Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joyousonline

Our Lovenest!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

updates:

first coat of paint is up!

laminates are here!!

photo-37.jpg

electrician figuring how to fix the remote control into the ceiling fan!

photo-38.jpg

living room with cove light, ceiling fan..downlights not up yet..hmm love the cove light effect

photo-39.jpg

my crestar airvac 54" ceiling fan in white!

photo-40.jpg

Hey Sis, nice progress ! 1st Coat paint and lightings up :yamseng::good:

thanks bro!! anyway we not rushing to move in..will shift in sep..so still hv time..heeee

hee my living room feature also similar to yours...but not exactly also....

Edited by joyousonline

cove lights with downlights @ living room..

photo-41.jpg

photo-42.jpg

ha notice no grills..changing my grills...but hor, no grills really look so much nicer!! but we staying on 2nd floor..better to have grills right?

mother in law says why ceiling fan??? to her, it will work fine now...after a while it will not...heeee no choice i dun really like standing fans...think should not be any problem with ceiling fans. sometimes feel drained especially comments from family..comments like "your flat so big, how to clean!", "why 2 pple need such a big space?", "initially, excited to clean, later on will find it a chore...", "the marble not nice coz it's pinkish!", "wa staircase also marble, very dangerous leh!", "oh you have to wash so many curtains!", "why toilet light is rectangular coz according to fengshui, it's no good?" haiz...i dunno what other comments to come when house is ready.

Edited by joyousonline

ha notice no grills..changing my grills...but hor, no grills really look so much nicer!! but we staying on 2nd floor..better to have grills right?

mother in law says why ceiling fan??? to her, it will work fine now...after a while it will not...heeee no choice i dun really like standing fans...think should not be any problem with ceiling fans. sometimes feel drained especially comments from family..comments like "your flat so big, how to clean!", "why 2 pple need such a big space?", "initially, excited to clean, later on will find it a chore...", "the marble not nice coz it's pinkish!", "wa staircase also marble, very dangerous leh!", "oh you have to wash so many curtains!", "why toilet light is rectangular coz according to fengshui, it's no good?" haiz...i dunno what other comments to come when house is ready.

Yes, I agree no grills much nicer but for security reasons better to install lar since Singapore got 'spiderman' burglars.

I'm a ceiling fan 'fan' too. They function better to cool down the whole room and don't take up valuable floor space unlike stand fans. Actually I think ceiling fans work the best that's why most restaurants install ceiling fans. Just have to clean off the dust periodically cos dust will weigh down the fan.

As for all the comments, err... just ignore? I get the 'why do you need such a big place for 2 persons' too but just say we enjoy the space lor. No one so far can argue against that. :P For parents, they shouldn't complain cos we are catering for future expansion mah... As for cleaning... that's why we engage a part-time maid??? :P;):D Heee, seems like all similar comments...

Your reno looks like it's coming along nicely. :jammin:

Yes, I agree no grills much nicer but for security reasons better to install lar since Singapore got 'spiderman' burglars.

I'm a ceiling fan 'fan' too. They function better to cool down the whole room and don't take up valuable floor space unlike stand fans. Actually I think ceiling fans work the best that's why most restaurants install ceiling fans. Just have to clean off the dust periodically cos dust will weigh down the fan.

As for all the comments, err... just ignore? I get the 'why do you need such a big place for 2 persons' too but just say we enjoy the space lor. No one so far can argue against that. :P For parents, they shouldn't complain cos we are catering for future expansion mah... As for cleaning... that's why we engage a part-time maid??? :P;):D Heee, seems like all similar comments...

Your reno looks like it's coming along nicely. :jammin:

ya security over aesthetics then!!! heeee

but think designers dun like ceiling fans though.

ya anyway no matter what we do, we can't please everyone..i will just ignore ba! at most get part time maid lo.. i love big spaces!! heee we got standard answers to counter these questions!!

Aiyooooo the pc at my workstation cannot see some of the pics some of you posted, but went to use another pc to see and boy... yr EM is **** huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!! I like!! This spacious lovenest can be used to play catching hahahaha :D 2 pple need such a big space because "WE LIKE (it), WE WANT (it), WE CAN (afford it), WE (shall) HAVE (it)" :sport-smiley-004:

Hehe.. think most mansionette owners will attest to this. Why so big? Stairs dangerous! Pregnant fall down how? Old ppl fall down how? See how u clean! etc etc.

Ultimately... what matters is that the 2 of u LIKE it. =D

but think designers dun like ceiling fans though.

ya anyway no matter what we do, we can't please everyone..i will just ignore ba! at most get part time maid lo.. i love big spaces!! heee we got standard answers to counter these questions!!

Haha, ya, my designers dun like my fans, except the balcony one, which my lady ID sorta insisted on.

As apartments get smaller n smaller in SG, where else to find such a luxury of space? I was telling my SO, cannot imagine where to move to next time... cannot get used to smaller space right?

There is actually quite a few of us "EM-lovers" around, you, me, Soichiro, Kobelala, ymjp100, etc. :yamseng:

Haha, ya, my designers dun like my fans, except the balcony one, which my lady ID sorta insisted on.

As apartments get smaller n smaller in SG, where else to find such a luxury of space? I was telling my SO, cannot imagine where to move to next time... cannot get used to smaller space right?

There is actually quite a few of us "EM-lovers" around, you, me, Soichiro, Kobelala, ymjp100, etc. :yamseng:

That's right. Not intending to move out anytime soon. The EM has so much to love and the space affords room for creativity. Wonderful....

Aiyooooo the pc at my workstation cannot see some of the pics some of you posted, but went to use another pc to see and boy... yr EM is **** huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!! I like!! This spacious lovenest can be used to play catching hahahaha :D 2 pple need such a big space because "WE LIKE (it), WE WANT (it), WE CAN (afford it), WE (shall) HAVE (it)" :sport-smiley-004:

haha yeah quite big i admit!!! can really move freely around...like your exclamation!! hahaha

Hehe.. think most mansionette owners will attest to this. Why so big? Stairs dangerous! Pregnant fall down how? Old ppl fall down how? See how u clean! etc etc.

yes all the common remarks!! in fact the private house owners all have staircases too!! we just love big spaces! well just our preferences!

yes surprised to see so many EM lovers here!! really a luxury of space...dun think will get used to a smaller space if we ever shift out..nothing to upgrade already!

That's right. Not intending to move out anytime soon. The EM has so much to love and the space affords room for creativity. Wonderful....

same here..long term stay...mine is corner unit...all the more should treasure..heeee

thanks bro!! anyway we not rushing to move in..will shift in sep..so still hv time..heeee

hee my living room feature also similar to yours...but not exactly also....

Sis Joyous, your pillar cove is much more propotionate and very nice :good:

sometimes feel drained especially comments from family..comments like "your flat so big, how to clean!", "why 2 pple need such a big space?", "initially, excited to clean, later on will find it a chore...", "the marble not nice coz it's pinkish!", "wa staircase also marble, very dangerous leh!", "oh you have to wash so many curtains!", "why toilet light is rectangular coz according to fengshui, it's no good?" haiz...i dunno what other comments to come when house is ready.

These are the actual comments we've receive also.... :o

and YES, we love EM :yamseng::sport-smiley-004: