Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

ha .... nope .... not even My own place (mine taken by my friend)

Cos jus bought DSLR mah .... so u will be my 1st Guinea Pig ... phahahhaa

Ha.. i'm honoured!..

but u make have to take an empty hse w no furniture.. Ha.. mayb can photoshop some in.. Ha.

Wow!.. planning to become a professional photographer?

hey.. you could start a small biz. Help ppl create a small album on their newly renovated houses. Good idea huh? Ha..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

21 days into Big Reno, wiring for my rooms, kictchen, toilets, false ceiling and L-Box is up. No switches yet until painting is done.

26 days, fixed piping for aircons.

27 days, stainless steel piping is up and running all except washing basin in kitchen.

29 days, did some small rectifications to small dripping of pipes. CityGas came to lay pipes for use of government gas. Meet Carpenter for final designs of kictchen cabinet and master bedroom cupboards and dressing table.

Henry came also to list what needs to be rectified before false ceiling and L-Box goes up. Things to be fixed included fridge and washing machines base.

Next week, would start those small rectifications and setting up for false ceiling and L-Box. After which would be painting of whole house. all these estimates 10 working days, as announced by Henry.

Wanted to start my R-T blog when reno starts but suay suay was in reservist for the 1st 2 weeks of March.

Anyway, better late then never. Ha..

Started to look around for contractor in Dec 2009. Shortlisted a couple of IDs and got a few quotations. Since planning to overhaul the whole unit, all the quotations are busting my budget. One day, happen to chanced upon Superimon27 R-T blog. After visiting his contractor's office in woodlands and getting a quotation, decided on Henry from ID Note coz is stil within my budget. ( Thanks to Superimon27 recommendation!!) :D

My Floor Plan

4447375471_270a3d6764.jpg

My Proposed Layout

4454277886_33651761e9.jpg

Hi fencer,

i also just finish my reservist recently..maybe we from same unit..keke...Btw, i look for ID...u mind to share Henry contact??Thanks

Hi fencer,

i also just finish my reservist recently..maybe we from same unit..keke...Btw, i look for ID...u mind to share Henry contact??Thanks

pm send for henry contact :)

Hi fencer,

Ha.. Mayb huh.. my colleague same period with me but diff unit leh..

Hope you get a good quote from Henry... :)

21 days into Big Reno, wiring for my rooms, kictchen, toilets, false ceiling and L-Box is up. No switches yet until painting is done.

26 days, fixed piping for aircons.

27 days, stainless steel piping is up and running all except washing basin in kitchen.

29 days, did some small rectifications to small dripping of pipes. CityGas came to lay pipes for use of government gas. Meet Carpenter for final designs of kictchen cabinet and master bedroom cupboards and dressing table.

Henry came also to list what needs to be rectified before false ceiling and L-Box goes up. Things to be fixed included fridge and washing machines base.

Next week, would start those small rectifications and setting up for false ceiling and L-Box. After which would be painting of whole house. all these estimates 10 working days, as announced by Henry.

btw, during the 10 days, main door would be hacked also and temporary door would be up.

Adding on, 10 days later, all the lights + fan would be fixed up. Kicthen cabinates and master bedroom cupboards would start installing.

So say by end of the 3rd week of April, should be finished and just left intense inspection for anything to rectify loh... :D

Although i have seperated the toiletries by placing them in the master bedroom and **** room, the guys who fixed the piping still manage to set up wrongly.

Why? Only reason is...

On the 1st day, they fixed everything with pipes only.. e.g toilet bowl, sinks, tapes, heater.

After which they consolidated everything together into a single pile. Good effort to clean the place..

And then, next day is "what u see 1st, fix it up". Sigh!!!.. :bangwall:

Mirrors can be changed coz using the same type of hooks.

But the glass shelves and toilet paper holder.... :(

Advice to all:

1) Label every single items clearly. Draw, label and use any other method you can think of.

2) Go down and see every few days, irregardless is trusty contractor or world renowned ID.

These would save alot of your time to rectify things and argument on who's at fault. And most importantly save time and $$$$$..

If in doubt, ASK and Question!

Not 100% Sure, ASK and Question!

Just went over to have a look.. L-box and false ceiling is up... Looks nice, hid all the wires on the ceilings of Living/Dining area.. Ha..

Next should be hacking away the main door and put up the wooden frame + temporary door.

Hmm.. if i rem correctly, henry mentioned that the window grills would be up before painting. Which likely be next week.

Lights, cooker hob/hood is set to deliver on 15 April. By then painting should be finshed and dry up loh.. :D

Just went over to have a look.. L-box and false ceiling is up... Looks nice, hid all the wires on the ceilings of Living/Dining area.. Ha..

Next should be hacking away the main door and put up the wooden frame + temporary door.

Hmm.. if i rem correctly, henry mentioned that the window grills would be up before painting. Which likely be next week.

Lights, cooker hob/hood is set to deliver on 15 April. By then painting should be finshed and dry up loh.. :D

that's fast . Waiting to see yr pic . And take yr pic too ... ha

Although i have seperated the toiletries by placing them in the master bedroom and **** room, the guys who fixed the piping still manage to set up wrongly.

Why? Only reason is...

On the 1st day, they fixed everything with pipes only.. e.g toilet bowl, sinks, tapes, heater.

After which they consolidated everything together into a single pile. Good effort to clean the place..

And then, next day is "what u see 1st, fix it up". Sigh!!!.. :bangwall:

Mirrors can be changed coz using the same type of hooks.

But the glass shelves and toilet paper holder.... :(

Advice to all:

1) Label every single items clearly. Draw, label and use any other method you can think of.

2) Go down and see every few days, irregardless is trusty contractor or world renowned ID.

These would save alot of your time to rectify things and argument on who's at fault. And most importantly save time and $$$$$..

If in doubt, ASK and Question!

Not 100% Sure, ASK and Question!

Hi Fencer,

Thanks for sharing. Will surely heed your advice. Oh and I like that world renowned ID, so provocative.

I am sure Henry can get your problem fixed. I am find him a willing contractor.

Cheers.

that's fast . Waiting to see yr pic . And take yr pic too ... ha

Ha.. dun wan lah.. take the hse can liao.. me camera shy one... HA.. :rolleyes:

Hi Fencer,

Thanks for sharing. Will surely heed your advice. Oh and I like that world renowned ID, so provocative.

I am sure Henry can get your problem fixed. I am find him a willing contractor.

Cheers.

HI england,

Problem can be fixed only if the tiles can be changed coz the size of the holes are different. Anyway, leave it lah.. i can leave it with it but it is stil a mistake of the guys who did the pipings. Change also makes the tilers more troublesome and waste $$ and time hacking tiles.

Henry's a nice person but he's too busy. That's why i keep going down a few days to check everything so as to save time and effort.. for mysef mainly.. Hahah.. Anything wrong i call or msg him so can be reactified early. But the toiletries bo bian loh.. Coz i told the piping guy myself mah..

Regards,

Roland

Just went over to take a look. Started painting loh.. hope to be able to go in and take a look 2morow or wednesday after work.. Ha..

Just went over to take a look. Started painting loh.. hope to be able to go in and take a look 2morow or wednesday after work.. Ha..

Brother, where are the pictures? How's the renovation coming along?

Cheers.