Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
froggy

My Second Home At Fernvale Vista

have been living with a messy hall for the last few days, ...

DSC00957.jpg

finally got down to working on it ..

DSC00965.jpg

and here's the final product, with the two cushions from the very popular Mr Chew

DSC00991.jpg

so what do you guys think? Is it too much of an overkill?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
have been living with a messy hall for the last few days, ...

DSC00957.jpg

finally got down to working on it ..

DSC00965.jpg

and here's the final product, with the two cushions from the very popular Mr Chew

DSC00991.jpg

so what do you guys think? Is it too much of an overkill?

haha.. i tot u wan to make u kite after seeing the first pic.. :D den when i see the last pic.. make me think of burger with the vege overflowing.. haha.. :lol: i think i too hungry liao..

haha.. i tot u wan to make u kite after seeing the first pic.. :D den when i see the last pic.. make me think of burger with the vege overflowing.. haha.. :lol: i think i too hungry liao..

:curse::curse:

:curse::curse:

haha.. sorry sorry! but u really very power leh.. know how to bake and cook so many things.. now u even do ur own sewing.. can help me do my curtains?? hee hee.. :P

haha.. sorry sorry! but u really very power leh.. know how to bake and cook so many things.. now u even do ur own sewing.. can help me do my curtains?? hee hee.. :P

can, but I charge premium rates for manhours, bc I work at night so double pay ;)

but on a serious note, u really should consider Mr Chew. Very patient, efficient pair who gives good recommendation, price very reasonable too. On my highly recommended list

another project at home ...

DSC08863.jpg

I love the smell of gingerbread .. it just lingers on through the night, wake up with stomach growling

18dec_papaback037.jpg

and this? now which one shall I savour first?

busy busy for my girls too .. though this was last yr's batch

DSC03378.jpg

Sounds like you have an experience with Mr Chew, would you mind PM me his charges

e.g the area with tracks installation?

I'm looking for one. :)

Review 3 - Curtains - Mr Chew

Another highly recommended one! From selection, to sewing, to installation, to cleaning up - all beautifully done!

Good job, Mr and Mrs Chew! :thumbs up:

This is so familar, sometimes I wonder what are we paying good money for the top cabinets (to box up the beam?)

well, least you had a witty way to utilise the narrow place froggy.

Kitchen Part 3

Lots of top hung cabinets?

DSC00549.jpg

In reality ..

DSC00551.jpg

all beams!!! dunno what to put in the hole on the right? A bottle of wine, maybe?? :(

and this ...

DSC00539.jpg

can't think of any other way to use this narrow strip, so asked the carpenter to add the bar

Thanks froggy, will try it.

Ya, both of us were so very disappointed. We set our eyes on this colour even as before renovation started. Edmund offer an alternative; India Granite worktop.. at additional $500 bucks.. :(

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by "waiting for his two people", will poke for you when he comes. ok?

maybe it's harder to pull out bc the drawers are empty? I had some 20kg and some 50kg. For the 50kg, some are still not fully loaded, and I do find it harder to pull those out. Why not try adding some load to see if it's any easier?

that's good for you! think you have a very smooth reno. Heard from the worktop guy that black galaxy is the hottest colour so I'm hardly surprised that it's out of stock!

btw can you do me a favour? Can you help sound out Edmund that I'm still waiting for his two people? Very paiseh to keep smsing him, bc not very urgent, yet still want it done or I'll keep having a feeling that something is incomplete. Thanks so much!

Yes, there's actually more than one Edmunds here in renotalk ;)

heeee, its alright, me sotong too

tot its the same Edmund :)

Sounds like you have an experience with Mr Chew, would you mind PM me his charges

e.g the area with tracks installation?

I'm looking for one. :)

ok will pm u in a while, but what do u mean by "the area with tracks installation"?

This is so familar, sometimes I wonder what are we paying good money for the top cabinets (to box up the beam?)

well, least you had a witty way to utilise the narrow place froggy.

Actually I suspect this is the case in many houses, just that outsiders will not know if they are not open. For our case, we are initially deeply shocked when we opened the cabinets, though the beams are nothing new. It's been there since day 1, just that as amateurs, we did not "realise" that the beams do eat up half the top cabinet space. In our planning, we had initially opted for a slim line hood so as to maximise storage space, but with the extended kitchen and falsely believing that we have "so many" cabinets, we changed our mind last minute and bought a chimney hood for the aesthetics. So we were a bit "disgusted" when reality hit. kinda regretted the buy and a bit disappointed that Edmund did not highlight the space eaten up by the beams.

But then again, if you don't box up, it won't really look nice also, so not much of a choice either?

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by "waiting for his two people", will poke for you when he comes. ok?

well, actually, there are 2 more areas that need his help. We have notified him way back during handover time, but since he asked sincerely for some time since he is quite busy then with (I guess) yours and a few others work, and since those 2 areas are not life threatening, we have told him it's ok - no need to rush but to let us know when he is able to arrange. Already past quite long now, thought maybe I should give him a friendly sms again. But since he is still with yr reno, maybe you can just sound him out - paiseh to push again bc not urgent

Actually I suspect this is the case in many houses, just that outsiders will not know if they are not open. For our case, we are initially deeply shocked when we opened the cabinets, though the beams are nothing new. It's been there since day 1, just that as amateurs, we did not "realise" that the beams do eat up half the top cabinet space. In our planning, we had initially opted for a slim line hood so as to maximise storage space, but with the extended kitchen and falsely believing that we have "so many" cabinets, we changed our mind last minute and bought a chimney hood for the aesthetics. So we were a bit "disgusted" when reality hit. kinda regretted the buy and a bit disappointed that Edmund did not highlight the space eaten up by the beams.

But then again, if you don't box up, it won't really look nice also, so not much of a choice either?

yo froggy! i guess the upper cabinets are not lost only to the beams, but to conceal the piping as well...

i dunno why must HDB design the kitchen this way, but so far from what i have seen, 99% of the kitchens have the upper cabinets wasted this way..... sigh. maybe your contractor just assume that you know :(

yo froggy! i guess the upper cabinets are not lost only to the beams, but to conceal the piping as well...

i dunno why must HDB design the kitchen this way, but so far from what i have seen, 99% of the kitchens have the upper cabinets wasted this way..... sigh. maybe your contractor just assume that you know :(

hmm .. next time i do reno i will know lor :bangwall:

hmm .. next time i do reno i will know lor :bangwall:

Ya, My previous house also has the same problem. But my beam is smaller than yours, still can keep few boxes of the tissue paper in the cabinet... :)

more ..

christmas07006.jpg

201-0123_IMG.jpg

That's all for now ... going back to the kitchen ... Enjoy!

My goodness! u made all that?? how did u get the icing to stay on the gingerbread men so nicely??

envy!

My goodness! u made all that?? how did u get the icing to stay on the gingerbread men so nicely??

envy!

ITS CHRISTMAS MOOD!!! hahaha... froggy you are really very very very good at all these, baking, sewing!! i think i can never do until like you. hehehe...

It is also because of the beam that we decided not to do cabinet there too!! luckily i dun hav pipe hanging around... but as of now i still have space to store those 有的没的。哈哈哈