of completed carpentry!!

hi ivy

thanks for the advice...i agree with u... my hubby says, what ah wei can do, others also can do one... i dun feel i am doing alot of carpentry but the carpenters feel i m doing alot.. haha..

here's what i m doing:

feature wall w tv console for living n master

feature wall bedhead for master room

plattform for master room

suspended table

walk in wardrobe

toilet vanity cabinet

kitchen cabinet

dinning chair

shoe cabinet

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi seashell,

i agree with ivy on that. Give other carpentry a try n view the workmanship.

1 thing for sure that i dont believe that ah wei prices increase.Yes, he is not those super cheap kind, but i believe in this market, his price is reasonable for what he did. At least the true fact that he attitude n committment give me most assurance in my whole reno journey.

so just tak a look at the new carpenter..see how it goes...hopefully they can also do a good job. But do keep in mind also what been show as well considering the timeline and how many recitifcation been done before what shown in front of u. Communicate all ypur stand to them...se if u are comfy with the...good luck ya. :)

btw ...me also want to see pics!!!!:P

thanks blue! thanks for the good luck.. i need alot of that good luck! i hope i will be seeing my house soon... fact is, ah wei really wasted my 2 weeks waiting for him to give me the drawings n in the end he said he can't do my job... haiz, i just can't help feeling being played out....

i wonder these light got different colours or not? :P

yes, got white, warm white, cool white... i took the cool white.. :)

应该我会是先做橱柜的,如果我有用uncle新的ah guan(还是我做白老鼠,哈哈!),

我会update照片和跟大家分享/分析手艺如何?

当然也欢迎你们上来看啦!主要是要先完成:P

hi jesslyn

i think no more ah guan also.. cus ah guan also tell me he can't make it for my case liao...

how about urs?

Hi Seashell!!!

How much!??!

Plus, you got the normal rounded LED downlights too?!?!

Trev

the 3 bulbs of 3w mr16 and the aluminium casing including transformer cost me around $XX (i pm u the price). if i got extra sets, (i think i may have), i can let go to u! :)

even tou it cost higher than the downlights, but u save back the electricity cost! led also have normal and super bright one... go for the super bright ones...

i will need to install about 8 sets of this in my living hall...

Hi Seashell,

Just noticed your kitchen doors, very nice glass doors. Look quite different from the usual sliding and swing ones.

Are all of them slide-able? or any fixed panel? :)

hi!

thanks! all slide-able! the two piece also independent one, i can slide out one piece only..

glass looks good no matter where u place... i feel that way... :) cus it makes the place looks big n bright...

hi jesslyn

i think no more ah guan also.. cus ah guan also tell me he can't make it for my case liao...

how about urs?

Iz?i have't chk yet.

i only question closely my ceiling,windows,doors,grilles n else 1st.

i not doing so much cabinet,so not very urgent about it now.

Edited by jesslyntan

hi ivy

thanks for the advice...i agree with u... my hubby says, what ah wei can do, others also can do one... i dun feel i am doing alot of carpentry but the carpenters feel i m doing alot.. haha..

here's what i m doing:

feature wall w tv console for living n master

feature wall bedhead for master room

plattform for master room

suspended table

walk in wardrobe

toilet vanity cabinet

kitchen cabinet

dinning chair

shoe cabinet

that looks like quite a bit of carpentry to me leh. u customizing dinning chair as well?

thanks blue! thanks for the good luck.. i need alot of that good luck! i hope i will be seeing my house soon... fact is, ah wei really wasted my 2 weeks waiting for him to give me the drawings n in the end he said he can't do my job... haiz, i just can't help feeling being played out....

seashell.. dun feel play out, ah wei got his difficulties lah.. in a way I guess he does feels apologetic about not being able to take up some of the intial planned projects. If given a choice, he will want to continue to do those projects, but there are some unhappiness between him and ah soon. Got business who don't want to do right? if u wanna know more u try to probe him lor.

looking forward to see ur final works man.

u mean ur dog also? can share like wat kind of benefits? very curious n keen :)

yeah toking about dogs always makes me very excited. shall we have a dog gathering? haha

okie the lady who sold me the machine told me that, their bones and teeth, including their fur will be very nice. becoz its beneficial to them......

You let your dog try leh

if u shower screen is so high, will u be suffocated inside while bathing? haha... unless u got windows in the shower screen ?

Wont lah, coz my further plan is to install sauna or steam bath!!! Plan only hor!!!

yeah toking about dogs always makes me very excited. shall we have a dog gathering? haha

okie the lady who sold me the machine told me that, their bones and teeth, including their fur will be very nice. becoz its beneficial to them......

You let your dog try leh

Does it really improve their skin and coat by alot?? I got 2 dogs ley, one of it got genetic skin prob.

There is a period of time, i even try aromatherapy on him!

hi....

can understand how u feel also...but i think there a reason for his doing...which i think some of us will have know....cos dealing with him hasnt been like that....so yr carpentry now how?:)

that looks like quite a bit of carpentry to me leh. u customizing dinning chair as well?

seashell.. dun feel play out, ah wei got his difficulties lah.. in a way I guess he does feels apologetic about not being able to take up some of the intial planned projects. If given a choice, he will want to continue to do those projects, but there are some unhappiness between him and ah soon. Got business who don't want to do right? if u wanna know more u try to probe him lor.

looking forward to see ur final works man.

hi ivy

understand ur point... maybe i find ah wei at the wrong time... partly cus ah soon delay makes me overall frustrated...

anyway ah soon say he will assign ah meng to do my carpentry.. he claimed this ah meng is doing carpentry for ID company. confirmed good workmanship one...no showflat bçus they are doing for ID company hence cannot show us... still thinking to give a try anot...

Iz?i have't chk yet.

i only question closely my ceiling,windows,doors,grilles n else 1st.

i not doing so much cabinet,so not very urgent about it now.

hi

uncle told me he is going to give me ah meng, should be same as u liao

tomolo i meeting him, i update u again how it goes... :)

You let your dog try leh

ok!!

i will definitely let my dog try. she is a very small dog, 2.8kg only so she really needs strong bones!

so far ur dog bones n teeth got better?