Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Fifteenmay's Love Nest

I calculated I have 17meters+ which needs curtain windo dressing with curved rail. We are looking for more heavy duty rail .. Day and night curtains so I would need like 34meters liao. Plus 3meters of roller blinds and 1 meter of roman blind. I wonder <$2000 possible or not.

check with Mr Chew, I'm sure he will advise something cheap and good. It also depends on the materials u choose. dun choose too luxe materials lor... haha..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi insane, thanks! ; )

kdk fan below it very windy but my sofa area cant feel the wind leh! also the wind cannot flow to the dining area so maybe need to buy standing fan. u have id? give id the specs of the fan and let id advise if its possible or not.

Huh.. KDK oso can't feel the wind at sofa area ah? I was tinking of getting the sunflower ceiling fan with light, gotta consider liao.. :bangwall:

hi insane, thanks! ; )

kdk fan below it very windy but my sofa area cant feel the wind leh! also the wind cannot flow to the dining area so maybe need to buy standing fan. u have id? give id the specs of the fan and let id advise if its possible or not.

oic. Ya, gave the dimensions to her le, she say can put. But I still scare it turn out to be too big. Then the whole LR will looks weird.. Can't feel much wind? Omg. Looks like I may have to put AC in the LR...

oic. Ya, gave the dimensions to her le, she say can put. But I still scare it turn out to be too big. Then the whole LR will looks weird.. Can't feel much wind? Omg. Looks like I may have to put AC in the LR...

nowadays singapore weather are too hot. i doing aircon and ceiling fan in living room. might have to add standing fan later cos i simply cannot stand sweating. :D

Huh.. KDK oso can't feel the wind at sofa area ah? I was tinking of getting the sunflower ceiling fan with light, gotta consider liao.. :bangwall:

hi bearlyn

we are also eyeing the sunflower for living room! Just a bit concerned whether windy or not? and also about shadows and flickering light. So where have you searched with best price? So far, lighting.com $594 for me.

wonder if anyone has review on that fan?

my curtains were quoted $900 to make and install living room full length day n nite curtain, study room full length day & nite (blockout double layer) curtain, 2 bedrooms blockout roller blind. curtains comes in pulley sys

saw this cloth with my curtain maker as well. might be cheaper.

hi can ask a very stupid question?

How to choose curtain material? ie other than colour/print and overall looks, is there a made in xx country material that is good, or one to avoid?

hi bearlyn

we are also eyeing the sunflower for living room! Just a bit concerned whether windy or not? and also about shadows and flickering light. So where have you searched with best price? So far, lighting.com $594 for me.

wonder if anyone has review on that fan?

haha.. my wife like the design and becos i do not have any dn lights (no false ceilings) so e fan i must choose those that comes with light. I oso wondering whether is it windy enuff and will e light flicker when e blades r turning? Go into lighting shops can't really tell cos it's air conditioned and full of lights! haha.. Lighting.com quote me the same price, so far the lowest... :o

what is flush in or flush out? You mean there are 2 ways to mount?

FLUSH IN--TV built into the feature wall...from the side...unable to see the TV coming out. (need exact thickness of wall mount + TV in order to gauge the thickness of the feature wall needed in order to hide everything by the side)

FLUSH OUT---TV just mount onto the feature wall....from the side...able to see the back of the TV.

FLUSH IN--TV built into the feature wall...from the side...unable to see the TV coming out. (need exact thickness of wall mount + TV in order to gauge the thickness of the feature wall needed in order to hide everything by the side)

FLUSH OUT---TV just mount onto the feature wall....from the side...able to see the back of the TV.

hmmm... then flush out shd b better rite? cos if flush in then those HDMI ports, USB etc cannot access liao rite? n flush in then the TV will get v hot cos heat rentention..

hi can ask a very stupid question?

How to choose curtain material? ie other than colour/print and overall looks, is there a made in xx country material that is good, or one to avoid?

for me the requirements are must match my wall colour, easy to maintain n wash, quality must be ok n price must be right. :D my curtain makers material that i choose are italy ones.

dunno abt wat to avoid....may difficult to maintain ones bah

I haven choose my curtains yet, Sam jie how long did ur curtain take to be done? I was thinking can shift in then do? cos dunno what colour to choose.

Was thinking of buying from ikea.

I haven choose my curtains yet, Sam jie how long did ur curtain take to be done? I was thinking can shift in then do? cos dunno what colour to choose.

Was thinking of buying from ikea.

It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to make. I think ikea comes in certain size and design, which if you have a window which does not fit into the standard ikea size may end up more expensive. Usually the curtain will match ur paintings, furniture and lightings. You can get the curtain makers to go in and advise.

But you can always look at mags on colors and design. If in doubt, choose safe and single color for 1 stretch of window, and follow the same color family as the walls around the curtains. Another choice will be lines or stripes, but of the same color or similar color. Thus the curtains will be timeless.

It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to make. I think ikea comes in certain size and design, which if you have a window which does not fit into the standard ikea size may end up more expensive. Usually the curtain will match ur paintings, furniture and lightings. You can get the curtain makers to go in and advise.

But you can always look at mags on colors and design. If in doubt, choose safe and single color for 1 stretch of window, and follow the same color family as the walls around the curtains. Another choice will be lines or stripes, but of the same color or similar color. Thus the curtains will be timeless.

Thanks for the advice. I only doing for my living rm and gals' room.

hmmm... then flush out shd b better rite? cos if flush in then those HDMI ports, USB etc cannot access liao rite? n flush in then the TV will get v hot cos heat rentention..

I din even think tt much at that time.when I'd say she throw in free tv feature wall,I just say ok lo...haha never think abt pros and cons of flushed in or out.

actually wanna see can exchange to a rectangular one or not, but cos my wife likes those tat comes with stools so no choice, cancel order. anyway i tink no coffee table now is better, cos when e console and sofa r in place, onli then will i b able to have a better feel of the space left. :P

good idea to wait :) what kind of coffee tAble comes with stools?cannot imagine leh.any pics?